Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Oberon's peril - a spontaneous command point appreceation mission  (Read 391 times)

snicka

• Ensign
    • View Profile

A wise man once said " Yes, command points are a resource i can take value out of" - the statement is oftentimes disputed.

Constant barrage of suggestions and rants about the current iteration of in-battle fleet command system is common in the forums. But hardly ever is there any praise and appreceation for how you can really turn a tide of the battle with them. Below is a scenario which occured to me in a game which could serve as a self-serve demonstration, and also, I hope, a fun challenge. Enjoy!

Admiral Oberon, confident in his ( objectively subpar -.- ) alterations to hottes ship designs fetaured in Culnan Express, decided to impress a high-ranking Sinidrian official. The order, he thought - was simple. A remnant ordo, not even the biggest, baddest one - a regualr one. As he approched his quary, a wave of dread overcame him. Did he judge correctly? For remnant forces, in this day and age, are not to be trifled with...

Did Admiral Oberon bite off more than he can chew? Can you save him from the automated menace, and help him win the love (or at least +3 reputation points) of his Sinidrian lady?

https://mega.nz/file/HFpjCAJC#4NWviuRWfZedop2KK8pc2iLFLzBU65ydXWHLlacyIrs

Alternate title and sort-of-hint
Spoiler
" Ring around the chungus"
[close]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 07:38:20 AM by snicka »