Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 274960 times)

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.4 The power of a thousand sun!
« Reply #435 on: May 31, 2022, 10:55:31 PM »

Good day Mira!!
I have another suggestion for your mod :0
I've been thinking about your reflective shield generator being the only 'super-defence' superweapon and well, I was hoping you'd add this new one to help turn the tides of battle!

This one is another semi-defensive superweapon that would briefly turn your enemies against each other.
the way it works is that you'd have to hold it in order for it to generate a charge, the longer the charge, the further the area of effect, and once released it would discharge a forceful pulse/wave that briefly disables everything on hostile wings and ships, basically an overload, heck it could even be tendrils that slowly creep out of your ship and once released they would immediately tether to anything in range.

The fun part is that once the overload is finished, all their wings would permanently turn against them and basically turn into annoying cannon fodder, depleting everything they have until all they can do is buzz around and inevitably be destroyed (or if they're lucky, they'd still have a chance to return back to their carrier once override duration is finished), another thing is that all weapon systems of all affected ships are unable to use their ship systems, and would begin to continuously fire if nothing's in range, otherwise it will shoot at everything if it is within range, depleting their ammo or build up enough flux until they're overloaded again, and the duration for this varies by ship size, not weapon mount size (bcuz prolly easier for you to code  ;D) perhaps 1-2 seconds for frigates, and 7-8 seconds for capitals, but 9-10 seconds for wings. (oh those poor pilots...)

As phase ships, they wont be affected by the pulse/wave while they're phased, but when they DO get affected by the superweapon, they wouldn't be able to phase while the weapons override is still in effect.

To top it all off, it is incredibly effective for automated ships, there's a small percentage for you to convert them into allies (cannot be player-controlled unfortunately) instead of briefly making them turn against each other, let's say 5% chance to convert a Capitals, 15% for Cruisers, 30% for Destroyers, 75% for Frigates, and 100% for Wings.

The whole theme for this is sorta like 'Divide and Conquer' with a side of 'brainwashing' or 'overriding'

as for it's aesthetics, I was hoping it'd look remnant/derelict-ish or organic-looking, something like a metallic and fibrous brain, or like a shell housing some kind of hyper-advanced AI core.
Basically an EM Hack system, i like the idea!
^^

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 31, 2022, 10:57:16 PM »

Do you have Slightly better Tech mining mod installed ? also did you Alpha core the mining facility and story point it ?

I do have the mod installed and did all this on planet with Vast Ruins and still not getting any for 10+ cycles. Even increased the frequency in the drop_groups.csv (Slightly Better Techmining file) a 1000 times for superweapons - not a single one.
The only way I got 2 are from drops.
Ok just a quick question, did you enable "Slightly better Tech mining" mod in the game launcher after installing it ? sometimes i forget doing that, also did you change anything in Superweaposn tags ?
^^

Burminsky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 03, 2022, 11:36:54 AM »

I have a hunch that other mods break the drop rate of this weapon. I felt something was wrong (0 drop) when ~10% of the 360 systems left to explore (map with Adjusted Sector). It's a pity, but you have to add it through the console.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 03, 2022, 01:59:02 PM »

I have a hunch that other mods break the drop rate of this weapon. I felt something was wrong (0 drop) when ~10% of the 360 systems left to explore (map with Adjusted Sector). It's a pity, but you have to add it through the console.
Adjusted sector doesn't interfere with loot, it only modifies sector properties like size, system count and stations amount, what you find in these stations is generated instantaneously and is only decided by the entity file.
^^

VivaLozTioz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 05, 2022, 05:47:24 AM »

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but your bounty involving the hegemony and the Superweapon_Gauss_variant seems to be bugged, at least for me, since the Onslaughts (XIV) spawn without weapons in their large slots. Iirc they used to be fitted with these MX Gausscannons. Anyways great mod! :)

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 05, 2022, 08:16:30 AM »

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but your bounty involving the hegemony and the Superweapon_Gauss_variant seems to be bugged, at least for me, since the Onslaughts (XIV) spawn without weapons in their large slots. Iirc they used to be fitted with these MX Gausscannons. Anyways great mod! :)
Update magiclib to solve this.
^^

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 05, 2022, 10:42:24 AM »

You know, the one I've found was interesting. But is it possible to up their spawn rate? Or have them be sold for millions in Sitnalta? Over 3 games (i've explored the maps completely) i've found 1 superweapon, the plasma missiles....

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 05, 2022, 11:00:54 AM »

I have no idea how much work would be involved, but might I suggest quests to obtain some of the more common weapons? Just to further alleviate the RNG aspect.

Also so I can reliably get the reflector shield because it's bae.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 05, 2022, 11:26:18 AM »

I have no idea how much work would be involved, but might I suggest quests to obtain some of the more common weapons? Just to further alleviate the RNG aspect.

Also so I can reliably get the reflector shield because it's bae.
I have something planned for the future, it's exploration oriented, i just need to find time to implement it.
^^

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 07, 2022, 11:21:24 AM »

Just a quick clarification:
Superweapons rarity only applies to drops from exploration, mining however have an equal chance to drop any minable Superweapon.
1 more thing, The AoE damage dealt by the Blackhole generator is '5000' and not '50000', this is just a typo and will be fixed with next update.
^^

aurafort

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 11, 2022, 03:00:37 AM »

How Bad of an idea is it to give an AI-controlled ship a Blackhole Generator or a Supernova Launcher? (do some of the weapons have friendly-fire?)

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 11, 2022, 04:32:03 AM »

How Bad of an idea is it to give an AI-controlled ship a Blackhole Generator or a Supernova Launcher? (do some of the weapons have friendly-fire?)
It's not possible for AI to properly use these weapons unless you write custom code for it, it's not going to be easy tho.
^^

aurafort

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 11, 2022, 10:49:55 AM »

It's not possible for AI to properly use these weapons unless you write custom code for it, it's not going to be easy tho.

got it, might just give them the simple ones, as to not let them go rampant on enemies "and" allies  ;D

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 13, 2022, 04:13:53 PM »

A Storm is coming!

^^

Mordodrukow

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 14, 2022, 03:18:14 AM »

Did i miss something? What is Tesla Coil?

Also i wonder if this even possible to leave 4k radius fast enough  :D

Now i need this + black hole generator  :)
Spoiler
[close]
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35