Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Taking over the sector = money problems  (Read 2230 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Taking over the sector = money problems
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2021, 06:18:20 AM »

It's most definitely not working as intended. It's just unfinished as in, player taking over the universe is not a contingency that was planned for. What should happen? I don't know. He should not be starved for money, though.
Treat it as a final win-or-lose condition and end the game.

If you have a colony, it should give a "Congratulations, you destroyed all enemies and conquered the sector.  You win the game.  Have a nice day.  Game Over!"

If you have no colonies, it should give something like the game over screen from Atari's Missile Command.  Flash "THE END" among flames to represent total sector collapse and death.

Kohlenstoff

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Taking over the sector = money problems
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2021, 09:48:36 AM »

Dunno if remnants scale but for me later on it's not uncommon to get 3+ cores for a single unstacked fight. Going for a trip in a red beacon system yields dozens of them, but yeah by the time you are doing that alphas aren't really needed.

My biggest drop was 4 Cores and it occurred only once. Maybe i had one time a Drop of 3 too. But otherwise i saw only lesser Drops while i select only the fattest and most blue officered Ordos. Do you maybe play some Mods?

But at the End you're right. Even with the 1 per Battle Drop Rate its not hard to get enough of them fast with a late Endgame Fleet. It's what i meant with simple math. Enough for the whole sector can be amassed in a few weeks of really dedicated Gameplay.
Pages: 1 [2]