Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What's the maximum lvl for officers found in pods?  (Read 2282 times)

Asherogar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
What's the maximum lvl for officers found in pods?
« on: July 04, 2021, 02:51:09 PM »

I know that base max lvl for officers is 5. Lvl 6 with Leadership skill. Officers in pods usually lvl 6 or 7. Iirc Alpha cores are lvl 8.
Managed to find a lvl 8 officer in a pod and I thought it's an absolute maximum for officers.
But then i found an absolute Chad, lvl 14 officer. He has so many skills that UI unable to show them properly. And now I'm confused is there even a limit on lvls for officers founds in pods?
I don't run any mods affecting officers and I haven't touched any files. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What's the maximum lvl for officers found in pods?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 02:56:43 PM »

Unmodded it is 7. Have yet to find an officer above that level.

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 08:52:25 PM »

The maximum in the vanilla (unmodded) game is level 7. This was confirmed by Alex here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19253.msg334288#msg334288

However, mods can increase this amount. In fact, you can increase it if you want, by going into \starsector-core\data\config\settings.json and set "maxSleeperPodsOfficerLevel" from 7 to whatever you want.

Asherogar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 01:33:51 AM »

Hm, sounds like a bug then.

I checked settings.json and indeed "maxSleeperPodsOfficerLevel" is set to 7. And I have no mods affecting Officers, Progression or Skills.

Well, whatever, i've no idea how to reproduce this bug and it's not crashing anything.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 03:51:24 AM »

But you are using mods, yes? That's the first place I would look. Otherwise more people would have noticed this bug.