Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: the "repair ships completely" button should be anywhere except where its at  (Read 425 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

You can make a case for this button to be in a lot of places;
A) market screen. Thats where u buy the supplies u use, so itd be handy to have the button there so u can see if u need more supplies in the same screen as you'll buy those supplies
B) the bar. Would increase immersion a little bit by implying your character hangs out at the bar while the fleet is repaired, and would tie in a little bit with the quest content by increasing player exposure to it
C) Fleet screen. Once you start getting up there in fleet size there's a strategy of putting ships onto no-repair mode to work out how much supply ur willing to expend on getting which ships to instantly put at 100% while leaving the rest of the fleet where it's at, and the ability to commit those repairs from the screen you do those calculations from would be really natural

the only screen I can't come up with an argument for is the market supra-menu
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile

the only screen I can't come up with an argument for is the market supra-menu
It's the first screen you get when docking to a colony. It's pretty handy.

C) Fleet screen. Once you start getting up there in fleet size there's a strategy of putting ships onto no-repair mode to work out how much supply ur willing to expend on getting which ships to instantly put at 100% while leaving the rest of the fleet where it's at, and the ability to commit those repairs from the screen you do those calculations from would be really natural
I didn't know you could prevent a ship from getting repaired like that. I never had a reason not to repair any given ship, except for the mothballed ones.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

I didn't know you could prevent a ship from getting repaired like that. I never had a reason not to repair any given ship, except for the mothballed ones.

yeah, sometimes u dont have enough supplies to repair ur whole fleet, and u gotta bring a ship out of mothballed status more than u need the rest of ur fleet to get +5% CR. The reason I was thinking abt this is bc I'm being invaded by 3 factions in the space of about 10 days so I'm pulling my first two battleships out of storage, slapping whatever I've got on them & girding my loins for the upcoming **** storm
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile

If you're at a colony that needs defending, you should be able to pull from stockpiles to repair.