Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Pirate Mini Mod (1.6.1)  (Read 121803 times)

AnimeshkaTvar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Pirate Mini Mod (1.6.1)
« Reply #135 on: February 29, 2024, 11:27:12 AM »

Hi, you have a nice pirate mod, what give me good pirate/corsair game experience. I hope, that you  have more ideas, how to expand your ship pack, or add some another type of expanded content.

And… Harbinger (P) makes me laugh. This is a phase-disaster-class ship with cyclones  :)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 11:34:08 AM by AnimeshkaTvar »

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2024, 02:27:37 PM »

Hi, you have a nice pirate mod, what give me good pirate/corsair game experience. I hope, that you  have more ideas, how to expand your ship pack, or add some another type of expanded content.

And… Harbinger (P) makes me laugh. This is a phase-disaster-class ship with cyclones  :)

Im really happy you're enjoying! Ive recently started work again with another mod dev so hopefully some new stuff will get sent out soon!
I'm Minideth. I do things.

unlitoutsource

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2024, 11:59:56 AM »

Hello,

I've been trying your mod again, and it is not working: When I load the latest version, I get this error:
Code
57920 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [shade_d_pirates_Skirmisher] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [shade_d_pirates_Skirmisher] not found!
        at com.fs.starfarer.loading.B.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.loading.V$Oo.getFPCost(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.loading.V.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.void.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÓO0000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

I'm not quite sure if this is caused by having prv Starworks installed, as well, though. However, as soon as I disable PMMM, that exception goes away and the game loads again.

And please have a look in the zip file. There is a "out" directory in there, that does not look like it is supposed to be there, but it contains many files. Are you sure your build is not broken?

Regards,

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2024, 02:23:58 PM »

Hello,

I've been trying your mod again, and it is not working: When I load the latest version, I get this error:
Code
57920 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [shade_d_pirates_Skirmisher] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [shade_d_pirates_Skirmisher] not found!
        at com.fs.starfarer.loading.V$Oo.getFPCost(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.loading.V.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.void.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÓO0000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

I'm not quite sure if this is caused by having prv Starworks installed, as well, though. However, as soon as I disable PMMM, that exception goes away and the game loads again.

And please have a look in the zip file. There is a "out" directory in there, that does not look like it is supposed to be there, but it contains many files. Are you sure your build is not broken?

Regards,

Hello hello! Hope you're well

So this error is saying the game cant find the Skirmisher variant from PMM for the pirate shade. The only thing that should pull such a variant is PMM itself so this is a bit odd lol. To be sure I downloaded PRV and tested a few starts and sims to see if i could get the crash but didnt get anything. I know this might seem obvious but have you tried a full replacement of the mod? delete and redownload? If youve already done that or it didnt work lmk and ill keep troubleshooting this with you!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 05:51:15 PM by MiniDeth3 »

Not_a_cat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2024, 04:11:42 PM »

Great work ! Will try it in my next playthrough.
You know what will make me really happy in such a mod ? -- Pirate phase transport ship for my alternatively legal trading enterprises
1) Cruiser size cause it should be able to go relatively fast without mandatory `Augmented Engines` but also doesn't waste shipslots too much
2) Some fun system which will turn attempts to catch into a nightmare
3) Relatively affordable price
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 04:43:50 PM by Not_a_cat »

unlitoutsource

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2024, 06:39:46 AM »

Thank for the tip with deleting the old mods directory before updating. I am using MOSS to manage my mods, and it seems I wrongly assumed it would do exactly that when updating a mod.

Anyway, installing the mod from scratch seemed to have solved the problem. However, deleting the mod wasn't so straightforward, as the "weapons" directly is read-only, so technically it cannot be deleted without having admin privileges...

That is probably, what kept MOSS from doing a clean re-install, and I simply overlooked the error message it gave me...

Regards,

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2024, 04:09:14 PM »

Great work ! Will try it in my next playthrough.
You know what will make me really happy in such a mod ? -- Pirate phase transport ship for my alternatively legal trading enterprises
1) Cruiser size cause it should be able to go relatively fast without mandatory `Augmented Engines` but also doesn't waste shipslots too much
2) Some fun system which will turn attempts to catch into a nightmare
3) Relatively affordable price

I think I have a cool idea that can fill that role and be balanced lol tysm!

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2024, 04:10:42 PM »

Thank for the tip with deleting the old mods directory before updating. I am using MOSS to manage my mods, and it seems I wrongly assumed it would do exactly that when updating a mod.

Anyway, installing the mod from scratch seemed to have solved the problem. However, deleting the mod wasn't so straightforward, as the "weapons" directly is read-only, so technically it cannot be deleted without having admin privileges...

That is probably, what kept MOSS from doing a clean re-install, and I simply overlooked the error message it gave me...

Regards,

Ah im glad you got it working! Yea most errors are usually caused by an error whilst updating. Stuff happens. Lmk if you run into any more issues or have any notes!

Akekho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2024, 05:10:30 AM »

few questions about ship commonality:
-Prometheus mk. III seems to completly phase out atlas mk II is that intended?
-Despite 2 champion variants i never saw the mk II
-Collosus mk 2 seems to not spawn at all... in game files it has commonality set to 0 is that intended?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 05:22:30 AM by Akekho »

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2024, 08:45:02 AM »

Hello hello! Im happy to answer/discuss!

"-Prometheus mk. III seems to completly phase out atlas mk II is that intended?"

This one specifically was a fun topic! So this was mentioned in a PMM patch but the pirates in vanilla really lacked a larger fleet anchor. The only capital was the Atlas mk2 which is a fragile fire support ship. This combined with pirate doctrine often spamming atlas mk2s in the end game resulted in topheavy fleets that would just fall apart when put up against a player fleet of similar or even less DP. This is where the Prometheus mk3 comes in! This ship was meant to give the pirates a tanky and overfluxed fleet anchor capable of sitting near the front line and providing pressure (something that the atlas cannot). I knew, without precautions taken, this decision would make the atlas obsolete due to its role being now filled by another ship with its own limitations but ultimately more damage potential.

I found that instead of facing the problem directly and arbitrarily adding/removing weapon mounts to preserve the atlas's role I could shift its role to "long range fire support" or something of the sorts by adding advanced targeting core. At first it was merely an experiment but i think it fits well! Now the atlas can get more value out of the guns it has and provide better support to its fleet. It still falls apart when dove but now preserves its role.

"-Despite 2 champion variants i never saw the mk II"

The champ mk2 is an extremely rare spawn due to its sheer power. Mechanically it rarely takes the place of a capital in end game pirate fleets. This paired with its extreme logistical footprint keeps the players access to the ship low.

"-Collosus mk 2 seems to not spawn at all... in game files it has commonality set to 0 is that intended?"

This mistake seems to be a remnant of an old work around i had to do to edit mounts. Ive since found a better way to do it and likely left this in by accident whilst cleaning up. Thanks for letting me know!

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2024, 05:12:37 AM »

This (and another mod IIRC) makes pirates worthy late-game fights, without the need for MM. Massive thanks for introducing a mod that makes pirates a considerable threat, even into late-game!

Spoiler
run this with Indies Expansion Pack and Musashi for max fun
[close]
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2024, 11:23:07 AM »

This (and another mod IIRC) makes pirates worthy late-game fights, without the need for MM. Massive thanks for introducing a mod that makes pirates a considerable threat, even into late-game!

Spoiler
run this with Indies Expansion Pack and Musashi for max fun
[close]

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! It's been amazing watching people enjoy crazier pirate runs!

yajusenpai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2024, 02:21:53 AM »

Both of the added Super redacted ship are ***.
Aeon have 190 speed and teleportation meaning it can disengage whenever it want and kite any of your ship to eternity, pair with its more then enough bulk mean it only die when it want to killed.
Triquetra have a system that can disable your ship in an instant and no amount of friends are going to save you from what come follow.

What the counter play? Or like people say, The only winning move is not to play?

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2024, 09:24:46 AM »

Both of the added Super redacted ship are ***.
Aeon have 190 speed and teleportation meaning it can disengage whenever it want and kite any of your ship to eternity, pair with its more then enough bulk mean it only die when it want to killed.
Triquetra have a system that can disable your ship in an instant and no amount of friends are going to save you from what come follow.

What the counter play? Or like people say, The only winning move is not to play?

Yo! I read your post and did some more testing with the ships in a proper campaign!

Triquetra didn't pose much of a problem when put beside the balancing of a Tesseract (Same sized omega). It is specialized for fleet support and to counter wolfpack tactics rather than raw DPS and movement (Hence why wolfpack is the go to against the Tesseracts). This naturally makes the Triquetra more prone to pressure from larger high armor/shield ships like an Onslaught or Paragon. Ofc its still an omega ship so difficulty will be far higher.

There are already some small nerfs in the chamber for Aeon but I might push them a little further. The ship is hard to catch and easily kites most larger ships. I have some things in mind to balance it out slightly. As for counterplay Aeon's ship system is naturally reckless. When rushing it will often dive straight into salvos of sabots or other high damage projectiles. Missile saturation might be the best bet due to chip damage and the ships reckless nature.

Also to cap this off the next update to PMM includes support for Luna Lib settings which includes an option to disable PMM omega if desired.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]