Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 275809 times)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Fair enough. How are they restricted from being sold on markets? Is it just via not being "known" to any faction?

Could you explicitly add "no_sell" tags to your weapons please? Mostly for other mod integration. What the tag does, it skips those weapons when submarket gets populated. So even if someone adds it to known weapons (say via console commands), it will still not show for sale.

See package com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.ids:
Code
	public static final String WING_NO_SELL = "no_sell";
public static final String WEAPON_NO_SELL = "no_sell"; // not for sale at markets
public static final String NO_SELL = "no_sell"; // not for sale at markets

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile

Fair enough. How are they restricted from being sold on markets? Is it just via not being "known" to any faction?

Could you explicitly add "no_sell" tags to your weapons please? Mostly for other mod integration. What the tag does, it skips those weapons when submarket gets populated. So even if someone adds it to known weapons (say via console commands), it will still not show for sale.

See package com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.ids:
Code
	public static final String WING_NO_SELL = "no_sell";
public static final String WEAPON_NO_SELL = "no_sell"; // not for sale at markets
public static final String NO_SELL = "no_sell"; // not for sale at markets
Will add it, should be there with the next update.
^^

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile

@Mira Lendin
I thought you should know that my mod below uses 6 different Superweapons! (modified tho) Obviously, your mod is required for it.

Magnetar!! : The Mission

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile

@Mira Lendin
I thought you should know that my mod below uses 6 different Superweapons! (modified tho) Obviously, your mod is required for it.
That's one scary ship i wouldn't want to go up against hehe, sure i don't mind, feel free to use my weapons for whatever project you have in mind, just make sure to credit me if you have decided to re-use some of my code on something new.
^^

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile

@Mira Lendin
That's one scary ship i wouldn't want to go up against hehe, sure i don't mind, feel free to use my weapons for whatever project you have in mind, just make sure to credit me if you have decided to re-use some of my code on something new.
I didn't copy your code. I made your mod a prerequisite to my mod. Nobody can use mine alone without crashing because it depends on your code. I did re-skin one of the weapons to honor the sprite artist. I also messed with weapons_csv numbers to balance the thing but it wasn't about your code.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 01:39:19 PM by IonDragonX »

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Thanks for the hard work and update! :)

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile

Thanks for the hard work and update! :)
Thank you ^^
^^

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.1 Super Flash
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2021, 11:10:53 AM »

Are there any versions of SWA that are compatible with 0.95a and don't require GraphicsLib?

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.1 Super Flash
« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2021, 12:28:20 PM »

Are there any versions of SWA that are compatible with 0.95a and don't require GraphicsLib?
I need GraphicsLib Ripple Distortion Shader for many of my weapon effects, it's not possible to run this mod without it.
^^

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.1a Super Flash
« Reply #204 on: December 04, 2021, 12:55:55 PM »

you might want to take another look at the tartarus missile launcher...
cause its really, REALLY not that good XD

the missiles are super slow, get shot down super easily, do barely any damage, and have an UNGODLY reload time

the beam weapon too (the one that has this electricity effect on its beam, i forgot the name, its the one that only flux taxes you if you hit anything other than shields, not the lance, the acutal beam) kind of needs a look at too

love the plasma storm tho, but have a question about it, is it intended that it does ff if the projectile hits things close or on the ship (like fighters or debris)?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 01:03:46 PM by Maethendias »

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 04, 2021, 02:01:31 PM »

the missiles are super slow, get shot down super easily, do barely any damage, and have an UNGODLY reload time
The Tartarus is based on the Trebuchet (From Ship & Weapon pack) and is designed to be a better replacement for it, at 2500 (+30%) damage per torpedo this thing is 3x times more powerful, has 1000+ range, and 50% increased magazine size at only +8 extra OP cost, also quite broken when used in numbers, i see no reason to buff it as it's already the best long range missile in the game.

the beam weapon too (the one that has this electricity effect on its beam, i forgot the name, its the one that only flux taxes you if you hit anything other than shields, not the lance, the acutal beam) kind of needs a look at too
If you are talking about the Overcharged Fusion beam then know that it has the highest dps in the game (including modverse), people kept telling me that it's broken and i had to nerf it's range, twice, it's incredibly powerful especially with the new energy weapon mastery, it's only drawback is high flux cost which limits it's usage to high tech ships.

love the plasma storm tho, but have a question about it, is it intended that it does ff if the projectile hits things close or on the ship (like fighters or debris)?
Yes, it's intended.
^^

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 04, 2021, 03:15:34 PM »

The Tartarus is based on the Trebuchet (From Ship & Weapon pack) and is designed to be a better replacement for it, at 2500 (+30%) damage per torpedo this thing is 3x times more powerful, has 1000+ range, and 50% increased magazine size at only +8 extra OP cost, also quite broken when used in numbers, i see no reason to buff it as it's already the best long range missile in the game.

If you are talking about the Overcharged Fusion beam then know that it has the highest dps in the game (including modverse), people kept telling me that it's broken and i had to nerf it's range, twice, it's incredibly powerful especially with the new energy weapon mastery, it's only drawback is high flux cost which limits it's usage to high tech ships.

Yes, it's intended.

i mean, hurricane exists, and i doubt one could acutally "spam" them considering how rare superweapons in general are, and specific ones in... well, specific

eh, by the time i acutally got in range to use the beam most of the time my actual weapons would have dealt way more damage anyways... so eh?

is the plasma storm weapon supposed to hit your own missiles too tho? cause i noticed that it hit alot of my micro missile launchers (diablo avionics) whenever they would launch and thus end up blowing up my flanks

edit, either its hitting micro missiles/magic boxes, OR the super redacted pd is able to hit the plasma storms... that could be it too

i dont know what it is, but something is reliably blowing up the plasma storms on my flanks
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 03:19:54 PM by Maethendias »

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 04, 2021, 03:22:13 PM »

nvm, i just realized it happens just randomly for some reason, no missiles fired, no enemy fighters or debris close to me at all... no systems used

does the plasma storm just blow up randomly in your face?

also, the tachyon lance does twice the damage of the supercharged fusion beam costing 500 flux per second compared to 2000 flux p second... so like, ye wtf were they talking about XD
unless im missing something critical about it, dont think its actually good
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 03:42:12 PM by Maethendias »

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 04, 2021, 04:05:56 PM »

nvm, i just realized it happens just randomly for some reason, no missiles fired, no enemy fighters or debris close to me at all... no systems used

also, the tachyon lance does twice the damage of the supercharged fusion beam costing 500 flux per second compared to 2000 flux p second... so like, ye wtf were they talking about XD
-The Tach Lance deals 3000+ burst damage and then requires some time to reload, the Supercharged Fusion beam deals consistent 1200 damage every second, it ends up dealing 4 times the damage of the Tachyon lance overall.
-The Plasma Storm projectiles are considered missiles "hence the tooltip" while their damage is only affected by modifiers to energy weapon damage, everything else about them is missile based, from the fact that they can hit other missiles all the way to being shut down by PD weapons, and no they are not supposed to blow up in your face, they probably hit an enemy fighter flying around your ship and caused splash damage to hit you in the process.
^^

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 04, 2021, 04:40:17 PM »

-The Tach Lance deals 3000+ burst damage and then requires some time to reload, the Supercharged Fusion beam deals consistent 1200 damage every second, it ends up dealing 4 times the damage of the Tachyon lance overall.
-The Plasma Storm projectiles are considered missiles "hence the tooltip" while their damage is only affected by modifiers to energy weapon damage, everything else about them is missile based, from the fact that they can hit other missiles all the way to being shut down by PD weapons, and no they are not supposed to blow up in your face, they probably hit an enemy fighter flying around your ship and caused splash damage to hit you in the process.

1, the taychon lance does burst damage, the reason why lances are so much superior to beams, regardless of soft or hardflux, and ships who are acutally able to utilize those big energy weapons (especially in the case of hyper flux costly weapons like tachyon or the aformentioned beam) usually arent able to keep the beam on the target, since most of said ships are acutally really slow, leading to the enemy target just flying out of range, venting, and coming back. the exact thing happens with the fusion beam. this is the reason why beams just dont work or are just outfluxed anyways

2, like i said, i watched them blow up without any targets even close to my ship, OR enemies able to pd them down (even then, the pandemonium is a very clunky ship, it would be VERY difficult for any ship to get close enough to acutally shoot them down with pd during the whole "swirl around the ship" phase of the plasma storm)... again, it happens VERY reliably, and ALWAYS at hte same places (see the picture, the plasma storm always blows up next to the 2 sides of the ship wielding the magicbox pd), so like i said, either it blows up prematurely, OR is targetable by your own pd

not to mention, if they WOULD have been shot down by pd... wouldnt they just... be shot down instead of exploding?

maybe just remove the annoying spin they do before acutally launching ?

GOD this pic is so big lmfao
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 04:56:58 PM by Maethendias »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35