Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Failure to load save: CannotResolveClassException: crew  (Read 648 times)

maxeimaxei1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Failure to load save: CannotResolveClassException: crew
« on: July 19, 2021, 07:34:20 AM »

Hey people, I've been playing starsector for a while now and my save game randomly stopped loading - the backup itself doesn't help either and the last copy of my save was 2 in-game years ago - do y'all have any idea on how to fix this? I did not add or remove any mods after saving, it was merely me going "this fleet defeated me, let's reload a previous save" and it suddenly stopped working.

The main error is:
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException: crew

Logs and my Modlist can be found here: https://pastebin.com/n5cYhZ9K
Previously I had the issue described here (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21929.msg334039#msg334039) and was able to fix it, unfortunately trying to load after the fix led me to this issue.

I can upload my savegame later if y'all think it would help.

Cheers and thanks for your time in advance ^^

Edit: updated the pastebin link
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 09:19:21 AM by maxeimaxei1 »

maxeimaxei1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Failure to load save: CannotResolveClassException: crew
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 09:20:20 AM »

Nevermind me - pasted the wrong link ^^

updated it now

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 09:24:59 AM »

It could be that the fix wasn't save compatible, or it could be another issue I saw recently, but I'll have to track it down.

Edit: Here we go, it might solve the issue. Or it might make it worse, so back up your save before trying it.

maxeimaxei1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 08:19:59 AM »

I took a gander at what you linked and it basically was what I did to fix the first issue I had. I had deleted both the code shown here - tested - and then installed the fix mod (just to try). The fix mod didn't solve the issue I'm currently having however and dis- or enabling it didn't change anything.

I can't think of anything I did that would particularly influence the crew part - what I did immediately before saving was getting some crew and ships from my colony and that's it, I think.

The fix not being save compatible would be odd - I mean it was specifically meant to rescue save files ^^

I've uploaded my savefile here. I hope it helps.