Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [0.95a] Arbworks ships. Pangolin class update.  (Read 9160 times)

Faeren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Arbworks ships
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2021, 02:22:11 AM »

Your sprites are absolutely magnificent, not planning a new run for a while but I am definitely firing up this mod for my next one, very keen to try the Convoy in particular, hope it's an option as a starter ship.

Pratapon51

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2021, 04:02:30 AM »

Trying this out in missions, ships feel pretty good.

I think you made a mistake with the Ludd's Wrath's DP cost, though; it's currently only 12 DP.  :o That might want a small bump!

ArbuzBudesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2021, 05:27:23 AM »

Wow no idea how that error slipped, i think might've edited it before the release since starliner mk2 also has 12. Intended value was i think 38. I will include the fix with other minor balance adjustments when i update the mod a little bit.

ArbuzBudesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2021, 12:39:22 PM »

A small update to ship pack. Includes some new ships.
Is it save compatible? I have no idea!

Pangolin. A military design optimized for relatively cheap mass production(for cruisers at least) and solid survivability. Has limited firepower in exchange.

Pangolin(P). While pirates really love to pilot pangolin, they find original layout too... cowardly. So they modified it have extra front firepower and modified shield generator to have a flux shunt, though at significant cost of shield arc and efficiency.

Shark(LP). This ship actually was already in the mod, but lacked variants to be spawned in the world. Pathers see no point in rear facing mount, so moved it in front, build in SO will make it go even faster, though ship loses all hybrids to ballistics.

Other balance changes
Yoni:
-Now is named Deadfish because people had problem with the name. ShipIDs are unchanged.
-Side and rear small mounts are now energy.
Shark:
-All small mounts are now ballistic
Highlander:
-All small mounts are now ballistic
Gimini, Tarsus, Starliner Mk2:
-Hull and armor values are adjusted to numbers suggested, though starliner armor stays original so it can perform its role without exploding.
Conquistador:
-Replaced most of small mounts with either energy or ballistic except nose mount.
Ludds wrath:
-Fixed DP
-upped crew requirements and capacity
-Large hardpoint is now composite
-adjusted arcs a bit

[close]

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Arbworks ships. Pangolin class update.
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2021, 12:54:48 PM »

Pangolin's sprite looks really cartoonish now, not matching the rest. I get a Genshin Impact vibe from both regular and pirate versions.

ArbuzBudesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2021, 01:12:34 PM »

Maybe i'm biased as a creator, but i don't see it, since i intended it to be simple to reinforce "cheap but reliable military" idea. No idea how anime gacha game is tied to it, then again i never played it :v

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2021, 01:19:31 PM »

It looks too... flat?
I think it could do with some more shadowing to give the illusion of depth.
Also, it looks nothing like a Sandslash.

ArbuzBudesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2021, 01:21:29 PM »

Hmm i guess i could've try to give it a bit more rounded feel with shading, i ll try it later on.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2021, 01:43:05 PM »

Flat and low colour contrast. It looks cartoonish on a laptop (IPS screen) but not too bad on a phone (OLED) until I crank up brightness. Perhaps try making your display brighter, and you may see what I mean.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2021, 09:42:54 PM »

Pangolin. A military design optimized for relatively cheap mass production(for cruisers at least) and solid survivability. Has limited firepower in exchange.

The Pangolin looks like the Magellan Protectorate style : https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21733

I added some burn & color to try to give a little more depth
[close]

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2021, 05:34:56 AM »

Pangolin's sprite looks really cartoonish now, not matching the rest. I get a Genshin Impact vibe from both regular and pirate versions.

no clue how you'd be reminded of Genshin Impact of all things, but I do agree that it looks a little plain compared to the other ships.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2021, 05:33:47 AM »

Heh, the Conquistador looks like a JRPG sword.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2021, 06:17:47 AM »

Hmm i guess i could've try to give it a bit more rounded feel with shading, i ll try it later on.
Especially the bridge: It looks like it's painted on, rather than a raised section.

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2021, 10:32:02 PM »

You might want to check the uh, flux dissipation of that one two-medium ship, the Headache? It's flux dissipation is worse than even civilian frigates. Also, last I checked the Ludd's Wrath only costed like 70k credits to make and was in the low tech pool of knowledge, so I saw Hege fleets w/ it.

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2021, 01:20:16 PM »

The Pangolin looks like the Magellan Protectorate style : https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21733

I added some burn & color to try to give a little more depth
[close]

That is beautiful.
Pages: 1 [2] 3