Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 272663 times)

Zerias

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5 A Storm is coming!
« Reply #495 on: July 07, 2022, 08:31:01 PM »

Okay, first off? Loving the lightning and the first super-synergy Xatrix. Started up a new run with this and a few other mods just to feel powerful, and this definitely satisfies. I got ludicrously lucky and found a derelict Paragon, two lightnings, and am up to 3 teslas with less than a quarter the sector explored. My flagship can now solo everything, including three Ordos at once and a Nexus. I actually had to max out my fleet size setting just so battles wouldn't drag on forever waiting for reinforcements. Two things I noticed about it that may be bugs: First, a storm that's still ongoing when the screen fades to black at end of combat will still be there killing when I next get into combat. Second, and less likely a bug, the tesla coil hullmod shows when I'm placing teslas in the mission refit screen from main menu (forlorn hope to be specific), but in campaign it seems to be invisible. I do still seem to get the effects though, I think.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 07, 2022, 09:11:30 PM »

Hi Mira,

I haven't been paying close attention to this mod, because it's frankly not my thing, but it's been brought to my attention that you've bashed some of your weapon sprites from mine without permission. I'd like you to remove and/or rework the offending sprites, please. We can make a list if you want, but I'm pretty sure you knew what you were doing when you did it. It's pretty blatant, too:

That's not the only one, but it's one of the more obvious ones. I'm happy to find an interim solution (because replacing art is time-consuming, and there's no reason your users should have to lose the mod entirely because of this), but I'd like my artwork removed.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 09:22:28 PM by Harmful Mechanic »

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 07, 2022, 10:09:15 PM »

Two things I noticed about it that may be bugs: First, a storm that's still ongoing when the screen fades to black at end of combat will still be there killing when I next get into combat. Second, and less likely a bug, the tesla coil hullmod shows when I'm placing teslas in the mission refit screen from main menu (forlorn hope to be specific), but in campaign it seems to be invisible. I do still seem to get the effects though, I think.

1- I am aware of the lingering storm bug, i will fix that with the next update
2- I don't know why the camping hullmod loadout doesn't update automatically, it didn't used to be like that with the previous version of Starsector, anyway the hullmod apply it's bonuses during combat and i know for a fact that it will be always present on the ship at that time, same as with the Reflective shield hullmod

I haven't been paying close attention to this mod, because it's frankly not my thing, but it's been brought to my attention that you've bashed some of your weapon sprites from mine without permission. I'd like you to remove and/or rework the offending sprites, please. We can make a list if you want, but I'm pretty sure you knew what you were doing when you did it. It's pretty blatant, too:

-My weapons are based on the skeletal design of 5-7 other weapons mixed and then fully re-colored to make a new original design, this process is done to every other weapon in this mod as i make sure to make each one look unique.

-While it's true i did take a look at your weapons when i made the Hyperlance i only used the "tail part" for it's design and forgot change it somehow, the rest of the weapon has nothing to do with any of your creations, give me an hour and i will remove it.

-
You've bashed some of your weapon sprites from mine without permission
Only the Weapon you referred to is based-off of a collection of weapons including 1 belonging to you and while one would argue that it looks vastly different to it's base materials i would still respect your request and change it until your work is out of the picture... literally.

-Thank you for showing me that you put the feelings of whoever messaged you trying to start something here over the benefit of this community, while i feel comfortable refusing your request and asking a modderator to decide the outcome due the sheer difference in both weapons, i am not going to do that as i respect you as a fellow modder.
~That being said, the next time you got a complain don't bring it directly to me, go to the moderators instead, i will settle with what they say.
^^

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 07, 2022, 10:32:21 PM »

-My weapons are based on the skeletal design of 5-7 other weapons mixed and then fully re-colored to make a new original design, this process is done to every other weapon in this mod as i make sure to make each one look unique.

-While it's true i did take a look at your weapons when i made the Hyperlance i only used the "tail part" for it's design and forgot change it somehow, the rest of the weapon has nothing to do with any of your creations, give me an hour and i will remove it.
Please remove everything you took without permission - my trail textures (ring and helix), the parts used in other weapons like the Lightning Storm or Lightspear; that means everything. If there needs to be another message because you only removed the one thing I mentioned, I will simply list everything I can find, with visual examples of where it was ripped out of my mods.

You've bashed some of your weapon sprites from mine without permission
Only the Weapon you referred to is based-off of a collection of weapons including 1 belonging to you and while one would argue that it looks vastly different to it's base materials i would still respect your request and change it until your work is out of the picture... literally.
Good. Please remove all of it, completely - not just the one weapon in the one image I posted. I'm being as clear as possible so there's no confusion.

-Thank you for showing me that you put the feelings of whoever messaged you trying to start something here over the benefit of this community, while i feel comfortable refusing your request and asking a modderator to decide the outcome due the sheer difference in both weapons, i am not going to do that as
I have no idea if it was an attempt to 'start something' - someone asked me if I did those sprites, I said no, they mentioned you were using my art, that's it. I made a polite forum post asking you to knock it off.

i respect you as a fellow modder.
No, you don't - you just thought you could take whatever you wanted, and now you're angry you got found out. That's a lot of things, but it's not respect.

~That being said, the next time you got a complain don't bring it directly to me, go to the moderators instead, i will settle with what they say.
Oh, I'll let them know.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 10:38:59 PM by Harmful Mechanic »

tron359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 07, 2022, 10:33:07 PM »

I'm experiencing an issue with your download link while using firefox, it is indicating: The page isn’t redirecting properly

Update: I can download it if I use a different browser, currently using Edge instead.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 10:43:06 PM by tron359 »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 07, 2022, 11:41:20 PM »

Hi Mira Lendin, Harmful Mechanic's mods include a no derivatives license. Please remove the sprites that were made from their work.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 08, 2022, 12:04:30 AM »

Hi Mira Lendin, Harmful Mechanic's mods include a no derivatives license. Please remove the sprites that were made from their work.
My mod doesn't use any "sprites" from Harmful Mechanic, only 'a part' of one weapon i had was based-on one of his, and i just patched it.
If he got any other complains then i would like to see the (s) in "sprites.
^^

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!
« Reply #502 on: July 08, 2022, 12:16:26 AM »

Those are derivative works, as they are derived from Harmful Mechanic's works. We respect the copyright of mod authors (and its just plain rude to copy someone's work without permission) so please patch asap.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 08, 2022, 12:17:26 AM »

Please remove everything you took without permission - my trail textures (ring and helix), the parts used in other weapons like the Lightning Storm or Lightspear; that means everything. If there needs to be another message because you only removed the one thing I mentioned, I will simply list everything I can find, with visual examples of where it was ripped out of my mods.
-

-Your mod is licensed under "Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License" so even if we assum i reused your textures without any changes (untrue) the license strictly mentions that " You may Share, copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, (The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms)", If the moderators deems that the textures are too similar, i can credit you until i change them again.
+Just because you made a "Ring" doesn't mean that nobody is allowed to make their own ring shape, same thing applies to 2 straight lines crossing each others.

-Lightning Storm, Lightspear, and ALL other weapons in this mod have Nothing to do with your sprits and works, feel free to pull-out anything.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 12:22:35 AM by Mira Lendin »
^^

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 08, 2022, 12:18:54 AM »

Those are derivative works, as they are derived from Harmful Mechanic's works. We respect the copyright of mod authors (and its just plain rude to copy someone's work without permission) so please patch asap.
Allow me to repeat myself, after the small change in 2.5b my mod has Nothing to do with Harmful Mechanic, there is nothing for me to remove.
^^

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 08, 2022, 12:27:17 AM »

-

-Your mod is licensed under "Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License" so even if we assum i reused your textures without any changes (untrue) the license strictly mentions that " You may Share, copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, (The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms)", If the moderators deems that the textures are too similar, i can credit you until i change them again.
+Just because you made a "Ring" doesn't mean that nobody is allowed to make their own ring shape, same thing applies to 2 straight lines crossing each others.

-Lightning Storm, Lightspear, and ALL other weapons in this mod have Nothing to do with your sprits and works, feel free to pull-out anything.

You might want to read what the license says in the section "under the following terms"...

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.4 The power of a thousand sun!
« Reply #506 on: July 08, 2022, 06:48:26 AM »

New Update!
Make sure to let me know about any bugs you might encounter.
Would you mind hosting the previous version, please?
Red Alert Lightning Storm voiceover gave me giggles but I'd rather not have that or the weapon in a space adventure game.
I meant any final previous version like 2.4b.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 08, 2022, 09:46:49 AM »

Here's your lightning storm side by side with DME's hybrid blaster.

Here is the definition of derivative work: "in which the Licensed Material is translated, altered, arranged, transformed, or otherwise modified in a manner requiring permission under the Copyright and Similar Rights held by the Licensor."

or, in simpler terms also used on the CC website: "If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 11:44:42 AM by Wispborne »
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 08, 2022, 11:38:29 AM »

While you're at it, could you do the same with the sprites you bashed from my stuff without asking? That terror launcher is clearly using bits of the Cascadia's launchers and one of the GH-style turrets.

You could've just asked, you know. I usually just give permission if people ask nice, even if I may think their mods suck.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 08, 2022, 01:18:44 PM »

Here's your lightning storm side by side with DME's hybrid blaster.

Here is the definition of derivative work: "in which the Licensed Material is translated, altered, arranged, transformed, or otherwise modified in a manner requiring permission under the Copyright and Similar Rights held by the Licensor."

or, in simpler terms also used on the CC website: "If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material."
Both turrets have nothing in common, in fact, i didn't even look at Harmful Mechanic's stuff when i made that turret, i hate to ruin your day but this is the actual source material for the Lightning Storm Generator:

re-Coloured pixel by pixel using 3D Paint

You shouldn't lie to get someone in trouble, because it will backfire on you at somepoint.
^^
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35