Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.1a Super Flash  (Read 60995 times)

Mira Lendin

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.1a Super Flash
« on: June 23, 2021, 05:41:58 PM »

Superweapons Arsenal v2.1a
Mod requirements:
GraphicsLib - Get here!
MagicLib - Get here!
LazyLib - Get here!

After playing Starsector for a while i noticed that there is not much excitement over finding weapons in this game (with the exception of end game missions), so i went ahead and created a subset of weapons that are balanced above the level of base weapons, hopefully to give a sense of satisfaction when found.

Superweapons:
Spoiler

Some of these are inspired by weapons from other games.
[close]

Unique Weapons:
Spoiler

-Big thanks to Tartiflette for allowing me to utilize his Singularity script while building the Black Hole Generator.
[close]

New additions:
Spoiler
Flash Accelerator

-The Syndicate masterminds combined the latest and greatest acceleration technologies in the Persean Sector creating a Hyperdriver capable of shredding most objects in 1 hit, the unique ammunition utilized by this weapon allows for consistent performance against any target.
[close]

How to get them:
Spoiler
-You may find any of these weapons while exploring the outer worlds, mainly in a weapon cache, mining base or a research station.
-You will be offered bounties for a chance to recover Superweapons after beating their current owner in battle (requires Vayra's Sector or Bounties Expanded).
-it's not possible to attain blueprints for any of these weapons, also they won't be used by any faction.
[close]

Changelog:
Spoiler
-v2.1a

-Few adjustments to the Flash turret.

-Electromagnetic Railgun:
  • Reduced Damage and Flux cost by 20%.
  • Increased Rate of fire by 20%, overall damage/sec remains the same.

-v2.1

-Added Z950 Flash Accelerator to the game (currently the 3rd rarest Superweapon after the Black Hole generator).

-Fixed a miscalculation that caused Piercing projectiles to deal ~11.4% extra damage.

-Electromagnetic Railgun:
  • Increased damage by 10% (flux to damage ratio remains the same).
  • Reduced Rate of Fire by 20%.

-v2.0b

-Superweapons are no longer sellable by any faction even if the player tries to add them to their doctrine by force.

-Adjusted the Supercharged Fusion beam mount offset.

-Lightspear Accelerator:
  • Increased the number of splinter shards from 4 to 5.
  • One of the shards will always maintain the same angle as the primary projectile ensuring good damage output in worst case scenario.
  • Adjusted the Split angle for every shard.

-Hyperpulse Repeater:
  • Reduced Flux cost by 10%.

-Devastator Lance:
  • Increased Damage by 10%.

[close]

Please consider leaving your feedback down below, it will come in handy when i update the mod.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 04:25:14 AM by Mira Lendin »
^^

Mira Lendin

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.0
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 05:43:15 PM »

Reserved
^^

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 07:15:11 PM »

Looking forward to trying this! 

One of the best parts of .95 is finding a few of the new toys and figuring out how to build a single ship around them. 

IMO I wouldn't try to balance these around cost as money is effectively a non-issue once you get out of the mid game.  But making them incredibly rare seems reasonable.

Ramiel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 08:13:53 PM »

Oh, yeah! Just the weapon for my Mudskipper!

NinjaSiren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 07:07:30 AM »

these weapons look sexy  ;)

Anexgohan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 08:29:17 AM »

is there any other way to get them organically, other then purchase at prism freeport.

Mira Lendin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2021, 11:18:08 AM »

is there any other way to get them organically, other then purchase at prism freeport.
They have no restrictions and can be found in open space like any other weapon, however they are very rare.
^^

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2021, 12:49:30 PM »

These weapons have pretty nice presentation and some interesting effects, but their power is quite a bit more than slightly above vanilla weapons. Please keep in mind that you should account for scripted damage when calculating your flux costs, for example.

A fair few of these also combine extremely high damage with extremely fast projectiles. I think it would be more interesting to separate the two. Very powerful weapons that take some skill to land shots with are inherently quite satisfying.

I do like the general concept of this mod to add some rare powerful weapons to find, though. Just think they are currently a bit too powerful to the point they take too much skill out of combat, making them get old quick.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Mira Lendin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 02:42:02 PM »

These weapons have pretty nice presentation and some interesting effects, but their power is quite a bit more than slightly above vanilla weapons. Please keep in mind that you should account for scripted damage when calculating your flux costs, for example.

A fair few of these also combine extremely high damage with extremely fast projectiles. I think it would be more interesting to separate the two. Very powerful weapons that take some skill to land shots with are inherently quite satisfying.

I do like the general concept of this mod to add some rare powerful weapons to find, though. Just think they are currently a bit too powerful to the point they take too much skill out of combat, making them get old quick.
I agree with you, Originally i wanted to balance these weapons a bit more before releasing this mod, however i decided to let them be and wait until i finish the rest of unreleased content, then let people have the final word, although balance was never my intention, i don't want any of these weapons to feel like "be happy go lucky", i think adding some inaccuracy as a start will force distance management allowing weapons like the "Phalanx" to be hard to fully utilize at most ranges.
^^

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.1 - Some balance and new stuff
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2021, 03:15:10 AM »

Do AI fleets use these?

Mira Lendin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2021, 03:46:19 AM »

Do AI fleets use these?
No, maybe after they are balanced i would let some Remnant fleets use them
^^

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2021, 08:58:36 AM »

Alright, if you do make that change can you please make it toggable? Thanks for this mod.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2021, 10:19:52 AM »

IMO they'd be more of a treat if they didn't ever drop as blueprints. Once you can mass produce them they become just another weapon again, rather than a scarcity.

Mira Lendin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2021, 11:05:58 PM »

Alright, if you do make that change can you please make it toggable? Thanks for this mod.
i can do that but i don't think it would be useful, as once a faction learns a new weapon it can't be removed from their list until you start a new save, so toggling it off mid game is not going to revert it back.
^^

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2021, 01:30:37 AM »

I meant as before I start a new playthrough, like in the mod settings.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15