Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [0.97a] Fleet Size By DP  (Read 139658 times)

Chozo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Fleet Size By DP
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2021, 11:35:37 AM »

....The max readiness depends on the DP of any automated ship(s) in your fleet and their AI cores (if any): what are you running?
A Radiant with a fixed Alpha core. I think it's about 70 dp?

QC's Automated Ships limit scales based on your max battle size, but unless you're running a very large battle size you're probably over the skill limit and your max readiness is being reduced.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2021, 11:50:16 AM »

.... QC's Automated Ships limit scales based on your max battle size, but unless you're running a very large battle size you're probably over the skill limit and your max readiness is being reduced.
Battle Size is the maximum of 400, the slider just doesn't go higher.

Edit:

Changing my QC skill settings to this let me get my Radiant to 60% readiness at least:

Spoiler
#Automated Ships
   "QC_USE_AUTOMATED_LIMITS":false,
   "QC_USE_AUTOMATED_LIMIT_LINEAR_SCALING":true, #Mostly benign plans, implemented
   "QC_USE_AUTOMATED_LIMIT_DYNAMIC_SCALING":false, #Evil plans, unimplemented
   "QC_AUTOMATED_POINTS_THRESHOLD":70, #If limits are enabled but scaling is not, limit = this
   "QC_AUTOMATED_POINTS_THRESHOLD_DIVISOR":5, # If linear scaling enabled, limit = Battlesize / this
   "QC_AUTOMATED_MAX_CR":80, #The maximum CR that an AI ship can reach. Does not affect fleet limit.
[close]
Not perfect, but at least the ship is functional now... kinda fuzzy on what all that did, but whatever works.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 05:07:50 PM by Oni »

Space_Lettuce_OG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2021, 12:49:36 PM »

....The max readiness depends on the DP of any automated ship(s) in your fleet and their AI cores (if any): what are you running?

QC's Automated Ships limit scales based on your max battle size, but unless you're running a very large battle size you're probably over the skill limit and your max readiness is being reduced.

I don't use Quality Captains, but I do like to play with the Max Officer skill set to somewhere around 8-12, depending on what I'm up to, which is higher than vanilla.

Would this cause the same issue people using QC were having?

Chozo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2021, 01:13:33 PM »

I don't use Quality Captains, but I do like to play with the Max Officer skill set to somewhere around 8-12, depending on what I'm up to, which is higher than vanilla.

Would this cause the same issue people using QC were having?

QC's DP limit is based on battle size (e.g. the max number of DP both sides can deploy in a battle), not player fleet size.  Vanilla's Automated Ships skill is a flat 30 DP.  Your max officer limit and/or this mod should not impact the skill in either case.

Space_Lettuce_OG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2021, 01:59:09 PM »

Excellent! Thank you for this mod that I needed so badly! Makes flying with a mecha/gundam fleet a lot more viable late game.

Szass Tam

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2021, 02:42:18 AM »

If the Mod allready had this -> To Dos:

-"Potential implementation for NPC fleets"

How far are u to implement this?

Chozo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2021, 08:53:05 PM »

Quick and dirty update for 0.95.1a.

Updated the skill_data.csv file to match the new format in 0.95.1a.  I have not done any testing beyond confirming that the game doesn't crash on load: I don't suspect there will be any major issues, but since there is a new player skill that directly modifies ship DP costs I cannot say with 100% certainty until I have the opportunity to test more.  Probably save compatible, but realistically if you're playing modded you wrote off your previous saves after updating to the newest version.

If you are still on 0.95a, continue using the previous version (1.0.0): the download link for both versions are included in the OP for convenience.

If the Mod allready had this -> To Dos:

-"Potential implementation for NPC fleets"

How far are u to implement this?

Life things have prevented me from looking into this in any detail, and I suspect the implementation may have so little relation to the player-side code that I may end up splitting it into two separate mods if I do implement it.

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Fleet Size By DP
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2021, 05:18:19 PM »

Great mod.  This really sorted some issues for me.
--
No good deed goes unpunished.

dgchessman2

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2022, 10:03:19 PM »

I definitely prefer this to Vanilla behavior... but what about those Nav beacons??

ArbuzBudesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2022, 05:16:56 AM »

Yeah at this point i cant see myself without playing this mod. Allows to field more frigates\destroyers without feeling artifically punished.

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2022, 05:25:09 AM »

I'll do a classic condescending knows-nothing-but-says-it-all attitude :

How is this not an option in the base game ? Why o why are we limited to 30 ships flat when "ship" could mean a dingy or a yacht ?

Anyway I've been using this since the day it was born and I really can't go back now. Not after charging the Ludds with 20 Lashers while humming the "Charge of the valkyrie". Born to grill.

Thanks for a huge change in momentum and letting us roam free with the fleet of our dream. Supply, fuel and skills already limit our expansion enough for me. This was needed.

Chozo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2022, 06:50:34 PM »

I'll do a classic condescending knows-nothing-but-says-it-all attitude :

How is this not an option in the base game ? Why o why are we limited to 30 ships flat when "ship" could mean a dingy or a yacht ?

Because Alex generally makes a point of ensuring that if he lets you do something, he's tested and accounted for the edge cases (e.g. does the game explode if you try to deploy 200 Hounds at once?): there's a difference between making sure a feature works in the base game vs. the more "caveat emptor" world of modding.

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2022, 06:42:08 AM »

Because Alex generally makes a point of ensuring that if he lets you do something, he's tested and accounted for the edge cases
I know right ? From his blog posts and answers in the forum you can feel his dedication to testing the heck out of every little bit of his game. Pretty impressive in an age of botched QA and lying press releases.
does the game explode if you try to deploy 200 Hounds
Someone please tell me that's really a thing.

I think I remember their wasn't any limit on ships a couple updates back ? I could've sworn their was no hard cap before.
Whatever the case may be I like what you did. And it works like a charm : no engine explosion as of yet (sadly).

Johnpaul078

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2022, 12:20:07 PM »

Hello running into a problem because of running this mod, but not caused by this mod.  So i am fielding a large fleet of destroyers and frigates.  But if i get into a large battle i can only recover a maximum of 30 ships.  I have looked for a work around but everything i look up addresses the recovery issue in vanilla if you have 30 ships in your fleet you cant recover.  Not the fact that there seems to be a hard cap on 30 recovery slots.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5