Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [0.97a] Fleet Size By DP  (Read 140163 times)

dgchessman2

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Fleet Size By DP
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2022, 07:23:46 PM »

DP for automated ships is.... wowza.  Pretty wild.  Alpha core is 4x ship DP, Beta is 3x ship DP, Gamma is 2x ship DP.

I kept wondering why I seemed to be 'short' a lot.
A Solar battlecarrier with a Beta is 165 DP counted towards the fleet total!

Is that..... intentional...??

**EDIT**  Correction, it shows as triple, quadruple, etc on the fleet composition data, but doesn't actually add the multiplier to the above 'All Ships' total.  Pardon my confusion.  So more of a display quirk, less of an actual DP problem.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 07:48:14 PM by dgchessman2 »

Chozo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2022, 04:13:46 PM »

Hello running into a problem because of running this mod, but not caused by this mod.  So i am fielding a large fleet of destroyers and frigates.  But if i get into a large battle i can only recover a maximum of 30 ships.  I have looked for a work around but everything i look up addresses the recovery issue in vanilla if you have 30 ships in your fleet you cant recover.  Not the fact that there seems to be a hard cap on 30 recovery slots.

I ran into this in one run where I was spamming Diable frigates, but it didn't occur to me to change the handling.  I'll have to dig into the code to see where post-battle recovery is being handled, and what would be involved in changing the max number of ships that can be salvaged.

**EDIT**  Correction, it shows as triple, quadruple, etc on the fleet composition data, but doesn't actually add the multiplier to the above 'All Ships' total.  Pardon my confusion.  So more of a display quirk, less of an actual DP problem.

If it's under the Automated Ships category, then it's telling you what your effective DP is for the skill's readiness multiplier.

Island

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2022, 01:43:18 PM »

Hey!

Maybe it's just me, but my game stutters every 5-10s on campaign layer above ~15 ships in the fleet, the more ships I add - the more often and for longer duration it stutters.

Disabling the mod the way it's described in readme fixes the stuttering, so my save is safe, which is nice.

I have like 30-40 mods enabled, with 6 factions, so I can provide the list or more info if you want.

Chozo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2022, 02:24:46 PM »

Hey!

Maybe it's just me, but my game stutters every 5-10s on campaign layer above ~15 ships in the fleet, the more ships I add - the more often and for longer duration it stutters.

Disabling the mod the way it's described in readme fixes the stuttering, so my save is safe, which is nice.

I have like 30-40 mods enabled, with 6 factions, so I can provide the list or more info if you want.

If I had to guess there's something with the notifications that is causing the game to stutter, or a possible conflict with another mod that runs a periodic script on the campaign layer.  If you want to continue using the mod in the interim, can you try the following: in the mod's settings.json, set overDPNotificationInterval to a high number (e.g. 600, 99999) and see if you still encounter consistent stuttering.  You may want to make a separate test copy of your save just in case.

Island

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2022, 08:45:53 AM »

If I had to guess there's something with the notifications that is causing the game to stutter, or a possible conflict with another mod that runs a periodic script on the campaign layer.  If you want to continue using the mod in the interim, can you try the following: in the mod's settings.json, set overDPNotificationInterval to a high number (e.g. 600, 99999) and see if you still encounter consistent stuttering.  You may want to make a separate test copy of your save just in case.

Changing overDPNotificationInterval to 600 didn't fix it.
But now you mentioned it, I have Second Wave Option enabled, so maybe its SlowCR/Iliad/Odyssey mode is somehow interfering with this mod.

Johnpaul078

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2022, 11:26:04 AM »

Hello running into a problem because of running this mod, but not caused by this mod.  So i am fielding a large fleet of destroyers and frigates.  But if i get into a large battle i can only recover a maximum of 30 ships.  I have looked for a work around but everything i look up addresses the recovery issue in vanilla if you have 30 ships in your fleet you cant recover.  Not the fact that there seems to be a hard cap on 30 recovery slots.

I ran into this in one run where I was spamming Diable frigates, but it didn't occur to me to change the handling.  I'll have to dig into the code to see where post-battle recovery is being handled, and what would be involved in changing the max number of ships that can be salvaged.

I was hoping someone had already ran into the issue and had a work around  Was not trying to make extra work for you  But if there is an easy solution that would be amazing.  Even if it just prioritized larger or more expensive ships.  Or if there was someway to make them all derelicts if not recoverable.  Either way thanks for looking into it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 11:28:20 AM by Johnpaul078 »

Chozo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2022, 04:58:17 AM »

I was hoping someone had already ran into the issue and had a work around  Was not trying to make extra work for you  But if there is an easy solution that would be amazing.  Even if it just prioritized larger or more expensive ships.  Or if there was someway to make them all derelicts if not recoverable.  Either way thanks for looking into it.

-The max number of recoverable ships is hardcoded, so I'm thinking of a way to raise the limit without brute forcing it if possible.

-The game's post-battle recovery logic gives higher weighting to more valuable ships, so if you hit the salvage cap those ships will be prioritized.

Surgeol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2022, 03:03:26 AM »

I like idea of this mod, could I post your mod to Chineses starsector forum? I'll keep the original link and author name.

Chozo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2022, 06:43:52 AM »

I like idea of this mod, could I post your mod to Chineses starsector forum? I'll keep the original link and author name.

That's fine, though I would need to make some changes to make the mod translation-friendly if that is an issue.

Jaime-wolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2022, 08:51:54 PM »

Can this mod be added mid game or does it require a restart?

Chozo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2022, 08:54:16 PM »

Can this mod be added mid game or does it require a restart?

No issues if added midgame, but there are a few steps in the README if you need to disable it afterwards.

Szass Tam

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2022, 12:33:58 AM »

-"Potential implementation for NPC fleets"

Sorry for asking it again but...
How far are u to implement this?

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2022, 09:40:28 AM »

Seem to have a dead link for the mod.

blackrave404

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2022, 12:13:24 AM »

AKSHUALLY it's still a problem, since Alpha Radiant is 240 points, while max auto ship points are 120, meaning that max combat readiness of said Alpha Radiant is 40% due to being 120 points overboard.
Would be great if we could adjust automated ship points like we can with overall fleet size (at least I didn't find where I can adjust it)
Because I would like to field at least one Alpha Radiant at full CR, since I like the Radiant class
I mean that's OP *** REDACTED are fielding and I would love to outbullshit them with even more OP design lol
I like this mod, but inability to adjust automated ship points tempts me to disable it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5