Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 272854 times)

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.4 The power of a thousand sun!
« Reply #420 on: May 17, 2022, 06:20:28 PM »

New Update!
Make sure to let me know about any bugs you might encounter.
New weapon looks good, looking forward to trying it out... at some point haha.

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
  • Give more then you take.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 20, 2022, 01:10:26 PM »

I really do like your mod a bunch Mira but if I can run an idea by you; Mini-superweapons Mod - "Weaker prototype versions of rare super weapons but you can find blueprints to make more."

Think of them as low power versions. Some of the weapons are just.... really fun to use! Especially the NovaX and the Photon Lens. But the RNG means sometimes I don't get to see them and I'd be happy with a much less powerful version that has similar vibes!

Food for your thoughts. Is the update save compatible?
Bio engineering starship mods is extremely Safe. I did the math.

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 20, 2022, 01:15:51 PM »

I really do like your mod a bunch Mira but if I can run an idea by you; Mini-superweapons Mod - "Weaker prototype versions of rare super weapons but you can find blueprints to make more."

Seconded on this one. I really like the creativity and unique effects, but the sheer power level of them makes it kind of boring to actually use- get superweapon, use it, win. A version with "balanced" guns would be welcome.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 20, 2022, 01:52:37 PM »

Seconded on this one. I really like the creativity and unique effects, but the sheer power level of them makes it kind of boring to actually use- get superweapon, use it, win. A version with "balanced" guns would be welcome.
I am not good at balancing stuff since every person sees "balance" differently, that's why i don't bother trying to satisfy everyone, i just play with my mod on 24/7 and try to adjust things based on my experience (or unless a group of people pointed at the same thing).
Regarding Weaker prototype versions of rare Superweapons, the Photon lens for example has 450 dps at 38 OP cost, that's less efficient than a standard Plasma cannon coming with 750-dps at 30 OP, however it makes up for it with special ability which is not always useful depending on your/enemy fleet orientation and their weapons.
Almost every Superweapon is balanced around a specific downside, if you want less powerful weapons then you got many faction mods that adds your average weapons to the game, you can use these if Superweapon is not your thing.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 02:00:22 PM by Mira Lendin »
^^

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 20, 2022, 02:30:55 PM »

I am not good at balancing stuff since every person sees "balance" differently, that's why i don't bother trying to satisfy everyone, i just play with my mod on 24/7 and try to adjust things based on my experience (or unless a group of people pointed at the same thing).
Regarding Weaker prototype versions of rare Superweapons, the Photon lens for example has 450 dps at 38 OP cost, that's less efficient than a standard Plasma cannon coming with 750-dps at 30 OP, however it makes up for it with special ability which is not always useful depending on your/enemy fleet orientation and their weapons.
Almost every Superweapon is balanced around a specific downside, if you want less powerful weapons then you got many faction mods that adds your average weapons to the game, you can use these if Superweapon is not your thing.

Oh superweapons are 100% my thing, I just wanted to see weaker blueprint versions for some protection against bad RNG!  ;D

I of course say that on this current run where my very first research station gave me the BFG haha.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 20, 2022, 03:17:17 PM »

Try to find 1 or 2 planets with Vast ruins+ ,build a tech mining facility there, alpha core it and story point it, congratz, you will be getting lots of superweapons on regular basis
^^

Arckaeus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 22, 2022, 01:44:30 AM »

Hey, so i've gotten two of the superweapons, The Gauss Cannon and the plasma storm, However neither will fire, What mods does this clash with? and are there any pre requisites to fire them, because they're in the slots and i have the flux capacity, they just, won't fire

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 22, 2022, 05:23:52 AM »

Honestly, i see nothing "unbalanced" in this mod. You pay huge price to install and find this weapon - and all of them not "wunderwaffe", just mostly concentrate alfastrike weapon

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.3 Total Annihilation
« Reply #428 on: May 22, 2022, 05:26:54 AM »

Do you run Vayra's Sector, Bounties Expanded or Magiclib ? if not then it's normal that you don't see any of them around.

BE hasn't had HVB functionality for a while now, it got dropped like 5 mins after magicbounties got released.

(and for those who don't know how to get it, you can find BE in the unnoficial discord's mod updates channel from schaf-unschaf - it's currently not finished but it'll get a forum post when it is)
Oh i didn't know that, i also don't know if Magicbounty supports CSV format that were originally intended for VS and BE (i assumed it does but i might be wrong)

So, currently no bounties for syndicate weapons?

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 22, 2022, 01:10:59 PM »

Hey, so i've gotten two of the superweapons, The Gauss Cannon and the plasma storm, However neither will fire, What mods does this clash with? and are there any pre requisites to fire them, because they're in the slots and i have the flux capacity, they just, won't fire
Pay attention to flux requirements.
^^

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.3 Total Annihilation
« Reply #430 on: May 22, 2022, 01:44:44 PM »

So, currently no bounties for syndicate weapons?
I have big plans for the Syndicate, however these have to wait until i learn how to make good looking SS ships or find someone who is willing to sprite them for me (collaboration).
^^

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 27, 2022, 06:53:37 AM »

Try to find 1 or 2 planets with Vast ruins+ ,build a tech mining facility there, alpha core it and story point it, congratz, you will be getting lots of superweapons on regular basis

Hilariously, over the course of multiple runs, I've tried! I've only ever gotten one or two per run. Still its fine. :)

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 27, 2022, 08:24:49 AM »

Hilariously, over the course of multiple runs, I've tried! I've only ever gotten one or two per run. Still its fine. :)
Do you have Slightly better Tech mining mod installed ? also did you Alpha core the mining facility and story point it ?
^^

NGTV Eye-ris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 31, 2022, 10:05:31 AM »

Good day Mira!!
I have another suggestion for your mod :0
I've been thinking about your reflective shield generator being the only 'super-defence' superweapon and well, I was hoping you'd add this new one to help turn the tides of battle!

This one is another semi-defensive superweapon that would briefly turn your enemies against each other.
the way it works is that you'd have to hold it in order for it to generate a charge, the longer the charge, the further the area of effect, and once released it would discharge a forceful pulse/wave that briefly disables everything on hostile wings and ships, basically an overload, heck it could even be tendrils that slowly creep out of your ship and once released they would immediately tether to anything in range.

The fun part is that once the overload is finished, all their wings would permanently turn against them and basically turn into annoying cannon fodder, depleting everything they have until all they can do is buzz around and inevitably be destroyed (or if they're lucky, they'd still have a chance to return back to their carrier once override duration is finished), another thing is that all weapon systems of all affected ships are unable to use their ship systems, and would begin to continuously fire if nothing's in range, otherwise it will shoot at everything if it is within range, depleting their ammo or build up enough flux until they're overloaded again, and the duration for this varies by ship size, not weapon mount size (bcuz prolly easier for you to code  ;D) perhaps 1-2 seconds for frigates, and 7-8 seconds for capitals, but 9-10 seconds for wings. (oh those poor pilots...)

As phase ships, they wont be affected by the pulse/wave while they're phased, but when they DO get affected by the superweapon, they wouldn't be able to phase while the weapons override is still in effect.

To top it all off, it is incredibly effective for automated ships, there's a small percentage for you to convert them into allies (cannot be player-controlled unfortunately) instead of briefly making them turn against each other, let's say 5% chance to convert a Capitals, 15% for Cruisers, 30% for Destroyers, 75% for Frigates, and 100% for Wings.

The whole theme for this is sorta like 'Divide and Conquer' with a side of 'brainwashing' or 'overriding'

as for it's aesthetics, I was hoping it'd look remnant/derelict-ish or organic-looking, something like a metallic and fibrous brain, or like a shell housing some kind of hyper-advanced AI core.

Bambucci

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 31, 2022, 12:34:20 PM »

Do you have Slightly better Tech mining mod installed ? also did you Alpha core the mining facility and story point it ?

I do have the mod installed and did all this on planet with Vast Ruins and still not getting any for 10+ cycles. Even increased the frequency in the drop_groups.csv (Slightly Better Techmining file) a 1000 times for superweapons - not a single one.
The only way I got 2 are from drops.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 12:36:57 PM by Bambucci »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35