Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: Of Slipstreams and Sensor Ghosts (09/24/21)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.95a] DroneLib v1.1.0 - Evolved Combat Systems (New Tutorial!)  (Read 17181 times)

tomatopaste

• Commander
  • Gentle Mann of Leisure
    • View Profile

Added a tutorial walkthrough for adding a subsystem imitating Maneuvering Jets to a ship via hullmod to the OP, in the tutorials section.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] DroneLib v1.1.0 - Evolved Combat Systems (New Tutorial!)
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2021, 11:10:53 AM »

so ummm, if i may ask, if i remember correctly you said something about bringing out a mod which uses drone lib. may i ask when it might come out/how far it is developed, if you already started developing it?

tomatopaste

• Commander
  • Gentle Mann of Leisure
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2021, 09:04:52 PM »

so ummm, if i may ask, if i remember correctly you said something about bringing out a mod which uses drone lib. may i ask when it might come out/how far it is developed, if you already started developing it?
I posted clips from a mod called RogueSynth that adds random variants to ships with fun and dumb effects, it used to be a discord-only mod for 0.9.1a but I'm working on a full release.

I also have my faction mod Pearson Exotronics which has been in dev hell for months, lots of feature creep, currently not release ready while I pick over the guts of the thing regarding dronelib integration. A lot of the scripts in DL come from pearson and I have to remove all the conflicts with externalising a lot of things into the library.

Finally there is Neutrino Corp which I fully intend to overhaul, plans and tests have been made for armour mechanics using subsystems, as well as upgraded drone shipsystems, but the mod needs a complete art overhaul which will take a long time to achieve.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2021, 01:38:46 AM »

hmm, i see. so it will probably take a while, and new updates will only make it an even longer wait. if i may ask, when might RogueSynth come out if you are working towards a full release? and also i did not completely get what you meant, did you mean like there are new hullmods which do weird things? so is it like the "incredibly gullible hullmods" mod?

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2021, 05:06:07 AM »

I posted clips from a mod called RogueSynth that adds random variants to ships with fun and dumb effects, it used to be a discord-only mod for 0.9.1a but I'm working on a full release.

I also have my faction mod Pearson Exotronics which has been in dev hell for months, lots of feature creep, currently not release ready while I pick over the guts of the thing regarding dronelib integration. A lot of the scripts in DL come from pearson and I have to remove all the conflicts with externalising a lot of things into the library.

Finally there is Neutrino Corp which I fully intend to overhaul, plans and tests have been made for armour mechanics using subsystems, as well as upgraded drone shipsystems, but the mod needs a complete art overhaul which will take a long time to achieve.

Just here to say I'm stoked for roguesynth cause it sounds like something I've wanted in the sector for.....yea I guess for years now lol
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2021, 12:21:08 PM »

mister tomatopaste? sorry for asking but, are you still working on rogue synth?

Space_Lettuce_OG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2021, 12:22:59 PM »

I'm curious, are there any mods out there that make use of DroneLib or are planning/developing a mod to use it?
Pages: 1 [2]