Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95a-RC15] Bar Pather offers base location when there is no base  (Read 699 times)

Vyn

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

The bar Pather that offers to sell the location of the base supporting the local Pather cell can appear even if said base was recently destroyed. At the time of this happening, the tool tip over the Pather cell icon (this was on my own colony) indicated that it would take another 336 days for it to re-acquire support. If the player accepts this offer, the bar Pather will happily take the player's credits without doing anything.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 05:25:46 PM by Vyn »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you for the report! Having trouble reproducing this one, the bar event seems to go away as soon as the station is destroyed. Just looking at the code, I'm not sure how that might occur - the event showing is conditioned on the base "intel" not being in the "ending" state, which it goes into when the base is destroyed. I mean, I'm probably missing some way for things to go off the rails, but any more detail you might have would be helpful.

(If you happen to have a save where this bar event is showing when it shouldn't, that'd be amazing! Though I'd imagine you likely don't.)

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile

Random guess: If the intel is tagged as Important it doesn't get set to the proper state?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Good guess! Doesn't appear to be the case, unfortunately.

Vyn

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I did in fact make an extra save when I first encountered this issue, but apparently I also absent mindedly deleted it while pruning old save files.

(it's not a priority, but allowing players to add/edit a description to the saves could help with file management)

So I loaded my oldest save game anyway, and found that there were was still some time left on the Luddic base cooldown timer. After rushing back to the bar with 127 days to go, I found the Pather was still waiting for me in his seat. Here is the file with that save game's folder.

All the Pather cells on my colonies in the system were originally supported by the same Pather base, and they all have the same bar mission on them. Unfortunately, I do not have a save from before I destroyed the Pather base, so it might still be difficult to duplicate the problem.

Edit: I do have some utility mods enabled in this save, so maybe I should remove the "vanilla" from this thread title? I don't think any of them should interfere with bar missions however.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 04:27:44 PM by Vyn »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmm, yeah - I can't actually load the save without enabling at least some of the mods, so this probably belongs in modded support. Let me move it there.

Thank you for uploading the save, though - I had Detailed Combat Reports handy and could load with just that enabled. What was happening here is the Pather in the bar would tell you about the nearest existing base that would support the cells if they hadn't been disrupted. I've changed the bar event to also check that the cells haven't been disrupted; that takes care of the issue.

Vyn

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a-RC15] Bar Pather offers base location when there is no base
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 05:33:03 PM »

Ah, I did not know that Detailed Combat Results could make a save game unloadable without it. Now that I have read the mod's instruction again, I see that there is some work required for removing it (change a json setting and run the save for 2 game days).

I can certainly do that before uploading any saves in the future, although the mod being active once may still affect the game state I suppose.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a-RC15] Bar Pather offers base location when there is no base
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 06:21:19 PM »

Yeah, that's no worries! If it's just one mod I can enable, that's one thing - but if I have to download 10+ assorted mods for a more heavily modded save, then that gets a bit time-consuming.