Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 272859 times)

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.2d Grand Update
« Reply #360 on: March 31, 2022, 01:40:54 AM »

I keep getting a crash on launch saying that Zagur Glow or something like that is missing.  I assume it's a gun.
There is nothing in my mod with such name.
^^

NGTV Eye-ris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 31, 2022, 07:23:12 AM »

would it be alright if I suggested some superweapons of my own?
of so, would there be a criteria I should be aware of?

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 31, 2022, 03:25:00 PM »

would it be alright if I suggested some superweapons of my own?
of so, would there be a criteria I should be aware of?
Just drop your ideas here, no requirements or anything, i am just busy with life and stuff these days so don't expect any new weapons soon.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 07:24:28 PM by Mira Lendin »
^^

NGTV Eye-ris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 03, 2022, 06:18:03 AM »

Just drop your ideas here, no requirements or anything, i am just busy with life and stuff these days so don't expect any new weapons soon.
Thanks! I thought about this just last week and the concept is slightly similar to the Rift Cascade and Cryoflamer but combined.

-- idea --
The way this superweapon would work is that it would shoot out a slow stream of fire (taken from cryoflamer), and the nearer a target is, the higher the chances of "rifts of fire" that would literally engulf a ship (taken from rift cascade).

-- projectile effect/s --
Initial impact from the fiery stream deals high explosive damage (and applies a debuff) and consecutive impacts from trail projectiles slowly spawn these Energy damage orbs/blobs of burning residue which slowly surrounds the ship.

-- superweapon debuff --
The amount these orbs/blobs that spawn proportionally scale with either of the ships':
Max Flux Level, Mass, Size, Cargo Capacity, and Armor.
(OR you can probably think of any other scaling debuff that suits the weapon)
Military ships are guaranteed to suffer at least (1/2/3/4 ; depending on hull size) of these orb/blob multipliers.
(civilian ships have a certain percentage of not being affected by these modifiers, regardless of hull size)
(1/2/3/4) debuffs would increase the chances of additional blobs spawning by (1.5x ; 2x ; 2.5x ; 3x).

-- a little bit of lore --
This weapon was an experimental concept for a core-cracking project that would revert any form of planet back to its primordial state. The idea was for the prototype device to bore straight through the planet's core and engulfing it in superheated [REDACTED] chemicals that proliferate rapidly when in contact with its target matter, slowly eating up a planet from the inside out. The testing phase, however, was a huge failure, when it was found that the device had been sabotaged by an operative from [somethingsomewheresomehow] and disrupted its ability to bore through the planet's crust. This resulted in the chemicals blanketing the entire planet in mere hours until the mantle was rendered inhospitable due to the intense heat and radiation exuded by the ultra-volatile chemical. Unfortunately, by the time reports from the experiment arrived to the higher-ups, the team have been severely punished and exiled. A plan was instead been set to motion, as years passed by, what's left of the team who have the knowledge to build and operate the device have now gathered their equipment and supplies to repurpose the device's blueprint into a deadly weapon capable of planetary destruction.

TL,DR; nerds tasked to develop device capable of reverting planets to their earlier stages of development, but it gets tampered with by another (sneakier) nerd from [who knows where] and the other nerds are punished and bummed out, so the decided to repurpose it into a big shooty-gun for some mysterious ppl.

PS: I'd prolly call this "Edax Ignis" (devouring fire), and honestly, I'm terrible when it comes to making lore and descriptions, so I encourage anyone to whip up any cool backstory they can come up with for this.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 06:19:59 AM by AkoSiLJ »

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 03, 2022, 11:00:08 AM »

I love the idea, i was planning on having a fire weapon at some point with a DoT debuff, maybe not the next Superweapon but the one after it.
^^

ER137

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 07, 2022, 06:53:45 AM »

I like the mod, but i have to use console command to get the weapon. I RESEARCHED ALL SITES IN ALL MY 5 SAVES AND DIDN'T GET EVEN 1 SUPER WEAPON, Like i have never mount the mod. Spending time exploring is fun, but sepending time search for sth that may never exist is a torment. Could u make sth like a small story line or pub event to help player to get them? It is too hard to get them now.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 07, 2022, 08:36:07 AM »

I like the mod, but i have to use console command to get the weapon. I RESEARCHED ALL SITES IN ALL MY 5 SAVES AND DIDN'T GET EVEN 1 SUPER WEAPON, Like i have never mount the mod. Spending time exploring is fun, but sepending time search for sth that may never exist is a torment. Could u make sth like a small story line or pub event to help player to get them? It is too hard to get them now.
-You can get Superweapons from specific bounty missions that spawns if you have either (Magic bounties / Vayra Sector / Bounties expanded)
-You can get Superweapons by Tech minning planets with Vast or extensive ruins if you have (Slightly Better Tech-Mining) installed
The drop rate of Superweapons isn't that low, assuming you are using any version above 2.2
^^

ER137

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 07, 2022, 08:47:00 AM »

-You can get Superweapons from specific bounty missions that spawns if you have either (Magic bounties / Vayra Sector / Bounties expanded)
-You can get Superweapons by Tech minning planets with Vast or extensive ruins if you have (Slightly Better Tech-Mining) installed
The drop rate of Superweapons isn't that low, assuming you are using any version above 2.2
-I'm sure i do, and i'm doing mining right now, i've waiting tech minning here for 5 years(game time)that means 60times and still no any super weapon apper.
-And there's another question, what kind of mission i may met in magic bounties that could obtain them?
I have no idea why i can't get even one of them, i've done whatever i could,but i still can't obtain any except from console(this is really annoying because i don't really want to do so)

ER137

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 07, 2022, 08:51:01 AM »

I'm sure i've done all exploring in all my 5 saves, that meas at least 150-200 sites and no weapon dropping, i don't actually know what's wrong but i want to ask could it because of using too many mods at same time?

ER137

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 07, 2022, 08:59:28 AM »

I'd like to reiterate that concern. I've been running three Vast tech-mining planets (all SP-upgraded and alpha-cored) for several years and still have yet to see a superweapon to drop. Mira says some of them are made to be as common as a tachyon lance and those 7 pristine nanoforges that I'm looking at are definately less common than the lances.
RNG does not favor me this time.
Edit: oh, two prisitine nanoforges in a single month. Great catch!
Somebody is facing the same problem, it seem there's sth wrong, there weapons seem so much harder to get than their drop rate that was told

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 07, 2022, 12:11:10 PM »

Personally, while its very hard to get a targeted superweapon, I am getting drops in line with their rarity (Rare more than Exotic, more than Mythic, etc)
Do you have other mods enabled that may be overwriting drop priority of weapons? I'm using about 34 mods and while i've found bugs this doesn't seem to be one yet.

BladedQueen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 07, 2022, 01:00:27 PM »

Some of these audiovisual effects are supremely satisfying, like the Light Spear Accelerator charging and then punching straight through a shield with chained explosions. The Tartarus LRM Launcher's massive payload is also a sight to behold. Great work, it's nice to feel rewarded for exploration/effort with moderately OP weapons on flagships.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 07, 2022, 02:00:04 PM »

There are no mods on this website that changes the drop rate of Superweapons, unless you have modified the weapons file yourself they should drop for you, just keep in mind that it's all luck.
Doing High value bounties and spamming tech mining facilities everywhere is a more deterministic way of getting them.
^^

EvilWaffleThing

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 12, 2022, 04:52:20 PM »

Is there any way to modify the weapons so they can all be found from tech mining?
I would also like to modify their rarity as I have played entire runs without seeing one.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 12, 2022, 07:59:07 PM »

Is there any way to modify the weapons so they can all be found from tech mining?
I would also like to modify their rarity as I have played entire runs without seeing one.
Tech mining gives you 1 Superweapon per 3 tech mining facilities every 3 months, this is very common, being able to mine weapons like the cluster torpedo and the Blackhole generator from there is broken.
^^
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35