Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Remnant fleets hostile despite faction reputation [Nexerlin, Second Wave Options  (Read 1240 times)

xescape

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello everyone,

I'm play a game where I'm trying to be friendly to the remnants through the faction quests from Midnight Dissonant in Prism. I've got the reputation to about +20. However, when I go into a high-danger system, some of the remnant fleets are hostile, while a few others are friendly. Meeting a hostile fleet would result in me having to fight them or use story point to disengage. Fighting them, however, would reset my remnant faction reputation, which misses the point of this playthrough. The story is also available in pictures: https://imgur.com/a/iRE3SSF

Any help in identifying why this is happening, and how to remedy/prevent is appreciated. I suspect the cause lies somewhere between Second Wave Options and Nexerelin? I've only added Second Wave Options in this playthrough, and I've previously been able to be friendly with remnants.

Thank you!

Installed mods:
Adjustable Automated Ships 1.0.0
Adjusted Sector 0.3.3
Console Commands 2021.4.10
Detailed Combat Results 5.1.2
High Tech Expansion 1.4.5
Industrial Evolution 2.2.f
LazyLib 2.6
MagicLib 0.34
Nexerelin 0.10.2c
Second Wave Options 0.6.5
Terraforming and Station Construction 7.1.3
Modified Industry Requirements

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

One of the things to note, is that their "defend this objective" orders take precedence over their relationship with you.

So if you salvage a derlict ship they're guarding, all the dormant drones will wake up and turn hostile.

Which kinda makes sense, primary objective and all that.

xescape

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I see, I didn't realize they had that kind of objectives. Thanks for the info!