Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 272738 times)

anhkhoa3302

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.2c Grand Update
« Reply #285 on: February 07, 2022, 04:04:28 AM »

My game crash while I'm using NovaX to fight Zigg, here is the log, thanks you for your awesome mod !
Spoiler
242060 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.weapons.NovaXOnHitEffect.onHit(NovaXOnHitEffect.java:57)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Missile.notifyDealtDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.A.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
242097 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
242097 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
[close]
Did you update to the latest version ? are you using 2.2c ?
I'm using 2.2b
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 04:06:56 AM by anhkhoa3302 »

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 07, 2022, 04:27:24 AM »

I'm using 2.2b
That's why you got the crash, please update your mod.
^^

Wayne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 07, 2022, 09:56:41 PM »

Can I add this mid-game?

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 08, 2022, 05:54:48 AM »

have you thought about adding medium/small superweapons?

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 08, 2022, 06:18:23 AM »

Can I add this mid-game?
Yes you can.
^^

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 08, 2022, 06:20:30 AM »

It's hard making a small/medium Superweapon without making them better than weapons +1 size higher, i don't want people to spam their large mounts with medium sized Superweapons because they are more efficient, same thing applies to medium mounts, overall it will be hard to balance these around their dedicated mount size.
^^

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 08, 2022, 02:52:22 PM »

It's hard making a small/medium Superweapon without making them better than weapons +1 size higher, i don't want people to spam their large mounts with medium sized Superweapons because they are more efficient, same thing applies to medium mounts, overall it will be hard to balance these around their dedicated mount size.
... I wonder if you can build a weapon that is restricted to the size of the port it can use? As in a medium weapon, that can only be used in a medium slot? Same with small ones.

Mikomikomiko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Kitbash album. Not a modder, just a bote maker :P
« Reply #292 on: February 10, 2022, 04:55:53 AM »

From my meager knowledge making ships using only sf-ship-ed.3.0.0-alpha-10, you would probably need to modify each ship with a large slot to not accommodate a medium weapon to do that.  And this would result in ALL medium weapons being unable to fit in large mounts.  :-\

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 10, 2022, 05:45:05 AM »

From my meager knowledge making ships using only sf-ship-ed.3.0.0-alpha-10, you would probably need to modify each ship with a large slot to not accommodate a medium weapon to do that.  And this would result in ALL medium weapons being unable to fit in large mounts.  :-\
The problem remains inside the game, there is nothing stopping you from placing a medium energy weapon in a large energy mount.
^^

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 11, 2022, 01:22:17 AM »

Could you reverse tier numbers (it's only display thing, right?)? Vanilla uses tiers as well, from 0 (weakest / common) to 3 (strongest / elite), and you having it the other way round can be rather confusing. It's fine going above 3, just the order of counting is odd.

I am aware your display tiers are different to actual weapon tiers (as all your weapons are tier 3), but it's just about preserving logic / consistency. Perhaps you could even start from tier 4 (and maybe even use it in tier weapon column) to indicate these "extend" normal weapon rarity?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 01:25:08 AM by Jaghaimo »

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 11, 2022, 06:19:24 AM »

Could you reverse tier numbers (it's only display thing, right?)? Vanilla uses tiers as well, from 0 (weakest / common) to 3 (strongest / elite), and you having it the other way round can be rather confusing. It's fine going above 3, just the order of counting is odd.

I am aware your display tiers are different to actual weapon tiers (as all your weapons are tier 3), but it's just about preserving logic / consistency. Perhaps you could even start from tier 4 (and maybe even use it in tier weapon column) to indicate these "extend" normal weapon rarity?
Tiers in the weapon file are not related to actual weapon tier, they are .. something different.
I feel that 3 Tiers wouldn't be enough to categorize all Superweapons efficiently, as for tiering numbers i believe that T1 is used to represent the best category in most games and T5 for the worst (or whatever the highest number is).
^^

mechanicalFactory

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 11, 2022, 07:43:00 PM »

I love this mod! I always get the little spike of excitement from scavenging one of these weapons!

If you are taking weapon suggestions, what about a phased cruise missile launcher?
I know Scy Nation has a phase missile, but I was underwhelmed by its effectiveness for its cost to fit.

Mikomikomiko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 12, 2022, 04:09:47 AM »

The problem remains inside the game, there is nothing stopping you from placing a medium energy weapon in a large energy mount.

Really? I swear i remember having made ships with large slots that would not accept medium weapons. Lemme check

Mikomikomiko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 12, 2022, 07:28:35 AM »

You can, but only by making them binary or universal slots.

This. Though weapons that are specifically binary that are 1 size class below will go into those slots.

Ex. A Large Hybrid slot will accommodate Large Ballistic and Large Energy weapons, but not Medium Ballistic and Medium Energy weapons.

BUT it will accept Medium Hybrid weapons.

Question now is if this is intended. For another thread maybe? Might derail this thread
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 07:32:09 AM by Mikomikomiko »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35