Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Planets descanning and empty over time  (Read 386 times)

peco5bi11

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Planets descanning and empty over time
« on: June 29, 2021, 01:51:24 AM »

Just a little something that happened to me in my most recent game that got me curious. I caught an early surveyor mission for a weapons cache in a nearby empty galaxy a bit outside the Core and managed to find an auric world when I got there. Did a survey on it (I had just enough supplies and fuel to get home after) and found a literal goldmine of a planet. Unfortunately, it was too early in the game to have the means of colonizing it. So I did a little quick mining and wrote the name and location down before heading back home.

About two hours and a couple in-game months later, I go looking through the planet directory and I can't even find another auric world. I root around for the card I wrote the name on and notice that the game marked that galaxy as unexplored with no planets surveyed. Weird and kinda concerning. So I head on back to see what's up. When I get there, the planet is marked as unsurveyed so now I start to worry. It's still the same type of world so I'm thinkin' it's just a weird fluke. I run a scan on it, and the whole thing is near useless now. All of the conditions, resources, and hazards are gone. It's just empty.

Started a new game the next day and tested this again and the same thing happened. This time, I made note of about half a dozen planets, several of which were vanilla types. After the same amount of time had passed (almost 1 in-game year), the earliest ones I discovered have become empty. Apparently, something in current version Vayra's Sector has been known to cause this so I tried the fix they suggested but no luck. Any of y'all ever have this happen before? Any way to prevent it from happening again?

The only mods I'm currently running that may effect sector generation are Nexerelin, Vayra's Sector, and Unknown Skies. All are the latest versions for 0.9.1a.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 03:48:39 AM by peco5bi11 »