Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Colony Fleet Strength?  (Read 3381 times)

Reapernox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Colony Fleet Strength?
« on: June 19, 2021, 08:32:45 PM »

I am somewhat new to starsector can someone explain to me how/ what i need to do to increase the strength of my own colony fleets? every playthrough i have done. no matter what i seem to do hegemony always seem to steal my ai cores. i dont care about the gammas all that much but the more rare alphas. *** me off. How do i make a strong enough base/colony fleet in my system to combat this?

i need to note that my stability on the planet is 10.
ANd the battlestation always has a alpha AI core. which makes it "stronger"
also i have a few mods one of which give me access to the AI battlestation. (maybe this is my issue?)

RiqueSector

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Colony Fleet Strength?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 03:26:44 PM »

Colony strength, along with colony ship quality is determined by the industries you have. Heavy industries allow for self nade hulls which increases ship quality (less d-mods) and maximum size. You can upgrade your patrol HQs at the cost of an industry slot into military bases, and then into high command, that will make the fleet your colony launches a lot bigger. Another solution is changing your fleet doctrine, which can be done under the command tab on window 4 "Faction Doctrines", you might have way too many skilled officers and barely any ships in your fleets. Tech level on your stations also matters a lot, changes the weapons they have and their overall hp.

If you want to, you can bring a few marines to the hegemony's main industrial world and steal their nanoforge, which will cause their ships to become tinfoil, then install them on your heavy industries to have your ships have 0 d-mods. And an upgrade you can add to your military bases which increases the fleet size are "cryoarymithic engines" or something, they increase fleet size by 25% or 100%, if you have it on a hot or extremely hot planet, respectivey.