Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 272667 times)

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!
« on: June 23, 2021, 05:41:58 PM »

Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b
Link Removed ~Thaago
Mod requirements:
GraphicsLib - Get here!
MagicLib - Get here!
LazyLib - Get here!
Recommended:
Slightly Better Tech-Mining - Get here!

After playing Starsector for a while i noticed that there is not much excitement over finding weapons in this game (with the exception of end game missions), so i went ahead and created a subset of weapons that are balanced above the level of base weapons, hopefully to give a sense of satisfaction when found.

Superweapons:
Spoiler
Superweapons are divided into "Tiers", the tier of a Superweapon decide how rare it is and where it can be found, to put things into perspective, the Tachyon Lance has a base rarity of 0.6, Factions will never Sell/Drop/Use Superweapons against the player.

Rare
Spoiler
-Rarity: 0.6
-Tier: 5
-Can be tech-mined: Yes
X9 Prism Driver

Tartarus LRM

Terror MRM

Xatrix Tesla Coil

[close]

Ultra Rare
Spoiler
-Rarity: 0.5
-Tier: 4
Supercharged Fusion Beam

Photon Lens

MX Gauss Cannon

[close]

Exceptional
Spoiler
-Rarity: 0.4
-Tier: 3
Electromagnetic Railgun

Devastator Lance

Hyperpulse Repeater

Lightspear Accelerator

NovaX Defense System

[close]

Mythic
Spoiler
-Rarity: 0.3
-Tier: 2
Phalanx Particle Cannon

Plasma Storm

BFG Ultra

[close]

Legendary
Spoiler
-Rarity: 0.25
-Tier: 1
-Can be tech-mined: No
Black Hole Generator

Cluster Torpedo

Lightning Storm Generator

Supernova Launcher

Reflective Shield

Big thanks to Tartiflette for allowing me to utilize his Singularity script while building the Black Hole Generator
[close]

Syndicate Refit
Spoiler
The Syndicate is an unknown entity specialized in weapon engineering, they are the masters of destructive weapon design.
-Rarity: ~0.2
-Tier: 0
-Can be tech-mined: No
Positron Lens

Annihilator Hyperlance

Z950 Flash

[close]

Some of these are inspired by weapons from other games.
[close]

New additions:
Spoiler
Lightning Storm Generator

-A weapon made by an energy research organization called Xatrix, it creates powerful storms, scaling in their intensity based on the number of specialized Tesla Coils present on the ship.

Xatrix Tesla Coil

[close]

How to get them:
Spoiler
-You may find any of these weapons while exploring the outer worlds, mainly in a weapon cache, mining base or a research station.
-You will be offered bounties for a chance to recover Superweapons after beating their current owner in battle (Require Vayra's Sector).
-Exploring Planets with Vast ruins and mining them for tech can yield Superweapons on regular basis (Require Slightly Better Tech-Mining).
-it's not possible to attain blueprints for any of these weapons, also they won't be used by any faction.
[close]

Changelog:
Spoiler
-v2.5b (Quick update)

-(Visual) Reworked part of the Annihilator Hyperlance that was based-off of one Dassault-Mikoyan weapon.

-Fixed a bug with Lightning Storms lingering after battle if the battle ends before their duration expires.

-Updated the Tesla Coil weapon and it's hullmod Description.

-v2.5a

-Fixed a bug that caused selected Superweapons to not spawn in Prism Free-port.

-v2.5

-Added the Lightning Storm Generator to the game.

-Added the Xatrix Tesla Coil to the game.

-Added Epsilon High Value Bounty to the game, the Syndicate have made a move! test your capabilities as a commander in this dangerous mission.

-Added few lower tier Superweapons to the Doritos faction.

-Added 3 hand-picked Superweapons to Prism Freeport market (these will change with every update).

-BFG Ultra:
  • Reworked how the weapon deals damage:
  • Instead of shocking nearby enemies it now strikes them with thin beams that have Pin-point accuracy.
  • Increased strike rate by 100%, reduced strike damage by 50% (Less effective against armor).
  • No longer deletes all fighters on screen as it now deals 25% damage to them.
  • No longer ignore obstacles along the way when striking a target.

-Photon Lens:
  • No longer benefit from Energy Stat modifiers.
  • Now benefit from Ballistic modifiers instead (but can still be mounted on energy slots).

-Changed "Exotic" category to "Exceptional" in-order to avoid conflict with Seeker.

-Fixed a bug with the Supernova launcher displaying "ready-to-fire" visuals while the weapon is empty.

-Fixed a typo in the Blackhole Generator description.

-v2.4

-Added Supernova Launcher to the game.

-Various improvements to the Annihilator Lance turret and it's sound effects.

-Cluster Torpedo:
  • Slightly faster detonation sequence.

-v2.3

-Added the Annihilator Hyperlance to the game.

-Fixed a bug that caused the blueprint of the BFG and Blackhole Generator to be attainable.

-Electromagnetic Railgun:
  • Increased maximum and optimal weapon range by 15%.

-v2.2d

-Added Rogue AI high value bounty to the game, challenge this large fleet for a chance to attain a Black Hole generator.

-Production dealers (bar event) will no longer offer to build Superweapons for you.

-Tartarus LRM Lancher:
  • Increased splash energy damage from 15% to 30%.
  • Increased splash EMP damage from 30% to 60%.

-NovaX Defense System:
  • Fixed a bug causing the weapon to not deal damage to regular ships when detonating on proximity to fighters or missiles.
  • Increased damage by 25% (flux cost remains unchanged).
  • Improved visuals.

-BFG Ultra:
  • Damage against stations and modules increased from 25% to 40%.

[close]

Please consider leaving your feedback down below, it will come in handy when i update the mod.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 05:40:19 PM by Thaago »
^^

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.0
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 05:43:15 PM »

v2.5 is out!
Please make sure to delete any previous version before updating your mod folder.

Link Removed ~Thaago
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 06:25:42 PM by Thaago »
^^

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 07:15:11 PM »

Looking forward to trying this! 

One of the best parts of .95 is finding a few of the new toys and figuring out how to build a single ship around them. 

IMO I wouldn't try to balance these around cost as money is effectively a non-issue once you get out of the mid game.  But making them incredibly rare seems reasonable.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 08:13:53 PM »

Oh, yeah! Just the weapon for my Mudskipper!

NinjaSiren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 07:07:30 AM »

these weapons look sexy  ;)

Anexgohan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 08:29:17 AM »

is there any other way to get them organically, other then purchase at prism freeport.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2021, 11:18:08 AM »

is there any other way to get them organically, other then purchase at prism freeport.
They have no restrictions and can be found in open space like any other weapon, however they are very rare.
^^

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2021, 12:49:30 PM »

These weapons have pretty nice presentation and some interesting effects, but their power is quite a bit more than slightly above vanilla weapons. Please keep in mind that you should account for scripted damage when calculating your flux costs, for example.

A fair few of these also combine extremely high damage with extremely fast projectiles. I think it would be more interesting to separate the two. Very powerful weapons that take some skill to land shots with are inherently quite satisfying.

I do like the general concept of this mod to add some rare powerful weapons to find, though. Just think they are currently a bit too powerful to the point they take too much skill out of combat, making them get old quick.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 02:42:02 PM »

These weapons have pretty nice presentation and some interesting effects, but their power is quite a bit more than slightly above vanilla weapons. Please keep in mind that you should account for scripted damage when calculating your flux costs, for example.

A fair few of these also combine extremely high damage with extremely fast projectiles. I think it would be more interesting to separate the two. Very powerful weapons that take some skill to land shots with are inherently quite satisfying.

I do like the general concept of this mod to add some rare powerful weapons to find, though. Just think they are currently a bit too powerful to the point they take too much skill out of combat, making them get old quick.
I agree with you, Originally i wanted to balance these weapons a bit more before releasing this mod, however i decided to let them be and wait until i finish the rest of unreleased content, then let people have the final word, although balance was never my intention, i don't want any of these weapons to feel like "be happy go lucky", i think adding some inaccuracy as a start will force distance management allowing weapons like the "Phalanx" to be hard to fully utilize at most ranges.
^^

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.1 - Some balance and new stuff
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2021, 03:15:10 AM »

Do AI fleets use these?

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2021, 03:46:19 AM »

Do AI fleets use these?
No, maybe after they are balanced i would let some Remnant fleets use them
^^

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2021, 08:58:36 AM »

Alright, if you do make that change can you please make it toggable? Thanks for this mod.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2021, 10:19:52 AM »

IMO they'd be more of a treat if they didn't ever drop as blueprints. Once you can mass produce them they become just another weapon again, rather than a scarcity.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2021, 11:05:58 PM »

Alright, if you do make that change can you please make it toggable? Thanks for this mod.
i can do that but i don't think it would be useful, as once a faction learns a new weapon it can't be removed from their list until you start a new save, so toggling it off mid game is not going to revert it back.
^^

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2021, 01:30:37 AM »

I meant as before I start a new playthrough, like in the mod settings.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35