Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: an industrial item that makes neural uplink global  (Read 996 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
an industrial item that makes neural uplink global
« on: July 08, 2021, 05:21:18 AM »

something u plug into a high command that allows you to hotswap instantly between any ship u can control at-will.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: an industrial item that makes neural uplink global
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 10:00:14 AM »

What about other top tier skills? Do they get nothing?

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 11:14:07 AM »

alright. an industrial item that makes all ships in your faction replenish 1/4th of their total ammo size every 30 seconds, to pair with missile spec. Or one that causes automated ships to no longer have their CR limited by other automated ships but each adds to skeleton crew requirement to all your non-automated ships in that battle (theyre being remotely controlled) thus encouraging the player to bring a timid valkyrie or starliner into combat. or one that causes your fleets and all ships found in markets to have more d-mods & sell for cheaper, for derelict contingent
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 11:45:44 AM »

TOO OP.  Such an item would need to be limited in some way.  But still would be cool to have global neural uplink, but only for space station defense battles near a colony with said item...
I wasn't always a Judge...

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 01:12:58 PM »

TOO OP.

this was inferred but idk if it needs to be said; when i say "industrial item" I mean something rare on the scale of a pristine nanoforge, in that if you explore every single system in the sector you are not actually guaranteed to even find 1. Or as a reward for an end-game quest like the ziggi

HyperionSniper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 09:20:31 PM »

TOO OP.  Such an item would need to be limited in some way.  But still would be cool to have global neural uplink, but only for space station defense battles near a colony with said item...
Maybe not as op as you'd think. Alex posted a teaser of a similar concept on his twitter, except that it has a 3-second delay and, presumably, some other restrictions.

HyperionSniper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 09:24:06 PM »

In fact, the ability is a planned upcoming skill, meaning you'll be able to just get it for free after a couple of levels. https://twitter.com/amosolov/status/1411058980923789319

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 09:40:33 PM »

In fact, the ability is a planned upcoming skill, meaning you'll be able to just get it for free after a couple of levels. https://twitter.com/amosolov/status/1411058980923789319

You're missing the limitation(s) though; you can only hop between a couple of ships at a time. Per the blogpost, emphasis mine;

A new top-tier Technology skill. This lets you rapidly switch between two (and only two, at a time) ships with the “Neural Interface” hullmod.

Deshara wants this limitation removed.

Presumably this would be as easy as removing the limitations from the basic hullmod. Alternately, simply making an ultra-rare hullmod schematic in the rare items pool that does the same thing as the regular neural link hullmod but without the limitations.

I doubt it would be particularly challenging to put together, but I also equally doubt it would be made a vanilla feature.

Pratapon51

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2021, 10:36:38 PM »

All ships on the board benefitting from the PC's skills...  :o