Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Still sad that there is no good Anti-Missile thing & some questions  (Read 7020 times)

rabbistern

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Still sad that there is no good Anti-Missile thing & some questions
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2021, 09:21:20 PM »

Vulcan Cannons and Flack are... hilariously good anti-missile. With the skill or IPDAI they're obscene more or less able to shoot down any and all missiles before they hit you, regardless of the skills or equipment of the enemy.

A wall of Vulcan Cannons and IPDAI is one of the things that really makes an Onslaught shine, since these more or less allow it to ignore missiles.

3 flaks on the nose of the legion will not stop the rockets of the onslaught before impact captainless. That is how hilarious they indeed are. I can double check for the vulcan cannons, but unless something flies straight at them they don't perform that great either.

Maybe you don't distinguish between captain skills being good and weapons?
because youre using shields. the ballistic pd has ranges which lie almost within the shields radius. the shells come from the mount, not the shield after all. drop the shields and vulcans will eat the missiles

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2021, 10:44:47 PM »

Missiles that can't penetrate ballistic defenses can still force the ship to back off and maneuver defensively until they're shot down.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2021, 07:18:09 AM »

Missiles are a limited resource and PD is not. Of course a few small mounts of PD won't make you immune to missiles. It'd be hilariously bad game design if it did.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2021, 11:46:24 AM »

Missiles that can't penetrate ballistic defenses can still force the ship to back off and maneuver defensively until they're shot down.

yeah i think thats the intention of (most) pd weapons being weak high rate of fire weapons with no alpha. I recently killed a mothership & its fleet with a lone cerberus [/brag] that had 1 vulcan for using as a finisher & whenever the derelicts would fire missiles I'd have to retreat to give my PD time to kill them. A bit like how the HVD's role is to kill shields & its EMP / capacity to kill stuff is secondary, the job of missiles is to force enemies to back off / turn the tide of a close battle & its capacity to actually kill enemies is secondary.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then
Pages: 1 2 [3]