Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 272688 times)

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.9a Light Show
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2021, 02:18:29 PM »

Oh, its in the "Changelog" in the OP, not in the .rar file, I get it now.
Spoiler
-Greatly increased the drop rate of all Superweapons, some starting at (300%) and some up to (1500%), to put this into perspective, the most common Superweapon is just as rare as the Tachyon Lance while the rarest is 3.5 times less frequent, this can be considered "a bit too common" but the values are subject to change, depending on your feedback!.
[close]
Does anyone have the v1.7 weapons_info.csv? Please PM it to me, I erased mine.
Here are the old rarity values from top to bottom (as found in the csv file):
0.15 / 0.05 / 0.07 / 0.19 / 0.13 / 0.20 / 0.15 / 0.03 / 0.14 / 0.09 / 0.17 / 0.10 / 0.04 / 0.07 / (Light spear didn't exist before 1.8 ) thus doesn't have an old value.
^^

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2021, 03:37:57 PM »

Oh, its in the "Changelog" in the OP, not in the .rar file, I get it now.
Spoiler
-Greatly increased the drop rate of all Superweapons, some starting at (300%) and some up to (1500%), to put this into perspective, the most common Superweapon is just as rare as the Tachyon Lance while the rarest is 3.5 times less frequent, this can be considered "a bit too common" but the values are subject to change, depending on your feedback!.
[close]
Does anyone have the v1.7 weapons_info.csv? Please PM it to me, I erased mine.
0.15 / 0.05 / 0.07 / 0.19 / 0.13 / 0.20 / 0.15 / 0.03 / 0.14 / 0.09 / 0.17 / 0.10 / 0.04 / 0.07 / (Light spear didn't exist before 1.8 ) thus doesn't have an old value.
Thank you, Mira, your the best!!  :D

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2021, 11:26:47 PM »

Thank you, Mira, your the best!!  :D
I should emphasize on the fact that if you think something needs to change i am here and listening, there is no need to modify the game files to improve something when it can be discussed here and implemented for everyone :)
^^

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2021, 08:31:16 AM »

I should emphasize on the fact that if you think something needs to change i am here and listening, there is no need to modify the game files to improve something when it can be discussed here and implemented for everyone :)
Oh. I just think that the x3 to x15 frequency that you put in v1.8 was too much. The most common Superweapon having the same rarity as a Plasma Cannon is just too good. I'd like Superweapons to be very special because, once you have them, you aren't really likely to loose them. (Unless you don't captain the superweapon ship and you forget that Reinforced Bulkheads is a thing and you zero out all your SP at the same time.)

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2021, 09:05:24 AM »

I found a bit of an odd interaction with the EM Railgun(because it's my favorite and I use it as often as I can) and ships that can slow time. It does WAY too much damage. I do use several mods, but only one of which has a ship that can both slow time flow and mount the EM Railgun now that it's only Ballistic. When the time flow is slowed, it seems to de exponential damage. Destroying 2 segments from a station when angled properly or nuking a capital ship with a single shot. Whereas normally it would take about 3-4 because shields and such. I did multiple tests and it seems to be consistent.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2021, 05:11:50 AM »

I found a bit of an odd interaction with the EM Railgun(because it's my favorite and I use it as often as I can) and ships that can slow time. It does WAY too much damage. I do use several mods, but only one of which has a ship that can both slow time flow and mount the EM Railgun now that it's only Ballistic. When the time flow is slowed, it seems to de exponential damage. Destroying 2 segments from a station when angled properly or nuking a capital ship with a single shot. Whereas normally it would take about 3-4 because shields and such. I did multiple tests and it seems to be consistent.
hmmm interesting, i will look into this.
^^

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2021, 05:17:02 AM »

Oh. I just think that the x3 to x15 frequency that you put in v1.8 was too much. The most common Superweapon having the same rarity as a Plasma Cannon is just too good. I'd like Superweapons to be very special because, once you have them, you aren't really likely to loose them. (Unless you don't captain the superweapon ship and you forget that Reinforced Bulkheads is a thing and you zero out all your SP at the same time.)
When i removed Superweapons from Prism Freeport i decided to start with higher drop rates than i originally intended, i want more people to find Superweapons, test them and then comeback and tell me what they think, i was planning to lower the drop rates in the next update, alongside adding couple of bounties that gives you a chance to recover some upon completion.
In short, consider the current drop rates an advantage to find more weapons for testing purposes.
^^

Szass Tam

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2021, 02:49:52 AM »

Would be nice if u could add small and medium weapons and/or fighters.

brm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2021, 07:07:20 AM »

I feel like medium or small superweapons would be... a weird fit with the slot considering that the large slot is such an investment comparatively.

Fighter might be interesting though as long as it was expensive.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2021, 07:10:25 AM »

I can't add Light and medium Superweapons since they will just be used on bigger mounts as an efficient replacement.
i can't give people fighters in a mod called "Superweapons" unless.... i could make fighter variants of already existing weapons.
^^

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2021, 07:46:35 AM »

I can't add Light and medium Superweapons since they will just be used on bigger mounts as an efficient replacement.
This makes me glad to hear.
About the fighters, please no. There are too many already bloating up the modverse.
If this mod needs more room to explore, I would suggest creating missions around the Superweapons. The various factions (especially Pathers) would be willing to go to war over these.

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2021, 02:23:50 PM »

So I was abusing testing out how the EM railgun works with SWP's nightwalker when time is at a standstill, and it's worse than when time is simply sped up. If you can activate Chrono boost, shoot, and then phase cloak right when the projectile makes contact with the ship you want deleted, it does just that. Deletes. I've had it rack up millions of damage. Though this does cause massive amounts of lag and an occasional crash. Basically anything that can slow time and equip it can abuse that weapon though.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2021, 04:22:48 PM »

@Mira Lendin Make sure you're using IntervalUtil and not just counting frames, something like this:

Code
    public class RailPierceEffect implements EveryFrameWeaponEffectPlugin {

private static final Color COLOR = new Color(40, 50, 100, 255);
private final IntervalUtil damageInterval = new IntervalUtil(0.1f, .2f);

public void advance(float amount, CombatEngineAPI engine, WeaponAPI weapon) {
weapon.getSpec().setUnaffectedByProjectileSpeedBonuses(true);
            if (engine.isPaused()) {return;}
            if (Global.getSettings().getCurrentState() != GameState.COMBAT){return;}

DamagingProjectileAPI proj = null;

for (DamagingProjectileAPI p : engine.getProjectiles()) {
// changed from pointer equality because that equality is scary when you don't own all the code. IMO anyway.
                       if (p.getWeapon().getId().equals(weapon.getId())) {
proj = p;
break;
}
}
if(proj == null){
return;
}

damageInterval.advance(amount);
if (!proj.isFading() && damageInterval.intervalElapsed()){
Vector2f point = proj.getLocation();
float Damage = proj.getDamageAmount() * 0.345f;

DamagingExplosionSpec PierceEffect = new DamagingExplosionSpec(
0.05f, //duration
30f, //radius
30f, //coreRadius
Damage, //maxDamage
Damage, //minDamage
CollisionClass.HITS_SHIPS_AND_ASTEROIDS, //collisionClass
CollisionClass.ASTEROID, //collisionClassByFighter
12f, //particleSizeMin,
20f, //particleSizeRange
0.5f, //particleDuration
10, //particleCount
COLOR,
COLOR);

PierceEffect.setShowGraphic(false);
PierceEffect.setDamageType(DamageType.ENERGY);

engine.spawnDamagingExplosion(PierceEffect, proj.getSource(), point, false);
}
}
}

You'll want to make sure that there's one of these objects for each projectile that's tracked.  I don't deal much with weaponeffects so I'm not sure if there's a singleton or one spawned per shot.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 05:05:35 PM by Nick XR »

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2021, 02:19:34 AM »

@Mira Lendin Make sure you're using IntervalUtil and not just counting frames, something like this:

Code
		for (DamagingProjectileAPI p : engine.getProjectiles()) {
// changed from pointer equality because that equality is scary when you don't own all the code. IMO anyway.
                       if (p.getWeapon().getId().equals(weapon.getId())) {
proj = p;
break;
}
                }
The way of how the Railgun code is supposed to work is that each weapon has to monitor it's own projectiles, in your version if i go over every weapon and only match their ID the code will run multiple times for each projectile equal to the number of Railguns currently present on the field, this means that if there are a total of 10 Railguns present, each projectile will deal x10 times more damage.
Nonetheless, your modification gave me an idea, i will just move the code from weapon level to plugin level, this should improve performance depending on the amount of active Railguns.
^^

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 22, 2021, 02:38:49 AM »

So I was abusing testing out how the EM railgun works with SWP's nightwalker when time is at a standstill, and it's worse than when time is simply sped up. If you can activate Chrono boost, shoot, and then phase cloak right when the projectile makes contact with the ship you want deleted, it does just that. Deletes. I've had it rack up millions of damage. Though this does cause massive amounts of lag and an occasional crash. Basically anything that can slow time and equip it can abuse that weapon though.
This will be patched next update.
^^
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35