Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 272757 times)

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.4 The power of a thousand sun!
« Reply #450 on: June 14, 2022, 04:08:22 AM »

A Storm is coming!

Nice, Always a treat to find these.

Reminds me a little of the 'Sequenced Ion Artillery' from Hiigaran Descendants... have I been using a miniature super weapon as normal gear all this time?  :o

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 14, 2022, 04:22:06 AM »

Did i miss something? What is Tesla Coil?
Also i wonder if this even possible to leave 4k radius fast enough  :D
A Tesla Coil is a medium-sized Superweapon that acts as a PD solution and has some cool interactions with the Lightning Storm turret, it will be easier to attain than other Superweapons.
^^

envenger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 14, 2022, 05:18:50 AM »

I also have some issue with drops from slightly better tech mining, upgraded by story point. I got a few weapons for the first 2-3 cycles, then the drops stopped completely. Its been atleast 30 cycles, no new drops.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 14, 2022, 06:07:06 AM »

I also have some issue with drops from slightly better tech mining, upgraded by story point. I got a few weapons for the first 2-3 cycles, then the drops stopped completely. Its been atleast 30 cycles, no new drops.
That's because you didn't Alpha core the Facility.
^^

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 14, 2022, 01:43:07 PM »

Sugestion for future versions:

Create smaller weapons, for those that want to stick superweapons in superfrigates or superdestroyers :)

Like "Old Hyperion" with superweapons.

Or a small super missile that can fit in the "Excelsior".

Or superweapons that fit Arma Armatura strikecrafts :D

You can go "full anime" and stick a super rare prototype small weapon in  your unique Armaa mechs and end with a customized "ace" super mech :D

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 14, 2022, 03:20:10 PM »

Sugestion for future versions:

Create smaller weapons, for those that want to stick superweapons in superfrigates or superdestroyers :)

Like "Old Hyperion" with superweapons.

Or a small super missile that can fit in the "Excelsior".

Or superweapons that fit Arma Armatura strikecrafts :D

You can go "full anime" and stick a super rare prototype small weapon in  your unique Armaa mechs and end with a customized "ace" super mech :D
The topic is small Superweapons is something that has been discussed before, it's really hard to balance small Superweapons as they can be abused on bigger slots for higher efficiency + they can make fast ships with small mounts stronger than some capitals.
^^

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 14, 2022, 04:10:44 PM »

The topic is small Superweapons is something that has been discussed before, it's really hard to balance small Superweapons as they can be abused on bigger slots for higher efficiency + they can make fast ships with small mounts stronger than some capitals.

That is the whole point of it :D Why else stick a superweapon on a fragile thing like an Armaa strikecraft? Exactly because then you can go duel the Guardian or something... ;) You can make something like a tiny range weapon but that ignore shields, want to duel the guardian or a radiant using a frigate? You can, if you are courageous enough to somehow touch it to use your super-drill or laser sword or plasma torch, and hope its point defense won't murder you instantly ;)

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 14, 2022, 04:45:45 PM »

That is the whole point of it :D Why else stick a superweapon on a fragile thing like an Armaa strikecraft? Exactly because then you can go duel the Guardian or something... ;) You can make something like a tiny range weapon but that ignore shields, want to duel the guardian or a radiant using a frigate? You can, if you are courageous enough to somehow touch it to use your super-drill or laser sword or plasma torch, and hope its point defense won't murder you instantly ;)
The concept seems sounds fun but i can't see myself implementing it as i don't like close range weapons.
^^

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 14, 2022, 06:00:56 PM »

Sadly, I don't think there's a way to prevent a small weapon from fitting into a large slot... well, unless it's built into the ship.
Ship building however is most likely a bit out of the scope of this mod.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 14, 2022, 06:20:27 PM »

The easiest small superweapons to make:

weaker reaper that recharges.

super reaper that deals more damage.

normal reaper but with 3 ammo, but uses only 2 times the points to install.

reaper is already a "long range" weapon that fits in small slots and already is usedin vanilla as a sort of "risky" superweapon, with luddic path using it to great effect (and to my  annoyance when they kept isntakilling my cool supership flagship while I was busy in a duel with a capital ship... just half a second not paying attention, and there goes tiny luddic path ship shoving reaper in my rear :( )

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 14, 2022, 06:48:01 PM »

I will see what i can do regarding smaller Superweapons, but i can't promise anything.
Meanwhile, here are more spoilers for next update:

^^

Vexonite

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 16, 2022, 11:33:17 PM »

does this mod have any compatibility issue? with Nexerelin for example?

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 17, 2022, 07:43:40 AM »

does this mod have any compatibility issue? with Nexerelin for example?
no
^^

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 17, 2022, 12:57:04 PM »

I will see what i can do regarding smaller Superweapons, but i can't promise anything.

While this might not be a superweapon on its own, I think you already did a good job showing what a smaller superweapon could be like with the tesla coil - just something interesting and out of the box!

At the end of the day its about making something fun to play with, right?
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

jlrperkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 17, 2022, 01:30:53 PM »

Nice. I see it's a Medium Hybrid. Did you make it that way on purpose so people wouldn't just use it as a substitute for a Large Ballistic or Large Energy?

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35