Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 275194 times)

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.1a Super Flash
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2021, 08:10:28 AM »

You are mentioning the upsides of a Lance weapon while comparing it to a beam, well sure but the Tachyon Lance is not nearly half as good as the Fusion Beam against large capital ships with powerful shields, they will just dissipate the soft flux before you fire again, i'd say the Tachyon lance is more of a pick-off weapon, especially against ships of size cruiser and lower, you are not forced to use my weapon if you feel that it's underwhelming.
Regarding the Plasma Storm, I just tested your exact scenario, with/without a target and i didn't notice any plasma charge exploding around the ship, i need to be able to replicate the issue in-order to fix it.
^^

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 05, 2021, 05:07:15 PM »

i just realized what it was...

you know the mini asteroids on some battle maps, ye... apparently plasma storm just blows up on them

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2021, 05:40:12 PM »

you know the mini asteroids on some battle maps, ye... apparently plasma storm just blows up on them
All missile weapons blows up when they hit an asteroid
^^

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2021, 08:07:06 PM »

All missile weapons blows up when they hit an asteroid

most missiles dont just swirl around as a cluster around the ship they were fired from for 3-5 seconds

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2021, 11:29:43 AM »

most missiles dont just swirl around as a cluster around the ship they were fired from for 3-5 seconds
Consider it both a downside and an upside, the swirling effect can be useful for killing nasty fighters around your ship.
^^

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2021, 02:42:13 AM »

Consider it both a downside and an upside, the swirling effect can be useful for killing nasty fighters around your ship.

which would mean more blowing up in your face considering the massive explosion radius

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2021, 06:31:11 AM »

which would mean more blowing up in your face considering the massive explosion radius
That's the downside of the weapon, knowing when to fire is an crucial part when using most Superweapons.
^^

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.1b Super Flash
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2021, 01:15:44 PM »

I'm doing a play through with this mod and I wanted to tell you it's great.  It's nice to have stuff that changes up the usual meta and creates a lot of other interesting design choices, this mod has an outsized impact on the game for it's size.  So thanks!

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2021, 03:10:51 PM »

I'm doing a play through with this mod and I wanted to tell you it's great.  It's nice to have stuff that changes up the usual meta and creates a lot of other interesting design choices, this mod has an outsized impact on the game for it's size.  So thanks!
Yw! hope you enjoy the Superweapons.
^^

dcong89

• Ensign
  • Work Hard Play Hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2021, 03:14:10 AM »

-v2.1b

-Fixed a bug with the WM-70 Reflective shield causing it to reflect projectiles fired by weapons mounted on modules that are linked to your ship.

-Various code optimizations.

OMG ! thanks for the fix , i've posted this bug a while ago because i dont know which mods cause that.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2021, 06:13:09 AM »

-v2.1b

-Fixed a bug with the WM-70 Reflective shield causing it to reflect projectiles fired by weapons mounted on modules that are linked to your ship.

-Various code optimizations.

OMG ! thanks for the fix , i've posted this bug a while ago because i dont know which mods cause that.
This bug was tricky to find, i didn't even know it existed until i saw some guy piloting a moded Pandemonium with modules on YouTube.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 08:09:08 AM by Mira Lendin »
^^

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2021, 08:41:30 AM »

Hello, I've been trying out the weapons in this mod and I think most of the weapons could do without the "STRIKE" and "USE_VS_FRIGATES" hints in the weapon_data.csv file.

The presence of the "STRIKE"(without a corresponding "USE_VS_FRIGATES") tag can even make some cruisers/destroyers oddly toothless against opposing frigates given the OP tradeoff from mounting an expensive superweapons generally meaning it's other weapons tend to be more anemic/left empty. This let's frigates relentlessly bully ships that would in actuality just delete them, especially since many of these weapons have fairly high projectile velocities, making them actually pretty decent at hitting frigates, but the AI/autofire will refuse to even use these weapons against them because of the "STRIKE" tag.

Even the presence of both tags (allowing the AI to fire it at all ships except fighters) can be unnecessary on weapons like the Supercharged Fusion Beam and the Hyperpulse Repeater. Both are actually straight up effective at deleting incoming frigates and fighters, as they are either a rapid-fire or constant beam weapon with high projectile/beam velocities, allowing them to unerringly target frigates or fighters without any risk of "wasting" a shot on a fighter that long cooldown burst beams/projectile weapons might have. The Fusion Beam especially since that can't even miss unlike the hyperpulse repeater.

Even the plasma storm is effective against fighters and frigates given it's homing + re-target capable projectiles, but the AI straight up won't fire it at them because of the strike tag. This one does have a high flux cost per "shot" given it's barrage nature, but even then I'd personally rather a ship fired and be fluxed out but having killed some enemy frigates or fighters over sitting there and refusing to defend itself.

I think the presence of both the "STRIKE, USE_VS_FRIGATES" tag combo could potentially be useful on the really slow firing non-AoE weapons like the devastator lance (with it's 24 seconds refire delay + self-damage detriment) to not waste a shot on 1 or 2 fighters. The weapons with 8-10 seconds re-fire delays are a bit more dubious, since they don't lose out quite as much from having "wasted" a shot on fighters so could do with both tags or neither. Since ships will still prioritize shooting at their main target (ie. other frigates, destroyers, cruisers or capitals) unless there is nothing in that weapon's range/arc, the risk of "wasted" shots on fighters even without the tags are still relatively minimal outside of maybe the initial approach.

The slow firing but AoE weapons like the Phalanx and BFG are also a bit debatable about the usage of the tags, since they are fairly effective at deleting incoming wings of fighters, but would be rather wasted on a solitary fighter off in a corner. Personally, I think they both don't need the tags since the Phalanx with a re-fire of only 10 seconds loses less from a wasted shot and can wipe whole wings of fighters on a hit; while the BFG although having a 30 second re-fire delay, is absolutely monstrous against fighters and can potentially delete an entire opposing fighter force in a single shot.
(The Phalanx currently only has the "USE_VS_FRIGATES" tag without the "STRIKE" tag, which at least to my understanding doesn't do anything on it's own? Since the "USE_VS_FRIGATES" tag is meant to work with the "STRIKE" tag to un-restrict the weapon from targeting frigates, but without a corresponding "STRIKE" tag to restrict targeting frigates and fighters in the first place, the weapon would already be able to target frigates by default)

Then there's the Black Hole Generator with it's massive re-fire delay of 70 seconds + massive friendly-fire capable AoE..... I admit, I straight up don't trust the AI to use that weapon so I've never given it to an allied ship :P.

But apart from ammo limited non-homing weapons like the Terror MRM, I feel that none of the weapons should have just the "STRIKE" tag given the behavior that causes against enemy frigates. (Not sure about the Cluster Torpedo since that weapon seems special)

Mind you, I'm not claiming to be an expert or anything, but that's just my personal opinion on it so feel free to ignore it if you disagree. Hope I don't sound too negative, I am enjoying the cool weapons/modules you've added.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 08:44:24 AM by Bulldog »

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2021, 10:27:20 AM »

Hello, I've been trying out the weapons in this mod and I think most of the weapons could do without the "STRIKE" and "USE_VS_FRIGATES" hints in the weapon_data.csv file.

The presence of the "STRIKE"(without a corres....
Thank you for your feedback, i am well aware that most Superweapons needs tag revision, so far i spent my free time expanding the Superweapons arsenal and fixed their many bugs along the way, i got a big update coming with balance to every weapon with it's stats, drop rates, tags, price value, and even category system to rank them and make it easier to identify how rare some of them are.
^^

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2021, 10:45:55 AM »

Cheers, and thanks again for sharing your work with us!

Mordodrukow

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2021, 10:54:56 AM »

Is this mod up to date? Started RC5 playthrough, found Plasma Storm, but it refuses to shoot. My flux cap is big enough, so, i cant find out whats the problem.
Spoiler
[close]
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35