Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 275179 times)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.9a Light Show
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2021, 08:58:10 AM »

@Mira Lendin Make sure you're using IntervalUtil and not just counting frames, something like this:

Code
		for (DamagingProjectileAPI p : engine.getProjectiles()) {
// changed from pointer equality because that equality is scary when you don't own all the code. IMO anyway.
                       if (p.getWeapon().getId().equals(weapon.getId())) {
proj = p;
break;
}
                }
The way of how the Railgun code is supposed to work is that each weapon has to monitor it's own projectiles, in your version if i go over every weapon and only match their ID the code will run multiple times for each projectile equal to the number of Railguns currently present on the field, this means that if there are a total of 10 Railguns present, each projectile will deal x10 times more damage.
Nonetheless, your modification gave me an idea, i will just move the code from weapon level to plugin level, this should improve performance depending on the amount of active Railguns.

Cool, sounds like you've got it under control.  Good luck!

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.9a Light Show
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2021, 11:57:51 AM »

Cool, sounds like you've got it under control.  Good luck!
I spent couple of hours reworking how the mod handles piercing projectiles for current weapons (Railgun / LightSpear) and future ones as well, now there is a single script that monitors everything at once (this removes lag generated by having multiple piercing weapons deployed at the same time) also i made it so that projectiles will adjust their damage based on projectile speed changes, also i fixed their exploit with ships that alters the flow of time.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 12:12:32 PM by Mira Lendin »
^^

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile

v2.0 is out! With a new weapon, bounty missions and many bug fixes, make sure to update for maximum Destruction Fun!
Please make sure to delete any previous version before updating your mod folder.

Download
^^

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I see the bounties require Vayra's sector. Would it be possible to have a few that don't? I personally don't use that mod, but I'm not sure how many people do. I just use Nex and SWP and call it good. I like the idea of having bounties that give the weapons, but why have that locked behind a different mod? I'm also not a modder, so I'm unaware if using that mod's framework would make it easier or something.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile

I see the bounties require Vayra's sector. Would it be possible to have a few that don't? I personally don't use that mod, but I'm not sure how many people do. I just use Nex and SWP and call it good. I like the idea of having bounties that give the weapons, but why have that locked behind a different mod? I'm also not a modder, so I'm unaware if using that mod's framework would make it easier or something.
This mod runs with/without Vayra's sector, there are no dependencies and you will never get a crash because of it, if you have decided to run Vayra's sector (bootleg version) which can be found on SS Discord you will get my bounties to spawn.
^^

Schaf-Unschaf

• Ensign
    • View Profile

You can also use BountiesExpanded (Discord exclusive until 100% finished) if you don't like VS to get your daily dose of HVBs.

dotdotdotSS

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is the 2.0 update save compatible with a save with 1.9?

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

This mod runs with/without Vayra's sector, there are no dependencies and you will never get a crash because of it, if you have decided to run Vayra's sector (bootleg version) which can be found on SS Discord you will get my bounties to spawn.

I'm aware the mod runs without Vayra's Sector, I was talking about the bounties. I would enjoy being able to do the bounties without having to install VS.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile

Is the 2.0 update save compatible with a save with 1.9?
Yes.
^^

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile

I'm aware the mod runs without Vayra's Sector, I was talking about the bounties. I would enjoy being able to do the bounties without having to install VS.
Building a bounty system from scratch will take so much time which i don't have these days, you will have to settle with Vayra's Sector until a new alternative arrive.
^^

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Try this mod, then : https://github.com/Schaf-Unschaf/BountiesExpanded/releases/download/v0.3.3/BountiesExpanded.zip

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Try this mod, then : https://github.com/Schaf-Unschaf/BountiesExpanded/releases/download/v0.3.3/BountiesExpanded.zip

It's kind of hard, either you do Vayra's, which is unreleased, probably too big for its own good and not currently maintained OR BountiesExpanded which is under active, possibly interoperability breaking development and not yet released.  So either way, it's not great.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile

I don't want to use something that is unfinished for my bounties, i might switch to Bounties expanded once it arrives to this forum and we get to see public reception, until then the bootleg version of Vayra's Sector works just fine.
^^

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Since Bounties Expanded isn't actually on the forums yet, I'll ask here: Does it allow you to do the Bounties normally exclusive from VS? It has been mentioned 2 times, so I'm rather curious.

Based on what @Schaf-Unschaf said, it sounds like it might?

Atmos

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Reflective Shield is just broken with my current build. It is really good
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35