Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Weird station loadouts.  (Read 1217 times)

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
Weird station loadouts.
« on: June 25, 2021, 01:18:05 PM »

I built a hi tech station and it has 100% mining blasters. Uhhhh what? I have some mods installed. Any idea how this is? Or a way to make custom load outs?

Kanil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Weird station loadouts.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 01:29:47 PM »

Your stations arm themselves using the weapons you have blueprints for, and the player only starts with mining lasers and blasters for energy weapons.

If you get some new weapon blueprints and prioritize them, your station will refit it's weapons accordingly.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 03:57:03 PM »

Ohhh interesting. Now I just have to wait to get attacked again haha

halloween20

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 06:51:37 AM »

Your stations arm themselves using the weapons you have blueprints for, and the player only starts with mining lasers and blasters for energy weapons.

If you get some new weapon blueprints and prioritize them, your station will refit it's weapons accordingly.

uhm...
is there any way of knowing what they have fit until you join a battle with them?

Pratapon51

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 07:52:28 AM »

Unfortunately not. You also cannot manually alter their loadouts, which is both a code limitation and by design.

Drone_Fragger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2021, 01:18:42 AM »

Mining blaster only stations aren’t totally useless mind - their range boosting mods work with them so their range isn’t ass, and they have deep flux pools so won’t overload instantly like most ships do. They also have a very high damage so can crack armour very easily.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 08:26:04 AM »

Unfortunately not. You also cannot manually alter their loadouts, which is both a code limitation and by design.

Code limitation is totally not true.
It’s mostly by design otherwise player station can get ridiculously good loadout, such as low tech having 14 infinite reload harpoon pods and full coverage shields.
All modules have 1000 OP making it possible to build unholy fits with nearly every hullmod installed.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 10:07:02 AM »

Ya the mining blasters did work, but it was just weird and it would be nice to have a variety.