Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: removing 0-flux malus w attacking fighters?  (Read 794 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
removing 0-flux malus w attacking fighters?
« on: July 09, 2021, 02:46:57 PM »

im wanting to do this, its basically two parts, reducing the engagement range of fighters (which I already know how to do (IE rip from a mod that already changes fighter range)), and allowing a carrier to enjoy 0-flux boost while its fighters attack.
is there a way to do the latter, without having to just make the hullmod a SO off-shoot? Or, is there already a mod that does that whose code I can look at (rip for my own personal use)?
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: removing 0-flux malus w attacking fighters?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 02:54:08 PM »

Peek the SO script and change the value of zero flux bonus from 2f (200% of total flux) to 0.01f (1% of total flux) (or 0.02f for 2% just to be safe)

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 03:00:48 PM »

does setting fighters to attack stop you from getting 0-flux bonus just by generating flux? I thought it worked via some backend thing.
Actually hold up, I have a hullmod that lets you 0-flux at up to 1% flux, let me throw titanic turboconductors on a carrier and check
OH IT DOES. I just assumed it didnt since the UI says u have 0 flux when u turn on attack mode. You know whats funny is, before I left for lunch & had figured out which two mods I could probably stitch together to make this, then forgot by the time I got home from my lunch. And now, before I can actually do anything with this, I have to go pick my significant other up from work & if I hadn't posted this I'd probably have forgotten again lmfao

anyway, so glad this turned out to be stupid-simple (bc if it werent id have no way to make this). And now im gonna LEAVE THIS TAB OPEN ON MY SCREEN WHEN I LEAVE
edit: and before I go, is there a hullmod that makes carriers behave as combat carriers? if it's SO i am going to scream lol
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 03:05:33 PM by Deshara »
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 04:58:48 PM »

edit: and before I go, is there a hullmod that makes carriers behave as combat carriers? if it's SO i am going to scream lol

No, but you could probably make one fairly easily. Just add the combat carrier hints using the hullmod. (See Legion hints for an example.)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 08:03:02 PM »

okay, I see the tags I would need to hullmod in, but I have no reference for a hullmod that changes a ship's hints. I checked in SO, Militarized, converted hanger and converted fighters; no dice. Unless it is in there & I just looked over it, it's looking like that secret third part of this mod is going to be something out of my scope edit: I mean, more out of scope than the rest of it lol
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 08:08:46 PM by Deshara »

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 01:08:15 AM »

well then the only option left is to make the darn mod, test to see how much officer stance affects this, & if aggressive officers handle it better than steady then I'll look into getting permission to integrate the automated commands mod in so that the hullmod switches ur ship to aggressive unless u have a reckless officer on it, & if not then I'll make it anyway & just instruct people to blame alex for any ai deficiencies bc im making it for use on my flagships

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2021, 11:17:04 AM »

No, but you could probably make one fairly easily. Just add the combat carrier hints using the hullmod. (See Legion hints for an example.)

I'll chime in and say that the combat carrier tags don't work very well if you want a ship to be a front line attack vessel... I'd just remove any carrier tags entirely. Is there a way to remove tags with hullmods?