Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 275211 times)

Omnicast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.2d Grand Update
« Reply #375 on: April 12, 2022, 11:32:40 PM »

I would like to request Superweapons... on a smaller scale. Medium and small slots please. Thanks!  ;D

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 13, 2022, 09:15:35 AM »

I would like to request Superweapons... on a smaller scale. Medium and small slots please. Thanks!  ;D
This has been discussed before, it goes against the word "super" in Superweapons and it can be abused on bigger slots for higher efficiency, although it's not entirely off the table.
^^

EvilWaffleThing

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 13, 2022, 03:51:39 PM »

Is there any way to modify the weapons so they can all be found from tech mining?
I would also like to modify their rarity as I have played entire runs without seeing one.
Tech mining gives you 1 Superweapon per 3 tech mining facilities every 3 months, this is very common, being able to mine weapons like the cluster torpedo and the Blackhole generator from there is broken.

I have a lot more than 3 facilities and I've seen two weapons the entire run. Both of them LRMs but that was likely random.
I've already searched 90% of the sector so relying on weapon caches isn't viable, nor is the bounty mission as those are, in and of themselves, fairly rare and weapons aren't even guaranteed. I'd have to play for actual weeks before seeing another SW and there is no guarantee it wouldn't be another LRM. I understand you want them to be rare but as it stands I've played a whole run without seeing any except the LRM.
What I want is to be able to reliably find at least one of each weapon with reasonable effort. The current rarity, at least for me, isn't allowing that so I'd like to mod the files for my save to make them all findable via tech-mining and decrease the rarity slightly.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 13, 2022, 04:01:14 PM »

I have a lot more than 3 facilities and I've seen two weapons the entire run. Both of them LRMs but that was likely random.
I've already searched 90% of the sector so relying on weapon caches isn't viable, nor is the bounty mission as those are, in and of themselves, fairly rare and weapons aren't even guaranteed. I'd have to play for actual weeks before seeing another SW and there is no guarantee it wouldn't be another LRM. I understand you want them to be rare but as it stands I've played a whole run without seeing any except the LRM.
What I want is to be able to reliably find at least one of each weapon with reasonable effort. The current rarity, at least for me, isn't allowing that so I'd like to mod the files for my save to make them all findable via tech-mining and decrease the rarity slightly.
That's impossible, doing all 4 bounties alone should give you at least 5-8 Superweapons with a chance to get 1 Blackhole generator and 2 reflective shields.
^^

EvilWaffleThing

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 13, 2022, 04:08:38 PM »

That's impossible, doing all 4 bounties alone should give you at least 5-8 Superweapons with a chance to get 1 Blackhole generator and 2 reflective shields.
Perhaps I don't have the bounties available then. I see the OP states that requires Vayra's Sector or Bounties Expanded. I'm not playing Vayra's and I don't even see Bounties Expanded in the mod index. If I can't even do the repeatable that might explain why I'm not getting weapons from bounties.
Which files would I need to edit to alter the drop rate and enable tech mining? There doesn't seem to be an option in the config.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 13, 2022, 04:19:24 PM »

-I was told that if you have MagicLib you will get the bounties to spawn.
-The outcomes of tech mining isn't handled by my mod, it's in "Slightly better Tech-Mining", even if you set legendary weapons to drop from it you won't be getting more more Superweapons overall as it doesn't impact their drop rates.
^^

EvilWaffleThing

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 13, 2022, 04:27:19 PM »

-I was told that if you have MagicLib you will get the bounties to spawn.
-The outcomes of tech mining isn't handled by my mod, it's in "Slightly better Tech-Mining", even if you set legendary weapons to drop from it you won't be getting more more Superweapons overall as it doesn't impact their drop rates.
I assume the giant hegemony fleet was one of the SW bounties and no SWs dropped from that fight. I haven't been able to find more than that one and I don't know if it's repeatable or not.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 13, 2022, 04:56:54 PM »

It's simple, if you spot a fleet using Superweapons then it's Superweapons Arsenal specific bounty, there are 4 unique bounties in this mod with more to come.
^^

EvilWaffleThing

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 13, 2022, 05:03:46 PM »

It's simple, if you spot a fleet using Superweapons then it's Superweapons Arsenal specific bounty, there are 4 unique bounties in this mod with more to come.
Well having only seen one it's kind of hard to tell what is a superweapon.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 13, 2022, 07:03:56 PM »

Well having only seen one it's kind of hard to tell what is a superweapon.
Go to the missions tab, select a ship with large mounts, there you can see every weapon in the game, most weapons above 30 OP points are Superweapons.
^^

Omnicast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 13, 2022, 09:53:40 PM »

Oh well +1 to whomever suggested it before. Thanks for letting me know.

I just thought it'd be really cool to slap on an OPed weapon onto a tiny ship and wreck larger fleets.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.3 Total Annihilation
« Reply #386 on: April 15, 2022, 01:28:04 PM »

Hello everyone!
I have been busy with life in the past months but i found some spare time to make a new Superweapon, i know that i have promised more ballistic weapons but this one has been on my mind for a while, as always, make sure to delete your old mod file before downloading the new one.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 02:12:40 PM by Mira Lendin »
^^

Superharem

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 16, 2022, 06:56:28 AM »

I like the Annihilator. Plus the sound effect's very badass.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 16, 2022, 12:14:40 PM »

I like the Annihilator. Plus the sound effect's very badass.
Thank you!
I am still not sure about the numbers, i might tweak them later.
^^

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 17, 2022, 06:12:24 AM »

May I ask your permission to translate your  ' Superweapons Arsenal ' into chineses ? then (maybe) upload to a Chinese forum,sure,it's free for everyone
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35