Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 272852 times)

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.2c Grand Update
« Reply #300 on: February 12, 2022, 10:33:12 AM »

Only specific mounts can accommodate smaller weapons of the same type, specific mounts are: (Energy only / Ballistic only / Missile only), any mount which accepts 2 or more weapon types (like Hybrid) will only accommodate weapons of the same "Size" as the mount itself.
^^

Mikomikomiko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Kitbash album. Not a modder, just a bote maker :P
« Reply #301 on: February 12, 2022, 10:56:51 AM »

Only specific mounts can accommodate smaller weapons of the same type, specific mounts are: (Energy only / Ballistic only / Missile only), any mount which accepts 2 or more weapon types (like Hybrid) will only accommodate weapons of the same "Size" as the mount itself.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 12, 2022, 11:02:10 AM »

Thats a special case as both the weapon and the slot are hybrid, you won't be able to mount a medium energy or ballistic weapon in there.
^^

Mikomikomiko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 12, 2022, 05:07:54 PM »

That's why I made this post earlier

You can, but only by making them binary or universal slots.

This. Though weapons that are specifically binary that are 1 size class below will go into those slots.

Ex. A Large Hybrid slot will accommodate Large Ballistic and Large Energy weapons, but not Medium Ballistic and Medium Energy weapons.

BUT it will accept Medium Hybrid weapons.

Question now is if this is intended. For another thread maybe? Might derail this thread

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 12, 2022, 05:46:31 PM »

The problem still stands, if you have a large energy slot you can put medium energy weapons on it (as well as) medium hybrid weapons, so making a medium Superweapon hybrid is not going to fix the issue.
^^

Mikomikomiko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 12, 2022, 07:51:47 PM »

I know. That's why I said in 5 or 6 posts back that even if someone managed to find a way to stop mediums from being mounted in a matching large, this act will probably affect all large slots in response to the one asking for small / med supers

Enmenluana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 16, 2022, 03:07:43 PM »

The problem still stands, if you have a large energy slot you can put medium energy weapons on it (as well as) medium hybrid weapons, so making a medium Superweapon hybrid is not going to fix the issue.
I'm no expert on modding, but is there a way to increase OP cost depending on mount size? You could make it so medium superweapons would be very impractical to use on larger mounts because of the OP cost increasing to a higher level than the large superweapons.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 16, 2022, 04:22:09 PM »

I'm no expert on modding, but is there a way to increase OP cost depending on mount size? You could make it so medium superweapons would be very impractical to use on larger mounts because of the OP cost increasing to a higher level than the large superweapons.
I have seen hullmods that can manipulate OP cost of specific weapons, i am not sure if that can be done at weapon level.
^^

Enmenluana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 17, 2022, 01:21:31 AM »

I have seen hullmods that can manipulate OP cost of specific weapons, i am not sure if that can be done at weapon level.
So it would have to be a completely new thing? None of these options are gonna be easy are they? I wish you luck on this aggravating quest for medium superweapons.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 17, 2022, 02:30:55 AM »

thse hullmods use the large / med / small ballistic / energy / missile cost mod stats, but there's a weaponOPCostModifier listener that might be able to do what you want it to

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 17, 2022, 11:54:58 AM »

Going to throw this out there just because: I know that Seeker has an interesting thing with some weapons that cause disruptions and reduce flux dissipation when multiple are in use, so maybe you could do something similar to that if you wanted medium superweapons. Although in my opinion, medium "superweapons" wouldn't really be "super". They would just be strong and, well... Medium. Not big like a "super" weapon seems like it should be, especially considering the type of things that have to be done in vanilla to get weapons to work the way they do based on lore and whatnot. An example would be all the omega weapons. Those large mounts are rather large and that's still cutting edge omega core work, so medium weapons wouldn't make much sense that even compare to those even slightly. (granted even large weapons don't make much sense using the same logic, but it's fine if you just squint a little and mutter "domain tech" a few times...)

On a different note though, I am going to throw out a disclaimer that I am not calling for the weapon to be nerfed or changed in any way because my case is extremely rare and takes a considerable amount of time to replicate without the use of console commands. Anyway, I find that if you take a Conquest and load it down with 6 NovaX cannons with maximum flux dissipation and fire rate hullmods(like from More Hullmods), you can spew so much ordnance at everything in general, even outside your weapon range, nothing can kill you. Frigates never even get close. Even Paragons fall with enough spam. I even took out the Zigg untouched. It simply could not approach. Especially seeing as the shots are also extremely efficient at wiping fighters and missiles. So maybe the only viable Conquest is the one with all NovaX?
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 17, 2022, 12:38:39 PM »

On a different note though, I am going to throw out a disclaimer that I am not calling for the weapon to be nerfed or changed in any way because my case is extremely rare and takes a considerable amount of time to replicate without the use of console commands. Anyway, I find that if you take a Conquest and load it down with 6 NovaX cannons with maximum flux dissipation and fire rate hullmods(like from More Hullmods), you can spew so much ordnance at everything in general, even outside your weapon range, nothing can kill you. Frigates never even get close. Even Paragons fall with enough spam. I even took out the Zigg untouched. It simply could not approach. Especially seeing as the shots are also extremely efficient at wiping fighters and missiles. So maybe the only viable Conquest is the one with all NovaX?
In theory, you can make many deadly Superweapon builds with almost each and every one of them, the difficult part is acquiring the needed weapons for the build, this is the limiting factor here as getting 6 NovaX's is unlikely to happen in any playthrough.
^^

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 17, 2022, 08:26:33 PM »

In theory, you can make many deadly Superweapon builds with almost each and every one of them, the difficult part is acquiring the needed weapons for the build, this is the limiting factor here as getting 6 NovaX's is unlikely to happen in any playthrough.
That's why I said what I did in the disclaimer. As far as unlikely to happen, I find it just takes time since they can now be tech-mined. I set up 4-5 colonies with vast ruins and stalled my campaign out until I had that many NovaX just so I could see what would happen. The main reason I wanted to use that one in particular is because the homing capabilities made it so all 6 could be firing on the target regardless of the ship orientation, unlike normal.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 21, 2022, 06:59:13 AM »

Good day.

Are there any plans to add new types of super weapons of the ballistic class? Energy and rocket models are excellent, but personally, in my opinion, there are somewhat fewer ballistic weapons.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 21, 2022, 08:33:21 AM »

Good day.

Are there any plans to add new types of super weapons of the ballistic class? Energy and rocket models are excellent, but personally, in my opinion, there are somewhat fewer ballistic weapons.
The next 2 Superweapons will be Ballistic only.
^^
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35