Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [0.97a] Fleet Size By DP  (Read 136944 times)

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Fleet Size By DP
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2022, 12:22:44 AM »

**EDIT**  Correction, it shows as triple, quadruple, etc on the fleet composition data, but doesn't actually add the multiplier to the above 'All Ships' total.  Pardon my confusion.  So more of a display quirk, less of an actual DP problem.

AKSHUALLY it's still a problem, since Alpha Radiant is 240 points, while max auto ship points are 120, meaning that max combat readiness of said Alpha Radiant is 40% due to being 120 points overboard.
Would be great if we could adjust automated ship points like we can with overall fleet size (at least I didn't find where I can adjust it)
Because I would like to field at least one Alpha Radiant at full CR, since I like the Radiant class
I mean that's OP *** REDACTED are fielding and I would love to outbullshit them with even more OP design lol
I like this mod, but inability to adjust automated ship points tempts me to disable it.

I think I found a solution to that and posted it on the previous page:
Spoiler
Changing my QC skill settings to this let me get my Radiant to 60% readiness at least:

Spoiler
#Automated Ships
   "QC_USE_AUTOMATED_LIMITS":false,
   "QC_USE_AUTOMATED_LIMIT_LINEAR_SCALING":true, #Mostly benign plans, implemented
   "QC_USE_AUTOMATED_LIMIT_DYNAMIC_SCALING":false, #Evil plans, unimplemented
   "QC_AUTOMATED_POINTS_THRESHOLD":70, #If limits are enabled but scaling is not, limit = this
   "QC_AUTOMATED_POINTS_THRESHOLD_DIVISOR":5, # If linear scaling enabled, limit = Battlesize / this
   "QC_AUTOMATED_MAX_CR":80, #The maximum CR that an AI ship can reach. Does not affect fleet limit.
[close]
Not perfect, but at least the ship is functional now... kinda fuzzy on what all that did, but whatever works.
[close]
You can also start using 'Better Deserved S-Mods', it makes the Efficiency Overhaul mod give +20% max combat readiness when built-in. That'd bring that forty percent up to sixty even without altering the numbers.

blackrave404

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2022, 12:59:42 AM »

I think I found a solution to that and posted it on the previous page:
Spoiler
Changing my QC skill settings to this let me get my Radiant to 60% readiness at least:

Spoiler
#Automated Ships
   "QC_USE_AUTOMATED_LIMITS":false,
   "QC_USE_AUTOMATED_LIMIT_LINEAR_SCALING":true, #Mostly benign plans, implemented
   "QC_USE_AUTOMATED_LIMIT_DYNAMIC_SCALING":false, #Evil plans, unimplemented
   "QC_AUTOMATED_POINTS_THRESHOLD":70, #If limits are enabled but scaling is not, limit = this
   "QC_AUTOMATED_POINTS_THRESHOLD_DIVISOR":5, # If linear scaling enabled, limit = Battlesize / this
   "QC_AUTOMATED_MAX_CR":80, #The maximum CR that an AI ship can reach. Does not affect fleet limit.
[close]
Not perfect, but at least the ship is functional now... kinda fuzzy on what all that did, but whatever works.
[close]
You can also start using 'Better Deserved S-Mods', it makes the Efficiency Overhaul mod give +20% max combat readiness when built-in. That'd bring that forty percent up to sixty even without altering the numbers.

Ok, as temp solution, but I would still prefer if next mod update would include option for adjustment or flat 1/6th of max fleet points (since in vanilla max autoships are set to 5/30 if I remember correctly- it's been a while)
Because disabling this mod would return me to the world where Salvage Gantry takes same fleet space as Paragon and that's... painful.

Chozo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2022, 01:47:38 PM »

There are mods that modify how automated ship points work: I would suggest looking into those mods to see if they provide what you're looking for.  I'm probably not going to include any significant changes to automated ships in this mod for a couple reasons:

1. The DP multiplier is calculated for the purposes of the Automated Ships skill and its readiness penalty, not its actual in-battle DP cost: last I checked the multiplier shouldn't be getting applied to the overall fleet score, so a Radiant should count as 60 DP for max fleet size regardless of core installed (barring things like Derelict Contingent, etc.)

2. Since there are a few mods that already affect Automated Ships (either the scaling or player skill itself) I don't think there's much value in reinventing the wheel, plus keeping the scope of the mod limited helps avoid potential conflicts with those same mods.

blackrave404

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2022, 11:17:16 PM »

There are mods that modify how automated ship points work: I would suggest looking into those mods to see if they provide what you're looking for.  I'm probably not going to include any significant changes to automated ships in this mod for a couple reasons:

1. The DP multiplier is calculated for the purposes of the Automated Ships skill and its readiness penalty, not its actual in-battle DP cost: last I checked the multiplier shouldn't be getting applied to the overall fleet score, so a Radiant should count as 60 DP for max fleet size regardless of core installed (barring things like Derelict Contingent, etc.)

2. Since there are a few mods that already affect Automated Ships (either the scaling or player skill itself) I don't think there's much value in reinventing the wheel, plus keeping the scope of the mod limited helps avoid potential conflicts with those same mods.

Thanks will take a look at that mod

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2022, 07:44:57 PM »

I think the scaling for being over the DP allowance should be tweaked slightly.  I noticed if you're say 2DP over it's a 20% penalty, but if you're like 50 it's maybe like 30%.  Should probably be the other way around I think, starting off negligible and ramping up.

Tynendir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2023, 09:43:31 AM »

Hello,

I need help.
I can't seem to be able to make the changed to the settings file apply to the game.
I wanted to drastically reduce (or maybe eliminate) the penalty of being over DP but it doesn't seem to apply in game.
I've changed this line:
Spoiler
"maxShipsInPlayerFleetByDP":
[close]
I've drastically increased the number but no matter what I change my fleet is still over DP in game.
I've applied the change as requested to all the other mods that use the skills.csv file.

Any help?

Chozo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2023, 04:37:37 PM »

Initial update for v0.96.

Be advised that this is quick and dirty update: based on the update notes there shouldn't be any issues, but my current testing has been limited to "does not crash game on load/creating a new game" so caveat emptor if you are the sort of person who cannot live without your mods right after a new Starsector release.

Also added an option in the settings file to enable/disable the campaign level notification when over the DP limit.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 05:44:00 PM by Chozo »

Question2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC7] Fleet Size By DP
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2023, 01:24:17 AM »

Do you think you can make this exclude ships with no weapons? Its kind of annoying going above the 600 dp limit with unarmed supply ships, things like that.

SpaceshipCaptainYukari

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2023, 10:57:40 PM »

Will there going to be a Lunalib integration?
Do you think you can make this exclude ships with no weapons? Its kind of annoying going above the 600 dp limit with unarmed supply ships, things like that.
I think Vanilla sector also counts those ships against the ship limit.

Hasufel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2023, 12:05:05 AM »

Hello, thanks for that mod!

It's great at the begining of the game, but, is it possible to completely remove the slow penalty?
I don't see the point of it. I mean, it allready took lot more supply and a lot of crew to have more ships, i get that, but WHY TH F**** are they so much slower? That make absolutely no sense...
I understand why the limitation is the slowest ship of the fleet, that's ok, but why putting that non-sense penalty above it?

I tried to edit the .json, i tried to put the value to 1, to 0, to 0.1, to 1.1, even to -10, but nothing change, ever. My fleet still become a horrible and unplayable slug for absolutely no reason everytime i scavenge a ship...

Now i have less than 30 ships (just some big ones) and the mod became a handicap... (actually, i cap at 600 with 15 ships and the 16th make me regret to have installed this mod...)

I tried to uninstall it but my save doesn't want to start without it... Do you think there's a way to remove that non-sens penalty? (I mean, i could change the max DP from 600 to 9999 but that seem a bit unbalanced... XD) 

(EDIT: by the way this mod was amazing at start when i had a lot of small ships for bounty purpose, so thanks for that!^^')
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 12:17:05 AM by Hasufel »

TheSAguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2023, 01:50:57 PM »

Great Mod!
Please consider making this mod compatible with the Version checker that built into Nexerelin.

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2023, 03:42:44 PM »

I will never play Starsector without this until and unless it stops being updated, thanks for making it. I don't understand Alex' insistence on the 30-ship cap.

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2024, 07:54:15 AM »

I will never play Starsector without this until and unless it stops being updated, thanks for making it. I don't understand Alex' insistence on the 30-ship cap.

Agreed. I'm editing the modinfo for 0.97, let's see how it runs.

Chozo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2024, 10:07:01 AM »

Agreed. I'm editing the modinfo for 0.97, let's see how it runs.

Based on the patch notes I don't think anything was changed that would impact the mod's functionality, but the update caught me at an awkward time so I haven't been able to check for myself.  Definitely recommend using a dummy save you don't care about to test first just in case.

GoldenGlory

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2024, 04:43:49 PM »

it doesnt seem to work anymore, i have it installed and in the fleet screen i can see both the number of ships and the deployment points, and my fleet is being penalized at 31 ships with a total of 250 deployment points
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5