Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 0 stability alarm should go off as soon as it's ticking toward de-civilization  (Read 685 times)

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It's usually too late when the intel shows the planet is deteriorating. It should be an early warning instead of almost at point of no return.
I didn't have enough time to delete the pirate base that causes a -3 to save it. I feel bad for whoever was living there.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Agree, it feels like it's at most one month before deterioration. I guess it shows the warning as soon as the conditions for deterioration are met and after that it keeps rolling dice to see when exactly it happens?

Maybe even allow the player to pay for an unrest reduction even for NPC planets just in case a player wants to save a place? We don't have many other options to quickly increase stability for somebody else's planet.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

And selling commodities to end shortages and raise stability is a hassle too.  First, I need to amass enough of the needed commodity, then maybe change fleet composition to more freighters (possibly buying more on the spot if I do not have them), and finally sell the commodities at their Open Market - with 30% tariff - and probably taking a loss.  (Selling at Black Market does not count toward ending a shortage.)  Basically, I bleed money unnecessarily trying to patch up such a helpless yet treacherous core worlds.

I did that once for Kanta's Den, and it was a pain, then I learned later I did not need to do that because quest planets cannot decivilize before their quests are done, which I did not do yet at the time.

It would be nice if player can stabilize core worlds too.

Also, do something about the core worlds with Commerce, or Commerce itself.  -3 to their stability hurts them more than the player's colonies.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Also, do something about the core worlds with Commerce, or Commerce itself.  -3 to their stability hurts them more than the player's colonies.

I just came up with an idea that commerce penalty should scale with free port penalty.
Since most core worlds aren’t free port they don’t get the -3

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

The worlds that have stability problems have both Free Port and Commerce.