Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Bombardment mission only against open hostility  (Read 568 times)

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Bombardment mission only against open hostility
« on: June 14, 2021, 10:18:30 AM »

It’s so weird that a random dude in bar can casually ask you to bombard someone for a small pay.
Since bombardment always reveals your identity, it should only be given out by commissioned faction against active enemy, have a proc-gen defending fleet to fight and give a much higher payout.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile
Re: Bombardment mission only against open hostility
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 10:36:13 AM »

The trend seems to be moving more towards this: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21890.0

I think it adds more realism that these kinds of contracts exist. Furthermore the setting is quite grim dark and such atrocities add to that atmosphere

Edit:
Could they at least pay well for such a large committment?
I agree with this
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 10:54:32 AM by Tecrys »
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 10:51:51 AM »

Could they at least pay well for such a large committment?

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 10:56:14 AM »

I think it adds more realism that these kinds of contracts exist. Furthermore the setting is quite grim dark and such atrocities add to that atmosphere

What I feel is despair and uncompetitive officers that is dumb enough to ask a random dude in bar to do such job. That’s leaking military intel and deserves a death penalty. Too bad I can’t rat them out.

As of the mentioned thread what I feel is this guy wants to cheese the existing game balance features, such as the ability to remove pather cells. The only good point imo in the post is a way for player to have a organ producing industry that at very least allow player to have self sufficient supply of organs without SP improvement or AI usage.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Soda Savvy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 01:17:16 PM »

As bombarding planets disrupts my ability to turn a profit(along with blowing up potential vacation spots), I should have the option to shoot the meat calculator requesting such actions to begin with.