Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95a-RC15] Not getting the Horus Yaribay mission  (Read 1710 times)

hgwaz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.95a-RC15] Not getting the Horus Yaribay mission
« on: June 19, 2021, 05:26:36 AM »

I've tried multiple times to get the mission to talk to Horus, but it won't show up in my intel screen. There is an older topic from RC12 I found which suggests talking to Scylla, but she doesn't have any related dialogue topics. Trying to talk to Horus before receiving the mission results in him only having the goodbye line. Is there anything I can do to start the mission?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a-RC15] Not getting the Horus Yaribay mission
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 09:39:50 AM »

Hi - sorry about the trouble! You've finished and turned in the Project Ziggurat mission, right? And - is this vanilla? If so, would you mind emailing me your save so I can have a quick look? fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com.

hgwaz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 12:52:00 PM »

Unfortunately I'm using a bunch of mods which seems to have broken this. I tried the Skyrim methods of disabling mods to check if it works without, but the save is giving me an error when I try to load it without them so that's not something I'd know how to test.
Would the save still be of use to you in this case? If supporting modded saves is outside of what you support I totally understand.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 01:02:04 PM »

Ah, yeah - installing a bunch of mods to check into a save and then to find the issue is in one of the mods (which would take longer to track down, too) is usually a bit much to try to take on, apologies!

One thing you might try is running the game in devMode (by setting that to true in data/config/settings.json), and then interacting with the Galatia Academy. There should be a gray ">>(dev) start gaATG" option that you can select, then interact with the academy again, and that should start the mission, unless something more fundamental was broken.

hgwaz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 01:59:49 PM »

Doesn't work unfortunately, I'm still not getting the gate scanning dialogue from Scylla or a new mission. Still, thanks for the help!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 02:33:01 PM »

Hmm, strange - what *should* happen if you do that is that on interacting with the academy again, you should be contacted by Sebestyen etc. If that's not happening... that's just super odd, really. Seems like some mod would have to have messed with the rules for that mission, but I'm not sure why one would have done that.

As far as talking to Scylla, you'd do that *after* you already have an intel item for the "At the Gates" mission, to be able to start scanning the gates.

hgwaz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 02:46:08 PM »

I am contacted by Sebestyen as soon as I make contact with the Academy. He talks about how it "pertains to your previous involvement in a... study". That puts me in the regular menu with the option to "inform the agent that the Provost is expecting you for a meeting". She talks about Coureuse's research, the Ziggurat's motes and to go to Kazeron in Thule.
Neither Horus nor Coureuse have any dialogue besides cut comm link and from what I can tell ">>(dev) start gaATG" does nothing.

I am supposed to get a mission to talk to Horus, right? Or did I miss something?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2021, 02:49:04 PM »

Ah, hmm. (Did you start this save prior to -RC15, by chance?)

It sounds like the game is trying to start the mission but isn't able to for some reason - possibly a missing key NPC, or a colony that's decivilized (and shouldn't have been able to be, due to being "protected" by a story flag), or something similar.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2021, 02:52:57 PM »

Posting a list of exactly what mods you're using might help narrow it down. And if one of them did cause this it would be good to know which one so it can be fixed.

hgwaz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2021, 03:15:28 PM »

It is a RC15 save. My guess is that due to excessive wars and Nexerelin something happened, it is cycle 233.

I just noticed while loading it says "copies of campaign data in memory: 2" followed by a forced garbage collection and then it's down to 1. Could that be relevant?

My mod list:
Spoiler
$$$ Lightshow
$$$ Trailer Moments
A New Level of Confidence
Autosave
Better Colonies
Combat Alarm Sounds
Combat Chatter
Common Radar
LazyLib
Leading Pip
Legacy of Arkgneisis
Logistics Notifications
Luddic Enhancement
MagicLib
More Ship Names
Nexerelin
Outer Rim Alliance
Practice Targets
Roider Union
Scy Nation
Shadowyards
SpeedUp
Starship Legends
Torchships and Deadly Armamants
Transfer All Items
Underworld
Unknown Skies
Upgraded Rotary Weapons
Vayra's Ship Pack
ZZ Audio Plus
prv Starworks
zz GraphicsLib
[close]

I've accepted that I'm not gonna be able to finish the story in this save (Provost got sacked by the Hegemony, sucks to be her) but if there's something I can do to figure out how this happened and prevent it from happening to someone else I'd be happy to.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2021, 05:15:53 PM »

I just noticed while loading it says "copies of campaign data in memory: 2" followed by a forced garbage collection and then it's down to 1. Could that be relevant?

This is actually perfectly normal! You're only seeing that output due to being in devMode - I'd suggest turning that off, actually, since it can cause some rather odd things to happen, potential crashes, etc. The game is not really meant to be played long-term with that turned on.

I *think* Nex actually warns you when you're about to, say, bombard a colony that's story critical, but lets you do it if you disregard the warning? I'm not 100% sure on that. But if so, perhaps something like that might have happened here.

Avallac

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2021, 07:59:22 PM »

Damn I have the exact same issue, devmode doesn't help either. The Horus npc and the hegemon are all there and kazeron is controlled by persean league as it should, hegemony is fine too. Quest is simply refusing to start after talking to the provost and him telling me to go to kazeron (but without actually triggering the quest).

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2021, 01:25:48 AM »

I recently helped someone on Discord debug this issue.

The mission was silently failing to generate at the end of the convo with Baird, due to Epiphany no longer existing as a market, because the player had invaded and abandoned it.

I'll probably have Nex implement a custom AbandonMarketPlugin that prevents abandoning of story-critical markets (unless the player has deliberately turned off the relevant safety flags in the mod config). Perhaps the vanilla implementation should also check for this, although it doesn't come up there.