Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [0.97a] AI-Retrofits  (Read 147484 times)

mark.sucka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] AI-Retrofits
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2022, 01:39:32 PM »

Great mod.  I also love to run an AI-only fleet; those pesky human crews expect $10 a month, and don't even get me started on those officers.  $3,300 a month for a level 7 officer with only 5 elite skills??? An Alpha Core will work for free and bring 7 (or even 8 ) elite skills to the table.  Overpaid meat sacks!

A few thoughts I had though, and feel free to tell me modding it differently is too complex -- I could barely homebrew up some hullmods myself for basic stuff like extra hangars.

• AI Retrofit seems to only use the base skeleton crew needs of a standard ship when determining OP cost.  This means that ship modifiers that would increase the skeleton crew required and thus should increase the OP cost of a retrofit (i.e. faulty automated systems, converted hangars, any other hullmods that increase crew requirements) don't dynamically increase the OP cost of an AI retrofit.  Conversely, ship modifiers that reduce required skeleton crew (i.e. Efficiency Overhaul, Converted fighter bays, or potential upgrade from other mods like Exotica Technologies, etc.) do not reduce the OP cost of an AI retrofit.
  • Automated Robotic Drone Factory also does not make similar adjustments to dynamically changing crew space, and seems to only use the differential of base max crew minus base skeleton crew to determine how much crew space will be converted for the factory and how much production capacity will be created.  So adding Additional Berthing, or otherwise increase / decreasing the skeleton crew (and thus the difference in max crew minus skeleton crew) has no impact on crew space lost and drone production capacity gained.
  • Combat Drones: I'm a bit confused on what their purpose is.  I can't seem to use them for anything that would otherwise require marines.  No regular planetary raiding (per vanilla; dock at planet > consider military options > launch a raid), no using them for hijacking docked ships (per bar missions), no using them for galatia academy artifact / prisoner fetch quests, no using them for mission-related planetary raids (like saving a galatia academy research crew from a rogue AI-core), and no deploying them in nexerelin operations (already mentioned in earlier posts).  Is it required to have at least 1 human marine leading them on a mission?  Also, how would troop XP be factored in, since marines have a rookie>veteran XP value per stack, do combat drones have the same?
  • Order of losses for drones vs humans.  There are different times where I may want to have human crew suffer the first losses in a salvage operation (i.e. I picked up some crew from debris that I don't need and don't want to pay salaries for), and other times where I'm already running with the minimum required crew for ships not (yet) converted to AI and so would rather drones take the first losses so my ships aren't undercrewed.  I can't seem to figure out why in some salvage operations I lose drones and others I lose human crew.  I see a priority in the settings.json file,    "AIRetrofits_Salvage_priority":9, but whatever number it is set to, crew versus drone losses seem to be random.

Thanks again for your work.  This is one of about 6 mods that are musts for a playthrough for me.

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2022, 06:23:23 PM »

AI Retrofit seems to only use the base skeleton crew needs of a standard ship when determining OP cost
yes. and it is unlikely for this to change anytime soon, although I would like it to. there is a way to do it, but my plate is full at the moment. same thing in regards to Automated Robotic Drone Factory.

I can't seem to use them for anything that would otherwise require marines
they should be good for anything in vanilla raiding. the fact they are not working is likely another mod overwriting 'Crew Replacer' and what it dose to the raid plugin to allow this to happen. try using the latest version of nexerelin, and if it still dose not work, Crew Replacer has a patch that should. if that still dose not work, ether the release version of my mod is bugged or there is a compatibility issue going on.
they do not work for the bar quests yet, and don't work for anything to do with nexerelin (like invasions, for example) yet.
combat robots do not gain XP. raiding can still give the humans XP though, but only if you have the humans with you.

Order of losses for drones vs humans
order of losses is kind of complicated, and the current version might have the priority set wrong. so here how it should work though:
first crew replacer gets the crew a job wants, so if it wants 45 crew to salvage something, and you have 300 'crew' and 40 'salvage robots',
it will look at the priority for both ('crew' = 10 and 'salvage robots' = 9) and try to get the 'required crew' in order of best priority to worst.
(so 40 'salvage robots' and 5 'crew')
if you had more 'salvage robots' then 'required crew', it would only call 'salvage robots'.
if 'crew' had a lower priority then 'savage robots', it would call 'crew' first, and because there is more 'crew' then 'required crew', it would call only 'crew'.
if 'crew' and 'salvage robots' had the same priority, it would try to get random 'crew' and 'salvage robots' using some math that acts like all the available crews were picking straws.

now how this relates to crew losses:
when calculating crew losses, the code looks at the crew used in a job example: (40 'salvage robots' and 5 'crew') then randomly try's to get crew losses using the 'drawing straws' math thing, using crew used in the job as who draws the straws. so in this case, it would be 8X more likely to loss a 'salvage robot' then a 'crew' (there is 8x more 'salvage robots' then 'crew'), but it would still be random, if that makes sense. so there is a change that you would lose all 5 'crew' anyways. or would lose only 'salvage robots', even if you were set to lose 40 crew.

both the loses and crew for job functions are also effected by something called power. think of it as a multiplier for how mush each unit is work in calculations. but 'salvage drones' and 'crew' have the same power, so it dose not matter here.

i hope that all helps, and I'm glad your enjoying my mod. I'm working on an update for it now, although its far from finished, it goes well.

Dreadnought70

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2023, 04:58:02 AM »

Just wanted to say how much I love this mod :D
Check out Domain Drones+, a mod I have for Starsector!

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=25888.msg385285#msg385285

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2023, 03:22:20 PM »

Just wanted to say how much I love this mod :D
Thank you for the kind words. I too love this mod <3

Naimod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2023, 06:49:59 AM »

Thank you for letting me roleplay as AI with this mod. (Wish we can get AI core skills too lol!)

btw I think this is incompatible with industrial evolution. Just so you know.
I get a fatal error if I try to start a new game with both of them enabled.

EDIT:
Seems I can't survey with survey drones...
Only thing I can think of is Nexerilin incompatibility.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 09:08:47 AM by Naimod »

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2023, 02:04:38 PM »

Thank you for letting me roleplay as AI with this mod. (Wish we can get AI core skills too lol!)

btw I think this is incompatible with industrial evolution. Just so you know.
I get a fatal error if I try to start a new game with both of them enabled.

EDIT:
Seems I can't survey with survey drones...
Only thing I can think of is Nexerilin incompatibility.
incompatible with industrial evolution? that's odd... it was working fine for me. i ran some tests with the latest version of both mods and it seemed to work fine. i have no idea why your game is crashing when you load with both of them. could you maybe share the crash in the starsector.log? im not very good at telling what's sup with that, the people on the discord are a mush better help i find, but i might be able to understand something.

this mod should be 100% combatable with nexerilin. I have been doing all my testing with said mod, and have had no issues.

as for survey robots not working... do to a limitation in crew replacer, survey robots reduce the crew cost to survey. so you can, if you have enough survey robots, reduce the cost all the way down to zero. survey robots will not show up as crew when you look at a world to survey. can you double check to see if this is working yourself by looking at the required crew to survey a world, with and without some survey robots? if survey robots are not even doing that for some reason, something is likely overriding crew replacer's survey plugin, but i have no clue what.

Naimod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2023, 08:56:53 PM »

Sorry, I think I made a mistake with industrial evolution. It was probably a different mod that was incompatible (Tahlan Shipworks 0.8.666a)

I see, so I just needed more Survey drones? Got it.
I'll do more testing when I get the chance and will report what I find~

EDIT:
ohhh, I get it now!
Sorry that I couldn't understand what you meant with the survey robots reducing crew cost to 0 so that you can technically survey with only survey drones...
oof.

Thank you for this mod again~ And sorry for not understanding it with the description only.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 09:27:33 PM by Naimod »

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2023, 09:52:06 PM »

Sorry, I think I made a mistake with industrial evolution. It was probably a different mod that was incompatible (Tahlan Shipworks 0.8.666a)

EDIT:
ohhh, I get it now!
Sorry that I couldn't understand what you meant with the survey robots reducing crew cost to 0 so that you can technically survey with only survey drones...
oof.

Thank you for this mod again~ And sorry for not understanding it with the description only.
It's NP. I understand some people will not understand the survey thing, with how wired it is. Hopefully it is improved someday.
Hope you enjoy the starsector.

Naimod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2023, 06:16:59 AM »

EDIT:
ohhh, I get it now!
oof.

It's NP. I understand some people will not understand the survey thing, with how wired it is. Hopefully it is improved someday.
Hope you enjoy the starsector.

I wish you luck on that!
One last question though, is there a way to reduce OP cost to 0? via editing the files? And if it's okay to do so for my game setup?

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2023, 03:03:00 PM »

I wish you luck on that!
One last question though, is there a way to reduce OP cost to 0? via editing the files? And if it's okay to do so for my game setup?
you can change the cost of any hullmod in the data\hullmods\hull_mods.csv file of any given mod.
you will need a program that can open and save CSV files though. (i use something called RonsEditor, i think?)
if you want to change amount of extra op cost per crew of the AI-Retrofit hullmod its in the data\config\settings.json file of AIRetrofits. search for 'AIRetrofits hullmod'. there are options for every ship size.
its safe to do this. no clue if it will mess up a save. i don't think it messes up saves. if it does it would just make it impossible to load the save, but you can always backup your mod before you edit it, in case your changes break something.

Naimod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2023, 07:42:19 PM »

Thank you~
I don't think it'll be a problem since I'm starting a new game.

Naimod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2023, 05:45:01 PM »

... so in the end, I ended up editing the files mid-game... and encountered a consistent Fatal:Null error down the line.
Posted it in the bugs (modded) thread and they told me it could be something messing with the markets. This mod might be the culprit but we're not really sure.

error log:
Spoiler
312128 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
   at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.reapplyConditions(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

what do you think?

basileus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2023, 08:14:48 PM »

Posted it in the bugs (modded) thread and they told me it could be something messing with the markets. This mod might be the culprit but we're not really sure.

I noticed that you prefer using the enhanced for loop for iteration.  It's not merely syntactic sugar, and the underlying collection is immutable with that syntax.

You should use either a simple for loop or Iterator when you need to modify an ArrayList during iteration.

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2023, 05:17:46 PM »

... so in the end, I ended up editing the files mid-game... and encountered a consistent Fatal:Null error down the line.

error log:
Spoiler
312128 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
   at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.reapplyConditions(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

what do you think?
I have never gotten this error before. however, that does not mean its impossible that its AI-Retrofits causing this. I had a similar error caused by prates but epicer (-not the same error. mine was very different. but the description is kind of like it.) that would randomly appear in my games and force me to do over about 2 hours of game play. ill try to fix it useing the advice provided by basileus in a few days, if it is AI-Retrofits or any of my other mods, but i have never gotten said error.

I noticed that you prefer using the enhanced for loop for iteration.  It's not merely syntactic sugar, and the underlying collection is immutable with that syntax.

You should use either a simple for loop or Iterator when you need to modify an ArrayList during iteration.
I think i know what you are saying. i had no idea this could cause issues. i will fix that in a few days. (provided your saying I should switch from 'for(int a : somerandomarraylist){}' to 'for(int b = 0; b < somerandomarraylist.size(); b++){int a = somerandomarraylist.get(b);}' when useing for loops and array lists, or do you mean something else?)

basileus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2023, 07:49:44 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6