Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: General Question  (Read 1288 times)

Drmzsz7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
General Question
« on: June 29, 2021, 06:58:09 PM »

First time posting, wasn't sure where to post to.
This is just a question in regards to if it's possible to reassign ships from my fleet for use by the ai faction. I know I can store them but can I give old ships for patrols, colony defense, etc?

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: General Question
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 08:35:15 PM »

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately no - ships that we put in storage are just in storage and we can't give them to anyone.

Drmzsz7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 10:20:48 PM »

That sucks, thanks for the reply.

Pratapon51

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 11:07:47 PM »

If only I could hand the Ziggy over to the patrol fleets...  ;D

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 07:21:28 AM »

Could there be a mod that offers up such a feat. Waiting for the genius minds of the forum modders

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 11:14:18 AM »

Hmmm its totally possible - check the market's storage section, check if it has a patrol base/specific building (if desired), create the fleet on a semi-recurring basis, if the ship is destroyed in the fleet, remove it from the inventory. For bonus points, make a new submarket instead of just using storage so that the player can store ships that they want to use later and that they want to go on patrol and die.

Just... those ships will get blown up at some point by the RNG of the autoresolve, most likely while the player isn't even in the system. I wouldn't trust any ship I actually want to use later to that kind of thing.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 01:05:59 PM »

I thought the issue was in keeping track of any individual ship when any given fleet stops existing.

Drmzsz7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2021, 10:05:11 AM »

It's more so all the ships that don't make the cut that I'd be giving for fleet defense. I mean when you first start a colony all your colony defense fleets are running ventures condors, Shepard's etc with d mods. Even my old throwaway enforcers would do better then those. I wouldn't mind never seeing those ships again. It's not like I'd give away collector ships until I was rich enough to actually do so. Would be nice to be able to do something with all those ships in storage though.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2021, 11:01:04 AM »

Could there be a mod that offers up such a feat. Waiting for the genius minds of the forum modders
The closest thing is Industrial Evolution's reverse engineering that lets you turn a bunch of identical ships into a blueprint to unlock production for them and thus have them appear in your fleets.