Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 275404 times)

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile

I'm a bit confused about some of the comments/updates with this mod in terms of the bounties.
1) The ships in the bounties don't seem to exist (no ship_data.csv/xml file).  Are there plans on making custom ships for the bounties?
2) People keep mentioning this "Bounties Expanded" mod but I can't find this anywhere.  Can someone provide a link?
1) Quite a lot of ships are created through variants, even degraded ships in vanilla, which you won't find in ship_data.csv for obvious reasons. Since I don't know your ultimate goal I can only point out that your current logic follows a false assumption, i.e. all ships are listed in the csv file.

Spoiler
thanx for this great mod.
Can anyone post a link for latest bounties expanded MOD?
im on discord but seems im too stupid to figure out where to go there to find it
thanx again
[close]
2) It is literally on this page, dude.

The_White_Falcon

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm a bit confused about some of the comments/updates with this mod in terms of the bounties.
1) The ships in the bounties don't seem to exist (no ship_data.csv/xml file).  Are there plans on making custom ships for the bounties?
2) People keep mentioning this "Bounties Expanded" mod but I can't find this anywhere.  Can someone provide a link?
1) Quite a lot of ships are created through variants, even degraded ships in vanilla, which you won't find in ship_data.csv for obvious reasons. Since I don't know your ultimate goal I can only point out that your current logic follows a false assumption, i.e. all ships are listed in the csv file.

Spoiler
thanx for this great mod.
Can anyone post a link for latest bounties expanded MOD?
im on discord but seems im too stupid to figure out where to go there to find it
thanx again
[close]
2) It is literally on this page, dude.

1) The ship_data file was me hoping to see what the ships stats (and more importantly, what they look like through the data files) were.  If it was a base variant with superweapons attached, then I can see why there isn't a ship_data file.
2) I honestly don't know how I didn't see that, thanks for the link/pointing it out.

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Not the biggest fan of the 50% additional slash to the droprate of Superweapons, even with the 3 HVBs available. While I'd get perhaps, two or three superweapons per playthrough, I've gotten a grand total of none despite doing a lot of exploring.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile

Not the biggest fan of the 50% additional slash to the droprate of Superweapons, even with the 3 HVBs available. While I'd get perhaps, two or three superweapons per playthrough, I've gotten a grand total of none despite doing a lot of exploring.
Don't worry, more HVB will be added soon, also the 50% slice to drop rate came right after i increased all the values by 400% (for testing purposes), right now most Superweapons are 2 times rarer than the Tachyon Lance which i believe is a good rarity.
^^

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Just got done with the HVBs for the super weapons. I don't know what to think of the recover rate. I don't often use the MX Gauss Cannon, but that's the one that I was able to recover 5 from. Not too terribly bothered that I was only able to recover 1 Tartarus LRM since I found 2 when exploring anyway. However, it was bothersome when I couldn't get any Devastator Lances or the shield things. Only got 1 Plasma storm.

Anyway, that's just how my luck went. The bounties were still very welcome, but somewhat challenging. Looking forward to seeing more.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Please make a PD weapon for a future update! Thank you so much! Love your mod!
I got 1 planned, not sure about the implementation.

Hooray! So excited for this! Cheers!

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile

Just got done with the HVBs for the super weapons. I don't know what to think of the recover rate. I don't often use the MX Gauss Cannon, but that's the one that I was able to recover 5 from. Not too terribly bothered that I was only able to recover 1 Tartarus LRM since I found 2 when exploring anyway. However, it was bothersome when I couldn't get any Devastator Lances or the shield things. Only got 1 Plasma storm.

Anyway, that's just how my luck went. The bounties were still very welcome, but somewhat challenging. Looking forward to seeing more.
Recovery is random, it's unaffected by rarity as far as i understand.
Edit: what do you think about the HVB fleet size ?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 05:37:35 PM by Mira Lendin »
^^

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Recovery is random, it's unaffected by rarity as far as i understand.
Edit: what do you think about the HVB fleet size ?

Fleet size is pretty on-par with the other HVBs(which is to say a bigger fleet than you can get without costing yourself a ton). I did notice that they tended to stick to vanilla ships though, which isn't an issue. I ran through them again and they did end up using a few ships from mods here and there, but it was rather sparse. Especially when it came to the capital ships, which does make sense.
Also I wasn't saying it was the mod's fault for the recovery thing. Like I said, it's just how my luck goes sometimes. Either way, I found a use for them. Still worth doing each of them at the end of the day.

Overall, the bounties are pretty fun.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

SecretAsianMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey, this may be a dumb question but will the 1.5.1 version of GraphicsLib run safely with SS 0.95a-RC15 and LazyLib 2.7?

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hey, this may be a dumb question but will the 1.5.1 version of GraphicsLib run safely with SS 0.95a-RC15 and LazyLib 2.7?
Usually it will work unless you are trying to use a GraphicsLib version intended for a different version of Starsector
^^

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile

1) The ship_data file was me hoping to see what the ships stats (and more importantly, what they look like through the data files) were.  If it was a base variant with superweapons attached, then I can see why there isn't a ship_data file.
2) I honestly don't know how I didn't see that, thanks for the link/pointing it out.
I see, all good.
A variant looks pretty ugly while not being very informative, since it just contains the loadout for an existing hull configuration and no stats. In the case of a Superweapon Arsenal Sunder it's like this:
Spoiler
{
  "variantId": "sw_sunder_mission1",
  "hullId": "sunder",
  "displayName": "Burst",
  "goalVariant": false,
  "fluxCapacitors": 20,
  "fluxVents": 20,
  "quality": 0.5,
  "permaMods": [],
  "hullMods": [
    "targetingunit",
    "advancedoptics"
  ],
  "weaponGroups": [
    {
      "autofire": true,
      "mode": "LINKED",
      "weapons": {
        "WS 003": "sw_devastator"
      }
    },
    {
        "WS 001": "reaper",
        "WS 005": "reaper"
      }
    },
    {
        "WS 002": "phasebeam",
        "WS 004": "phasebeam"
      }
    },
    {
        "WS 006": "vulcan",
        "WS 007": "vulcan",
        "WS 008": "vulcan"
      }
    }
  ],
  "modules": [],
  "wings": []
}
[close]
You can check these .variant files in a mod's folder with any text editor. Note that if a variant is gonna be spawned in any way (game puts it in a non-player fleet or you spawn it with console) then whatever is laid down in the variant, it's gonna be loaded onto the ship, even if it goes over OP cap or a weapon does not match its mount.
For ship stats you are indeed looking for ship_data.csv values, .skin files in case of special edition ships (these can override some ship stats as well the looks for the original hull eg. XIV Falcon
Spoiler
{
   "baseHullId":"falcon",
   "skinHullId":"falcon_xiv",
   "hullName":"Falcon (XIV)",
   "coversColor":[255,255,255,255],
   "descriptionId":"falcon",
   "descriptionPrefix":"Built to the specifications of the 14th Domain Battlegroup which founded the Hegemony, this vessel is a prime example of the Domain Navy's 'decisive battle' doctrine, particularly exhibited by a series of radical structural modifications performed using pre-Collapse industrial technology.",
   "tags":["XIV_bp", "hist2t"],
   "tech":"XIV Battlegroup",
   "fleetPoints":14,
   "ordnancePoints":130,
   "baseValueMult":1.75,
   "spriteName":"graphics/ships/falcon/falcon_hegemony.png",
   "removeEngineSlots":[],       # indices, as engine slots have no id in the .ship file
   "removeBuiltInMods":[],       # hullmod ids
   "removeBuiltInWeapons":[],       # weapon slot ids
   "builtInMods":["fourteenth"],
   "builtInWeapons":{
    },
}
[close]
) or alternatively spawn given hull or variant ingame with the mod called 'Console Commands' (
list ships sw
addship somethingtheconsolelistedforyou
open refit screen, look around then mothball the ship to reduce its salvage value to a minimum then scuttle it
) <- this is how I check HVB ships since I don't use Vayra's, well, anything

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Are superweapons (and syndicate refit / unique module) supposed to show in Codex? They are right now, and if not they need some tag, probably "restricted".
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 05:55:54 AM by Jaghaimo »

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile

Are superweapons (and syndicate refit / unique module) supposed to show in Codex? They are right now, and if not they need some tag, probably "restricted".
I might restrict the Syndicate stuff once i add more weapons to their category and have an appropriate lore behind them, otherwise the rest of weapons are not secretive, also having the restricted tag will disable drops.
^^

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Fair enough. How are they restricted from being sold on markets? Is it just via not being "known" to any faction?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I might restrict the Syndicate stuff once i add more weapons to their category and have an appropriate lore behind them, otherwise the rest of weapons are not secretive, also having the restricted tag will disable drops.
Thinking along these lines, you should probably add a pre-description to the weapons. Something along the lines of "the blueprints for these are lost forever or were deleted after the prototypes but working samples still exist if you are very lucky to find them"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35