Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 272692 times)

Virescent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.4 The power of a thousand sun!
« Reply #480 on: June 22, 2022, 05:18:12 AM »

Hey there! I just wanted to report that Plasma storm, the Mythic weapon, refuses to fire at all. I¨ve tried both clicking and holding then releasing, but nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong or is the weapon actually bugged?

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 22, 2022, 09:43:40 AM »

Hey there! I just wanted to report that Plasma storm, the Mythic weapon, refuses to fire at all. I¨ve tried both clicking and holding then releasing, but nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong or is the weapon actually bugged?
Your ship entire flux capacity isn't enough to fire it, probably because it's a small ship
^^

drizzy97

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 30, 2022, 08:12:22 PM »

Not sure if you take suggestions but if you do I have one! I saw somewhere that there is a console command to change any ship into a friendly ship. Would it be possible to turn this mechanic into a unique superweapon? Maybe a sort of beam or electric blast that can hit a few ships. Then have them change over for 30-60 seconds before reverting to enemies. Maybe it could be a systems virus and as long as there are two or more ships it will spread to the 3 closest, taking additional time to convert based on the ship's ordnance points or hull points. Could be a pretty unique battle control tool, balanced by flux usage, ordinance points, and rarity.

envenger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 30, 2022, 08:42:58 PM »

Equipping multiple super weapons on a ship causes weapons to randomly malfunction, is that intended?

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 30, 2022, 09:37:29 PM »

Equipping multiple super weapons on a ship causes weapons to randomly malfunction, is that intended?
No, it's not intended, unless you are putting them on a ship that comes from one of Nia's mods (Scalartech or Tahlan Shipyard), Nia is known for trying to police mods they don't like by adding a code which interferes with other mods, like mine.
It's either that or you are using a weapon with splash damage and hitting targets too close to your ship.
^^

envenger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 30, 2022, 09:49:54 PM »

It was a IV battle group incursion from the high tech expansion. I had 3 plasma storms and one or 2 of them would randomly disable.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 01, 2022, 01:01:40 AM »

It was a IV battle group incursion from the high tech expansion. I had 3 plasma storms and one or 2 of them would randomly disable.
Ah i see the problem
You shot the weapon near small asteroids, the projectiles deal area damage which damages your ship and stuff mounted on it, Plasma storm is risky to use in Asteroid fields.
^^

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5 A Storm is coming!
« Reply #487 on: July 02, 2022, 07:58:23 PM »

Hello everyone!
If you find any problems with the newest version of the mod (v2.5) then let me know, i will be taking a look every few hours.
^^

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Superweapons Arsenal v1.0
« Reply #488 on: July 02, 2022, 10:12:55 PM »

These weapons have pretty nice presentation and some interesting effects, but their power is quite a bit more than slightly above vanilla weapons. Please keep in mind that you should account for scripted damage when calculating your flux costs, for example.

A fair few of these also combine extremely high damage with extremely fast projectiles. I think it would be more interesting to separate the two. Very powerful weapons that take some skill to land shots with are inherently quite satisfying.

I do like the general concept of this mod to add some rare powerful weapons to find, though. Just think they are currently a bit too powerful to the point they take too much skill out of combat, making them get old quick.

I'd like to revisit this statement and make some observations of my own.

A weapon exceeding 30 OP can be crippling in its own right.  I've been trying to use these weapons on a bunch of Nia's ships where they seem fitting, but additional costs like point defense make it rather hard to fit these weapons in.

Since many vanilla ships are built with gimped weapon arcs, fitting these weapons can do a lot of harm to base function.

I'd prefer more exotic costs to weapons such as these, like producing debris-like objects that might explode if the player runs into them, or just hampers the next shot (like the constant stream of fighter wrecks from Nia's Legio Daemon series).

The OP cost is rather specific to the mount it's being placed on, and simply ramping up the OP for a "better," weapon only works for the best ships.

Not that I've seen many superweapons that are horribly balanced.  Even the Hyperpulse Repeater is more a brawler's weapon, and not very good for actually killing ships.

But the idea of what is, "balanced," in this game is one worth discussing, as so much is tightly scripted without the designers actually telling us what they actually intend.

S7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 03, 2022, 11:01:55 PM »

Hi, I love this mod. I especially love how I've converted the Caliph from the Kadur mod into a death brick.

I was just wondering, since a selection of superweapons are now available at Prism, if it is theoretically possible
to add a special contact at the Freeport to provide nanoforge slots for Superweapons specifically. Similar to how
those pirate contacts offer a vast production selection at a markup with a limited budget.

The entire Superweapons selection wouldn't be unlocked right off the bat, rather the categories would be unlocked
depending on Contact reputation (i.e. 25 for Rare, 50 for ultra rare, etc. if Legendary and Syndicate are still gated).
I dont have any idea on how what missions the contact would hand out, though it would probably reward a pittance
of reputation.

I lack any modding experience so I am just throwing this out there.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 04, 2022, 01:30:46 AM »

Hi, I love this mod. I especially love how I've converted the Caliph from the Kadur mod into a death brick.

I was just wondering, since a selection of superweapons are now available at Prism, if it is theoretically possible
to add a special contact at the Freeport to provide nanoforge slots for Superweapons specifically. Similar to how
those pirate contacts offer a vast production selection at a markup with a limited budget.

The entire Superweapons selection wouldn't be unlocked right off the bat, rather the categories would be unlocked
depending on Contact reputation (i.e. 25 for Rare, 50 for ultra rare, etc. if Legendary and Syndicate are still gated).
I dont have any idea on how what missions the contact would hand out, though it would probably reward a pittance
of reputation.

-Being able to produce Superweapons from contractors is very overpowered especially that money doesn't matter in the late game, also you can easily max your reputation with any faction by trading a bunch of prisoners.
-Syndicate weapons are not exactly gated behind anything, they can drop anywhere just like other Superweapon, it's just that's less likely to happen due to their rarity.
^^

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 04, 2022, 02:31:10 PM »

I got a pair of tesla coils into a Neutrino Falken.

Fun stuff those! Not only are good are killing missiles, but they can kill any stupid ship that keeps chasing you too close (takes a long time to do so though...).

I now wish to make a lightning ball ship, if I remember correctly there are 2 or 3 different hullmods and weapons that also generate lightning PD...

S7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 04, 2022, 03:02:36 PM »

of reputation.

-Being able to produce Superweapons from contractors is very overpowered especially that money doesn't matter in the late game, also you can easily max your reputation with any faction by trading a bunch of prisoners.
-Syndicate weapons are not exactly gated behind anything, they can drop anywhere just like other Superweapon, it's just that's less likely to happen due to their rarity.

Regarding the Contractor reputation thing, I was thinking along the lines of an npc from a faction
that exists but isn't a big player in the sector. Similar to how the Levellers in the Magellan Mod
technically exist but aren't really a proper faction. As far as I know, the only ways to get rep
for Levellers were donating Heavy Machinery to an abandoned station (donating seems to be time-gated)
or help one of their small fleets in a fight. The only Leveller npc I saw was also located in a pirate base so
prisoner exchange didn't affect Leveller rep, only pirates.

Since AI cores drop commonly in late game(especially modded late game), the lone Syndicate npc inside
Freeport would probably not be interested in them, preventing further rep cheesing. Production availability
could also be time-gated (say 1 production contract per cycle) with a middling budget that could only allow
you to purchase 1 or 2 Superweapons per contract. As for Legendary and Syndicate Refits, I've been running
a 230 Star Sector for weeks now and have been lucky enough to get a Reflective Shield, Z950, and a Black
Hole Generator pre v2.4 with the sector nearly fully explored. I don't have Bounties Expanded nor Vayra's Sector
and since Legendary and Syndicate Refits cant be tech-mined I don't know where else to look to for other
and newer Superweapons.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 04, 2022, 04:32:21 PM »

Since AI cores drop commonly in late game(especially modded late game), the lone Syndicate npc inside
Freeport would probably not be interested in them, preventing further rep cheesing. Production availability
could also be time-gated (say 1 production contract per cycle) with a middling budget that could only allow
you to purchase 1 or 2 Superweapons per contract. As for Legendary and Syndicate Refits, I've been running
a 230 Star Sector for weeks now and have been lucky enough to get a Reflective Shield, Z950, and a Black
Hole Generator pre v2.4 with the sector nearly fully explored. I don't have Bounties Expanded nor Vayra's Sector
and since Legendary and Syndicate Refits cant be tech-mined I don't know where else to look to for other
and newer Superweapons.
I have many plans for expanding the Syndicate lore, including an NPC in Prism Free-Port, i don't have time to implement big features like these right now, so you will have to wait.
^^

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 07, 2022, 08:25:28 PM »

New Update!
Make sure to let me know about any bugs you might encounter.
Would you mind hosting the previous version, please?
Red Alert Lightning Storm voiceover gave me giggles but I'd rather not have that or the weapon in a space adventure game.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35