Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.95a-RC15] game slowdown after a while and incorrect ram usage  (Read 426 times)

UMA

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello all, this is my first time making post so please forgive me if i perhaps posted in wrong section, missed something, or not understanding some directions that you've given.

as title said, my game's fps would go down after 30+ minutes of play, this has happened both in vanilla play (although the game stay stable longer in vanilla) and modded play. i have 16GB of ram and i've allocated 6GB of ram in the vmparams file as instructed in the modding guide, and i've set the game and the java in my vga settings to use the "better" vga, my vga is gtx 1050 ti 12gb. i dont know if this is the correct way to check it but my game only uses 3gb of ram when i checked it on the task manager. im not running other programs in the background when im playing, and i'm using laptop in best performance mode battery setting if that matters

thanks in advance for any help provided here.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 05:30:53 AM by UMA »