Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 272666 times)

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.3b - Controlled Destruction!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2021, 02:25:24 AM »

I shouldn't have to it's not a requirement

Nobody said you have to.
Prism Freeport is just one way to (rarely) acquire superweapons, not the only way.

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2021, 02:34:59 AM »

Should something like that not come with the mod, or at least be standalone

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2021, 02:43:57 AM »

Great mod, loving it!
So, could super weapons be different sizes like small or medium ones? Not saying you should make different sizes for all of them but in vanilla there is the antimatter blaster for example which is pretty powerful and one of my favourite weapons.
If that were against your intended design I'd completely understand, though.
Thanks for this very nice mod  ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 02:45:42 AM by Tecrys »
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2021, 09:04:40 AM »

I never find this weapons in stations loot and only once see it on sale. Its not rare or hard to obtain - its literally not present in game.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2021, 02:08:44 PM »

I never find this weapons in stations loot and only once see it on sale. Its not rare or hard to obtain - its literally not present in game.
they have no drop restrictions, they are just too rare, if you managed to see one in sale this means that they are in the game and everything is working as intended.
^^

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2021, 02:13:51 PM »

Great mod, loving it!
So, could super weapons be different sizes like small or medium ones? Not saying you should make different sizes for all of them but in vanilla there is the antimatter blaster for example which is pretty powerful and one of my favorite weapons.
If that were against your intended design I'd completely understand, though.
Thanks for this very nice mod  ;D
it's very hard to balance small and medium weapons in a way that wouldn't replace low-end weapons of larger mounts, i don't have a solid way to approach this issue as making a good medium weapon with a cost of 20OP might end up more efficient than larger weapons with a cost between 20-25 OP, as a result you will start placing medium weapons in large slots which is a bad game design.
^^

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2021, 02:35:36 PM »

I shouldn't have to it's not a requirement
You misunderstand. Prism Freeport is a part of Nexerelin, not this mod. This mod's creator added a feature (there are others, you know) that enhances Nex but it has no effect if you don't play Nex.

Tavik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2021, 05:08:03 PM »

Hey there. Wanted to give your mod a go, as I LOVE powerful weaponry, but have run into a problem. Whenever I try to get into the game with 1.3b installed, it gives me an error before bringing up the menu: https://gyazo.com/267b14c0d804cf062be92097be23390c

Something regarding mine duration for the Cluster Torpedo? Still running Starsector v 0.9.1a, would that be a factor? Much thanks!

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2021, 06:34:39 AM »

Hey there. Wanted to give your mod a go, as I LOVE powerful weaponry, but have run into a problem. Whenever I try to get into the game with 1.3b installed, it gives me an error before bringing up the menu: https://gyazo.com/267b14c0d804cf062be92097be23390c

Something regarding mine duration for the Cluster Torpedo? Still running Starsector v 0.9.1a, would that be a factor? Much thanks!
Even if i remove the method mentioned in the message you will end up getting others errors due to backward compatibility issues (i tested this) as a result i can tell you that this mod is absolutely not combatable with 0.91.
^^

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.4 - Pew Pew
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2021, 01:03:37 PM »

I have yet to find one of these guns in the wild. Only once seen 2 Electromagnetic Railguns for sale at Prism for something like 600k a piece. Bad luck I guess, though I do explore quit a bit.
Then again I rarely pilot ships with large slots and I don't think I'd trust the AI with some of these effects.

Mordodrukow

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2021, 01:13:24 PM »

Awesome mod! But can you add 1-2 more ballistic (or one which count as ballistic) weapons? I like to experiment with Conquest's discount.
Spoiler
[close]

Tavik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2021, 08:11:37 PM »

Even if i remove the method mentioned in the message you will end up getting others errors due to backward compatibility issues (i tested this) as a result i can tell you that this mod is absolutely not combatable with 0.91.

Ahh alrighty then. I'll finish up my last 0.91 playthrough and go into 0.95a. Only been stalling because most of my favorite mods aren't made ready for the new version, but c'est la vie. I appreciate it all the same!

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2021, 10:10:36 PM »

Awesome mod! But can you add 1-2 more ballistic (or one which count as ballistic) weapons? I like to experiment with Conquest's discount.
sure, i am planning few ballistic weapons in the near future!
^^

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.5b - Hot Fix!
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2021, 04:40:21 PM »

Loving this, along with the general concept of a weapon that actually just modifies systems. 

Makes me think of other weapons that could improve the functionality of other systems & weapons and how well that would work on a broad-side ship...

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.5b - Hot Fix!
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2021, 03:49:29 AM »

Loving this, along with the general concept of a weapon that actually just modifies systems. 

Makes me think of other weapons that could improve the functionality of other systems & weapons and how well that would work on a broad-side ship...
I was always fascinated with what you can create with the help of SS API, the options allows you to turn a weapon slot into something else, i always thought it wouldn't hurt to try something new ^^
^^
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35