Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pirate bases become neutral to everyone?  (Read 533 times)

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
Pirate bases become neutral to everyone?
« on: July 26, 2021, 01:48:44 AM »

I have a rather...interesting bug. As can be inferred from the title, despite me being vengeful(-100) with the pirates, all Pirate Bases appear as neutral(0).

Specs:
Running Nexerelin, HMI, Tahlan, US, SWP, Beyond The Sector, TASC, Kazeron Navarchy, Adjusted Sector all on the (of this post's date) latest versions that can be found on the forum(not the discord).

Notes:
-All fleets around the station are also neutral, meaning they don't attack me even when I saunter in with the transponder on. The base also grants me docking clearance.
-Surprisingly enough, pirates outside these bases(both normal pirates/worlds in the Core Worlds, bounty fleets, even raider fleets sent by said stations) are still hostile to me.
-The bug also applies to all factions; as per Nex, factions try to organize strike missions against bases. However, these missions get immediately canceled due to "faction no longer hostile".
-The bug only affected the game a few cycles(maybe 10? i dont remember), everything was perfectly fine and normal before then.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Pirate bases become neutral to everyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 05:56:27 PM »

This sounds like the Beyond the Sector bug where the beyond-sector pirate faction also spawns bases in the normal sector.

The mod isn't being updated but the fix here can be implemented user-side. (But this won't make existing bases go away or become hostile)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 06:02:52 PM by Histidine »

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate bases become neutral to everyone?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 08:27:29 PM »

Well, that fixes it, though I still have to wonder why beyond-the-sector pirates are actually neutral(they ARE pirates after all)

Anywhom, the only problem they really pose is the fact that I can’t spam raid them for free supplies without consequences anymore