Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thunder not able to attack small ship  (Read 386 times)

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Thunder not able to attack small ship
« on: June 23, 2021, 06:21:57 PM »

Sometimes they're stuck in a perfect circle and unable to aim at the target at all. Happen constantly on frigate.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Thunder not able to attack small ship
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 06:29:15 PM »

Thanks for the report! This actually depends on their combat readiness - with better target leading from higher CR, it doesn't happen. So I'm not sure I'd call this a bug, really - perhaps a more extreme impact than one might expect in that specific situation, but still a direct consequence of the mechanics in play here.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 07:45:01 PM »

Thanks for the report! This actually depends on their combat readiness - with better target leading from higher CR, it doesn't happen. So I'm not sure I'd call this a bug, really - perhaps a more extreme impact than one might expect in that specific situation, but still a direct consequence of the mechanics in play here.
I've tested this in mission sim where all ships are at 70% CR, so they're not under any form of degraded performance.
Also, it's not about target lead, but the maneuverability being insufficient for them to turn fast enough to aim at all. It's not even shooting.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 08:07:21 PM »

They do have a problem at 70% CR, and they don't appear to have a problem with it when their CR is at 100% (or, presumably, when target leading is boosted via skills). And, ah! I should mention that target leading also applies to where the fighters think the correct intercept point would be, not just for shooting, which is why they keep mis-judging how to move.