Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: CTD as soon as I saved  (Read 556 times)

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
CTD as soon as I saved
« on: July 23, 2021, 08:26:13 AM »

Using the mods Console Commands, Grand Colonies 1.0.c, GraphicsLib, Industrial Evolution 2.2.f, LazyLib, MagicLib and Missing Ships with dev mode on, and I'd just edited the ship data csv for Missing Ships to add more OP, cargo space, crew, fuel and speed to the midline dreadnoughts, then went and added as many hullmods as I could, barring the fact it technically wasn't letting me integrate them in the refit menu. Once i left the planet I went to the menu and saved where it just CTD on me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: CTD as soon as I saved
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 11:32:40 AM »

Ouch! It looks like one of the mods you're using is putting lots of things that it shouldn't into savefiles. I can't say offhand which mod, though - I seem to recall this coming up for Industrial Evolution at some point?

It'll only crash this way while in dev mode, though, so you could get around the crash by turning that off. But still what's happening there is very not good and could likely cause other problems down the line.

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 11:37:32 AM »

That is the most simple fix for something I must have ever come across, but I hope a perma fix is soon

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 11:39:37 AM »

Just to clarify, it's not something I can fix on my end, the issue is in a mod. So if you're able to, you might want to bring it up to the mod authors - though at this point it's not certain which mod it is... But from that list, it's probably either Grand Colonies or Industrial evolution - the rest are library mods, and Missing Ships - if it's what it sounds like, a ship pack - doesn't sound like a likely culprit for this.

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 11:49:07 AM »

Real quick, 1 this site has no performance, runs horribly, abysmal file limit, I thought discord was archaic with an 8MB limit, and 2
Why can't the time be shown right 

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 11:58:10 AM »

Re: time, you probably need to adjust your forum profile to have the correct timezone in it.

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 12:04:36 PM »

It's still 8 hours behind and whatever it is that runs this forum is potato slow