Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Master of Orion 2 ship sprites (pictures added)  (Read 18477 times)

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
Re: Master of Orion 2 ship sprites (pictures added)
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 02:07:50 PM »

@Silus44: Excellent ships mate. I share David's enthusiasm for this: they are definitely recognizable MoO, but at the same time something new.

Silus44

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 08:02:41 PM »

Thanks for the support!

I've finally finished another one, after several disastrous attempts at making larger sized ships.  This is a second destroyer sized ship with four small side mounts and two medium mounting spots at the front.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 07:00:50 AM »

Looks good.

Silus44

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 07:37:45 AM »

Phew, finally got this done!  I'm not 100% happy with every part of this, and may yet make more changes, but the capital ship is finished enough to put up here, I think.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 09:05:49 AM »

Could be worse, its feels very same-y though. Due to the overuse of that one big ship on its wheel.

Silus44

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 09:21:17 AM »

Good point; I can probably go through and vary each one a bit to even to make it less homogeneous.  Other item to work on right now are the gray spokes; there is a lot of potential for holding other bits of stuff in scaffolding between them.

Actually, I might even be able to simply kitbash another piece of a MoO II ship onto one or more of the doom star ships.  Maybe take some front ends or wing-guns to make forward facing gun mounts on it.  Right now it has room for energy mounts facing all directions evenly (design choice).

These ships are meant to have a little bit of a junkyard feel to them, hence open ship sections and a reliance on shields rather than armor, so having bits and pieces sticking out would both add to that feel, and make it more interesting.
Pages: 1 [2]