Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: let us commandeer faction ships  (Read 400 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
let us commandeer faction ships
« on: July 08, 2021, 05:19:47 AM »

if u join ur own fleets in battle u should be able to ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL your faction's ships.
i say this 100% bc i want to be able to set my faction to priotize a-kites and nothing else, set the only variant for the kite to be a torp bomber with EMR, then pilot a high tech close support capital ship into battle then when i join my faction fleets use their atropos kites with the reckless abandon of someone piloting someone else's ships while being CAS'd by my own flagship until all of the kites are empty and/or dead

edit: and you can make having "cooperative" status with a faction more meaningful & literal by making it unlock the ability to pilot that ally's ships in battle
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 05:22:09 AM by Deshara »
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: let us commandeer faction ships
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 11:34:52 AM »

It would also help a player to override the weird AI behavior that is sometimes displayed when defending your own faction's space stations... Although that might be "fixed" by Alex in the .95b update patch due in a few months, thought he commented on some previous thread about modifying aggressiveness when defending space stations.
I wasn't always a Judge...