Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [0.96a] Osiris Alliance v4.0.2  (Read 133863 times)

toopok4k3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Osiris Alliance v2.6
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2021, 12:38:53 PM »

Hey all, I believe the mod seems to work just as it is with the new game update 0.95.1. I won't bother with a quick update unless someone gets crashes.

I'll use some time to check some balance stuff and a bit new content before doing a true update.

I am hopelessly addicted to vanilla aesthetics, is there any way I can get Power Jinx R&D ships seperately?

I think you can start the game without the mod, then turn it on midway to get most of the PJ ships to spawn without the OA planets and faction. (The capitals don't spawn in markets tho as no other faction than OA has them available)

I have been thinking if it's worth to separate them to their own mod or not. I have received a few queries. I haven't made up my mind on this regard yet. Whatever I decide will take a lot of time to do and I'm not willing to guarantee anything coming soon in this regard. It should be pretty easy to break the ships apart to their own mod, if you know how the mod files work.

PeopleThief

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2022, 03:51:50 PM »

I think the Radiator Mk. 3 needs a nerf. Right now it provides 100 raiding power, despite being far cheaper and smaller than the vanilla basic raiding troop transport, the valkyrie. It is currently by far the most efficient source of ground support in my heavily modded game. A nerf to a custom weaker version that provides 40-45 raiding power would be far more reasonable.

NoTalkofLowTech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2022, 02:33:38 PM »

Hey all, I believe the mod seems to work just as it is with the new game update 0.95.1. I won't bother with a quick update unless someone gets crashes.

I'll use some time to check some balance stuff and a bit new content before doing a true update.

I am hopelessly addicted to vanilla aesthetics, is there any way I can get Power Jinx R&D ships seperately?

I think you can start the game without the mod, then turn it on midway to get most of the PJ ships to spawn without the OA planets and faction. (The capitals don't spawn in markets tho as no other faction than OA has them available)

I have been thinking if it's worth to separate them to their own mod or not. I have received a few queries. I haven't made up my mind on this regard yet. Whatever I decide will take a lot of time to do and I'm not willing to guarantee anything coming soon in this regard. It should be pretty easy to break the ships apart to their own mod, if you know how the mod files work.

I second seperating them out, the Osiris ships are interesting but not my personal aesthetic in gam, but the wedge ships look awesome and I want them. I will make a fleet of wedges lol

toopok4k3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Osiris Alliance v3.0.1
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2022, 09:32:09 PM »

Hi, download the latest version 3.0.1 from the original post

A ton has been changed. Have fun. I didn't touch the campaign stuff or AMEG that much. I'll probably focus on some campaign layer next.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Osiris Alliance v3.0.1
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2022, 02:37:44 AM »

With 3.0.1 I get pic related as a bug (2x pirates in enable/disable Nex factions at start). If I start the game it does not crash and pirates are listed just once, no further testing done. Pic is just Nex with the (e: for Nex) required libraries and Osiris Alliance 3.0.1.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 02:42:02 AM by Dadada »

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2022, 07:16:49 AM »

Wow, new sprites is something. Clear solid work.

toopok4k3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2022, 07:33:37 PM »

With 3.0.1 I get pic related as a bug (2x pirates in enable/disable Nex factions at start). If I start the game it does not crash and pirates are listed just once, no further testing done. Pic is just Nex with the (e: for Nex) required libraries and Osiris Alliance 3.0.1.

Hi, took me awhile to even figure out what screen this is in the Nex starting options. If this bothers you, try removing the "pirates" line from Osiris Alliance/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/mod_factions.csv file with a text editor and see if that helps, I only see Pirates once upon doing this.

For now, as it does not seem to crash/affect gameplay(please report this if it does) I won't bother doing a patch to fix this alone until I have other content or bug fixes to go along with it.

Ryo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2022, 12:24:59 AM »

Hi, i love this mods, ships look amazing and all
But what happened to the Lolslaught ??? (the anti matter onslaught)

It was the best ship in the game last time i played, that thing was stronger than a ziggurat, incredible damage, mobility and tankyness... I just gave it to my best lieutenant and he would wreck the battlefield while i'm chillin'

but now, AIs don't even attack with it ??
Imo the culprit in the new inbuild weapon, a charge weapon synergize well with the skill, and now it's conter intuitive with the skill, that might make the ai have trouble.
Anyway, they don't attack, always trying to replace with the skill, but without actually moving, in the end they don't dodge nor replace. Still without attacking
Sometimes they shoot like 0.1s before trying to move again, they can't even unload half of a needler/tachyon lance. Not even talking about using the new inbuild weapon....
Another possible culprit is safety override. maybe the IA don't get that he's out of range?

Anyway, this ship was very funny, unbalanced but incredible, and now it's pure torture to look at AIs having a stroke while trying to use it.
(maybe it's only me? maybe the mod mix make the AI crash? or the fact that i added it mid game?

The nerf was really tough
. -2 large slots
. -60 OP
. -10 top speed (countered by SO but..)
. extreme loss of CR durability
. Inbuild weapon from perfect synergy (charge weapon and time dilitation :) ) to AI scrambler (it really feels like they don't know what to do with it)
(. most of all, AI basically can't use the ship anymore, it went from 1vsUniverse to the only capital that can't beat 3 basic destroyers)

It's a lot !
TBH the nerfs are ok without the fact that the IA can't use it anymore. Just a bit hard to take. But these new inbuilt guns are SOOO painful, i hate them (and, well, is it still an onslaught, without the signature guns?)
In my hands the ship still works and is very strong even if it's far from what is was... but i don't want to use something that slow time, it's AI reserved to me.

Sorry it's not clear, i love the mod, but i'd really like to see the lolslaught work again !
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 03:18:45 AM by Ryo »

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2022, 12:51:45 AM »

Hi, took me awhile to even figure out what screen this is in the Nex starting options. If this bothers you, try removing the "pirates" line from Osiris Alliance/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/mod_factions.csv file with a text editor and see if that helps, I only see Pirates once upon doing this.

For now, as it does not seem to crash/affect gameplay(please report this if it does) I won't bother doing a patch to fix this alone until I have other content or bug fixes to go along with it.
Sry, I thought the screenshot with the short description would be enough, otherwise I'd have made a more detailed post/screenie. Splendid update btw :D Seems stable after 2 short test runs with the full mod list for one cycle...

toopok4k3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2022, 08:15:14 PM »

Sorry it's not clear, i love the mod, but i'd really like to see the lolslaught work again !

The changes came a few versions ago, last fall? Not in the 3.0.1 patch. So you're unfortunately pretty late with the feedback. I won't be reverting the changes, mainly as I think it was really silly and boring back then. Even after the nerfs, It's incredible strong and still a pain in the ass to fight against(with normal vanilla level ships). I understand the AI trouble, it's very valid concern, but I'm stuck with vanilla AI option for now (Until I can be arsed to write a system AI myself). The AI does not understand that by activating the ship system, the weapons get deactivated. So it keeps spamming the system even if in weapon range, until it has no uses left.

Ryo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2022, 10:40:28 PM »

Yep, i made a new Star Sector game, my last one was pretty old, so i'm late. It's the kind of game that i restart every year or so
(The only thing that i would actually like to see reverted are the inbuilt guns, but i get it)
It's strange, the AI didn't have trouble back then
Now that you say that, i've seen AIs having trouble with most of the ships using deactivating weapon skill

I don't know how the game order it, i suppose there are categories and subs for skills ; weapon buff, mobility, escape, defense...
Nothing close enough in the vanilla game?
It should be close to what the AI does while phasing, except there are collision
It would sorta work if they tried to use it like medusa's phase skimmer
Pretty sure i'm wrong

The strangest thing is that the AIs were really pixel perfect with it before, it was so fun to watch. Fast activation+strafe to dodge a burst, perfect replacement on the flank, burst and get out/to a new target, Ultra Instinct ship.
A part of the vanilla AI has been deleted? i really can't understand, it's not a step back it's a whole staircase
(i get that it's not your fault, but :'( )
I guess it may work in a future update

thanks for the answer !
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 10:51:19 PM by Ryo »

toopok4k3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Osiris Alliance v4.0.0
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2023, 06:43:35 AM »

Update v4.0.0 for Osiris Alliance has been posted

See the first post for download link and changelog.

Guardsmen83

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Osiris Alliance v4.0.2
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2023, 09:42:28 AM »

will this work for .95?

toopok4k3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2023, 10:29:19 AM »

"It should", no promises. Just try changing the game version to the 0.95 from the mod_info.json to get it to run.

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2023, 11:58:58 AM »

the non-nex starting capabilities are VERY very welcome, given how detailed it is!
Pages: 1 [2] 3