Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ship graveyard terrain condition  (Read 766 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
ship graveyard terrain condition
« on: July 09, 2021, 01:41:15 PM »

like an asteroid field but it spawns the hulks of destroyed ships instead of rocks, mostly civilian shuttles. could be a chance to really show off the ship-splitting tech the game has; make the ship hulks already be damaged & very close close to being "killed" then have the AI treat them as enemy frigates or fighters that they aren't targeting so they'll be willing to shoot through a hulk to hit their target.
would be pretty epic to knife-fight with frigates while shouldering hulks out of the way, or to see a cruiser fire phase lances at an enemy with a dead capital ship in between, blowing the hulk in half & firing clean through the hole it just made, or to see an onslaught hit its burn drive & plow its way through shuttle hulks like an adult wading through a ball pit
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: ship graveyard terrain condition
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 11:53:41 AM »

VERY cool I second this
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 02:33:32 PM »

The way this general idea would make the most sense to me is make the condition only exist around derelict ships on the campaign layer... And it only spawns said derelict ship(s) into battle as floating hulks with the same damage, hullmods, and weapons they would have if you salvaged then. Just acting as bigger tougher asteroids. And if you destroy them during the battle? It has a chance of removing them from the campaign layer as well.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 05:36:06 PM »

The way this general idea would make the most sense to me is make the condition only exist around derelict ships on the campaign layer...

like the kind that spawns around gates, with the gate floating in the background of the battle where a planet would be..
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 11:01:56 PM »

I meant in general, even just ones that occur during gameplay.

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 12:59:31 AM »

The way this general idea would make the most sense to me is make the condition only exist around derelict ships on the campaign layer... And it only spawns said derelict ship(s) into battle as floating hulks with the same damage, hullmods, and weapons they would have if you salvaged then. Just acting as bigger tougher asteroids. And if you destroy them during the battle? It has a chance of removing them from the campaign layer as well.

Yes! Can we have that please, Alex? I'd actually love to have that in my mod, would be very fitting thematically
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0