Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: control all fighters the way you do motes  (Read 599 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
control all fighters the way you do motes
« on: July 08, 2021, 06:13:03 PM »

the "your motes swarm around ur ship avoiding contact with enemy ships attacking fighters & missiles until you press F then if u F'd on an enemy they go to it & attack it & if u F'd empty space then they go to that point & swarm there instead" controls are... actually really nice. It's weird how the ziggi has a more compelling & discreet fighter control for suicide (?) things than actual carriers do for their fighters.
take the ziggi's ship system controls, make it work with the x button instead of the f button, then paste it over the fighter controls for every carrier.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: control all fighters the way you do motes
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 06:18:43 PM »

First, we need motes to be able to target battlestation modules.  Currently, if player tries that, he targets the battlestation core instead of the module.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 12:02:34 PM »

.......what are motes?
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 12:17:43 PM »

go to galatia, start doing quests
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 06:11:40 AM »

.......what are motes?
The glowing orbs emitted by the Ziggurat, which are controlled by its ship system.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2021, 09:10:16 PM »

fighters need tighter controls in general, but would be easier to have a waypoint system for fighters that doesn't cost command points (still have to waste a command point to move the mothership/carrier though).  So, you know, fighters don't fly in straight lines through AN ENTIRE BATTLE just to kill one ship...
I wasn't always a Judge...